• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

38 minutes ago, other one said:

One can be very passionate without telling others how wrong they are and insinuating they are not very smart.  Sinceyouhave not been here very long I'm not sure you understand why the rules That have been set are needed.  Hate to see you go, but If you don't want to interface with us without being offensive that is your decision....   and that is all that is being asked

Very well said :)

13 minutes ago, Royff said:

Where is the insult. I'll tell you where the insult is, I've been asked is there a gas leak in my neighborhood because I disagree what was being said. I've been asked if I ever read a book or try reading a book. So they can tell me that I'm not very smart or never read a book and that's not insulting, but when I respond in kind it suddenly becomes insulting. How is telling me I'm not very smart not insulting? Why does these rules apply to me and not to those who attack me and say that I'm not very smart? You seems to be dealing in one-sided justice here, why can people here tell me how wrong I am, and they have been telling me that since I made my first comment in this thread, but when I tell them that they are wrong now I becomes  so bad. That's what people do in these forum, telling each other how wrong they are. When people stop telling each other how wrong they are this forum will no longer exist because everything we do here is based on us telling each other how wrong we are.

You can tell me I'm wrong but I better not tell you how wrong you are. Do you see any justice in that? I know the rules, I've never called anyone out of there name. I simply refuse to play cut and paste scriptural volleyball I believe that's the problem you have with me. You have this robotic reaction here and anyone who doesn't play the game the way you have become accustom to is the evil devil. I'm not a robot and I'm not here to play the part of a robot. No one seems to be concerned with the fact that I proved through scripture that someone was leading Christians to believing that the gospel that Rome sent out to the world is the gospel of Christ and the fact that the person could not stand and defend this blaspheme, now every one is all shook-up because the way I exposed this falsehood that could lead to the destruction of many souls. Or is it that one of your major beliefs has been exposed? I notice was nothing said until this other person could no longer stand and defend his gospel that it suddenly became a problem. 

Do you believe in a pre tribulation rapture?

Royff, I'll be honest with you, or at least I'll give you my opinion- I'm sure you've been holding your breath waiting for Mystic Pizza to tell you what she thinks, lol (I'm kidding).

I don't think it's even anything you are saying, because I'm sure others in here can see that you're passionate and believe in what you are saying, and strongly. I think the problem could possibly be that you seem to be looking down from 'on high', sort of- determined to let everyone else know how right you are and how wrong they are, and how...'not quite as smart and well-read' they are in comparison to you. It comes across as somewhat demeaning to others, you know? There are ways to tell what you think about things without losing your 'passion', or smacking people verbally in the face and...somewhat tearing into them for not seeing eye-to-eye with you, then stating that they are basically....not your words but the idea is still the same...'heretics' for not agreeing with you.

This is just my point of view, from what I've read on the forums lately- and no offense meant, I promise.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Royff said:

Where is the insult. I'll tell you where the insult is, I've been asked is there a gas leak in my neighborhood because I disagree what was being said. I've been asked if I ever read a book or try reading a book. So they can tell me that I'm not very smart or never read a book and that's not insulting, but when I respond in kind it suddenly becomes insulting. How is telling me I'm not very smart not insulting? Why does these rules apply to me and not to those who attack me and say that I'm not very smart? You seems to be dealing in one-sided justice here, why can people here tell me how wrong I am, and they have been telling me that since I made my first comment in this thread, but when I tell them that they are wrong now I becomes  so bad. That's what people do in these forum, telling each other how wrong they are. When people stop telling each other how wrong they are this forum will no longer exist because everything we do here is based on us telling each other how wrong we are.

You can tell me I'm wrong but I better not tell you how wrong you are. Do you see any justice in that? I know the rules, I've never called anyone out of there name. I simply refuse to play cut and paste scriptural volleyball I believe that's the problem you have with me. You have this robotic reaction here and anyone who doesn't play the game the way you have become accustom to is the evil devil. I'm not a robot and I'm not here to play the part of a robot. No one seems to be concerned with the fact that I proved through scripture that someone was leading Christians to believing that the gospel that Rome sent out to the world is the gospel of Christ and the fact that the person could not stand and defend this blaspheme, now every one is all shook-up because the way I exposed this falsehood that could lead to the destruction of many souls. Or is it that one of your major beliefs has been exposed? I notice was nothing said until this other person could no longer stand and defend his gospel that it suddenly became a problem. 

Do you believe in a pre tribulation rapture?

if we are going to stop the insulting we have to stop it both  ways.....    my wife was a kindergarten teacher for 20+ years and their rules about hitting drove me nuts for a while....   if a person hits another in class and that person hits back both get in trouble....   same here.     when people insult you, you should bring it to their attention and if they do it again hit the report button and tell a mod....   it's the only way we are going to stop the craziness...    when you reply in kind chances both of you will be banned from the thread which accomplishes nothing.   

I understand and with my personal beliefs I've suffered a lot of that kind of insult....    but I'm confident enough in my own beliefs that I just usually let it go...    and if you'd been here when I came in 2003 you'd understand....   I had several people try and push me into a frenzy enough to get me banned...     but I'm still here and three of the four are not here any longer....   we'll see how it goes...

But seriously we all have differences in how we see things and when someone says things like what you are saying here, it's them and not you that doesn't have the common sense to come in out of the rain...   Just understand that no one should be forced to align themselves with you either and if they are hell bent on doing that just let someone in authority here know...   btw that is not me in almost all instances....   but as I read through things I do occasionally report people for pushing the limits....   and asking someone if they have a gas leak really is just a vailed attempt to get by saying someone is really dumb or stupid....

Royff, I used to believe in pre trib, now I'm more possible mid trib pre wrath, and even having said that, I'm still open to the fact that I could definitely be mistaken. I actually never saw the gas leak or read a book business you spoke of, but that's because most of the time, although not all! I tend to skim, lol. People can be hurtful though, we all have that nasty capability within us, and when we feel hurt we all tend to lash out, it's just human nature. You're right, my perception of you could be pretty skewed, but all I have.is what you post to go by. I do see glimmers of mellow in some things you say, and I'm sure it will all even out given time! Meanwhile, we all just need to remember to be kind to each other, respectful, I know...in a perfect world, lol.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

This thread has run its course as we are no longer discussing the topic at hand.