MyLordsServant

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

It's interesting clearly conflicting verses like this, no one can answer without giving multiple options for answers, showing they don't know but rather hope one of these fits. Which only makes people doubt more. This is the full verse in context. "For the Son of Man will come in His Father’s glory with His angels, and then He will repay each one according to what he has done. Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” Jesus didn't come with his angels and he hadn't judged(re-payed) anyone.

Which puts in context what Jesus meant when he said, "Son of Man coming in His kingdom". He meant coming with angels and judgment. -Hasn't happened. Jesus wasn't referencing a transfiguration. Whenever it references to "the coming of the Son of Man". It refers to the end times/judgement. Not an event like Jesus ascending or transfiguring. In fact it says, "coming" not "going"(ascending).

Also another verse, Jesus says "So also, when you see all these things, you will know that He is near, right at the door. Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened." In context, the disciples came privately asking Jesus what will the signs be of the temple destruction, also the sign of Jesus' return. Jesus explained the events to come before the temple destruction and his return.

First Jesus answered 2 questions with one answer. He said when those things happen, you will know He is right at the door(meaning the Son of Man returning).

Second, he says "...will not pass until ALL" the things he listed will happen. So when Jesus refers to "THIS GENERATION", if he indeed meant that generation, then it's a contradiction?. Because many obvious things have not happened, like Jesus coming and judging. Assuming Jesus meant "race", it would not be in line with other verses using that term or implication. Why wouldn't Jesus just have said "race" instead of generation? Those are clearly distinct significant terms. Why wouldn't Jesus have said, "that generation" instead of "this"? Why say "this generation" at all? It makes no sense for Jesus to say, "your race will not die until all these things happen". A verse later Jesus says, no one knows the day or the hour, not even Him. Then how would Jesus predict such a short time frame, meanwhile it's been 2k years?

So in verses like this. Is Jesus predicting his return within a single generation (0-100 years?).

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Obviously not, since Jesus doesn't lie and he did not return unless one believes the Preterist swill, which only opens a  Pandora Box of problems.

What I mean is, it sounds like Jesus is saying, "I will return before the first born of this generation dies".

Meaning Jesus would have been wrong if that's what he meant. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, MyLordsServant said:

First Jesus answered 2 questions with one answer. He said when those things happen, you will know He is right at the door(meaning the Son of Man returning).

Second, he says "...will not pass until ALL" the things he listed will happen. So when Jesus refers to "THIS GENERATION", if he indeed meant that generation, then it's a contradiction?. Because many obvious things have not happened, like Jesus coming and judging. Assuming Jesus meant "race", it would not be in line with other verses using that term or implication. Why wouldn't Jesus just have said "race" instead of generation? Those are clearly distinct significant terms. Why wouldn't Jesus have said, "that generation" instead of "this"? Why say "this generation" at all? It makes no sense for Jesus to say, "your race will not die until all these things happen". A verse later Jesus says, no one knows the day or the hour, not even Him. Then how would Jesus predict such a short time frame, meanwhile it's been 2k years?

So in verses like this. Is Jesus predicting his return within a single generation (0-100 years?).

Basically our interpretation of the Greek words genos and  genea are in view here: The context tells us that from the time of Jesus making the prophesy to the time of its fulfilment the same "genre" of people will exist, but it will be an indeterminate time period with various significant events to watch for. 

Strongs G1085

γένος
genos
ghen'-os
From G1096; kin (abstractly or concretely, literally or figuratively, individually or collectively): - born, country (-man), diversity, generation, kind (-red), nation, offspring, stock.
Total KJV occurrences: 21

Strongs G1074

γενεά
genea
ghen-eh-ah'
From (a presumed derivative of) G1085; a generation; by implication an age (the period or the persons): - age, generation, nation, time.
Total KJV occurrences: 42

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

37 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Obviously not, since Jesus doesn't lie and he did not return unless one believes the Preterist swill, which only opens a  Pandora Box of problems.

preterists are of their father .        I HOPE everyone understands I would never dishonor GOD with a lil f .  HE GETS CALLED THE FATHER .

the lil f belongs to another . 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Mat 24:2  And Jesus said to them, "Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down."

Mat 24:3  Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"

These things are the destruction of the Temple.   Your coming is His coming for the believers.   The end of the age may be the times of the Gentiles or this dispensation of grace, or even Armageddon.  To be able to return with His saints and/or angels His believers must have already been snatched up or raptured.   

Many of that generation did see the destruction of the Temple.  Others say that this generation refers to the generation since the return of the Jews to Israel and Jerusalem being returned to their control in 1967.   Prophecy is like looking at a series of mountain tops and not seeing what lies between.  It may skip many centuries. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

12 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

It's interesting clearly conflicting verses like this, no one can answer without giving multiple options for answers, showing they don't know but rather hope one of these fits. Which only makes people doubt more. This is the full verse in context. "For the Son of Man will come in His Father’s glory with His angels, and then He will repay each one according to what he has done. Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” Jesus didn't come with his angels and he hadn't judged(re-payed) anyone.

Which puts in context what Jesus meant when he said, "Son of Man coming in His kingdom". He meant coming with angels and judgment. -Hasn't happened. Jesus wasn't referencing a transfiguration. Whenever it references to "the coming of the Son of Man". It refers to the end times/judgement. Not an event like Jesus ascending or transfiguring. In fact it says, "coming" not "going"(ascending).

Also another verse, Jesus says "So also, when you see all these things, you will know that He is near, right at the door. Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened." In context, the disciples came privately asking Jesus what will the signs be of the temple destruction, also the sign of Jesus' return. Jesus explained the events to come before the temple destruction and his return.

You answered all the first-rate question concerning the time statements predicting the great prophecy in the Olivet Discourse. I would encourage you to the link below as a follow up to that theology. At first it may seem it has not place in the preterist camp until reaching the end of the article. I believe It will make the war of the Jews and destruction of  the Jewish temple in AD 70 come alive.

Kind Regards

Larry

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

10 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

LUKE.17:20 (NKJV) = 20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; 21 nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

ROMANS.14:17 =  17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

JOHN.14:15-24 Jesus Promises Another Helper

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

Indwelling of the Father and the Son

19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me.Because I live, you will live also. 20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

ACTS.2:1-4 Coming of the Holy Spirit

2:1 When the Day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

So, the "some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom” was likely referring to the Spirit'ual(= invisible) Coming of Jesus Christ to earth to  indwell His apostles, disciples and believers from ACTS.2 onward, as had been prophesied by Him at JOHN.14:15-24. This is different from the physical(= visible) Coming of Jesus Christ/God-in-the-flesh to earth, eg the 2nd Coming/Advent of Jesus Christ to earth to resurrect/rapture His people/believers and exact His vengeance upon unbelievers/mockers/persecutors at MATTHEW.24:29-31 and 1THESSALONIANS.4:16-17.

Edited by discipler777
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

No. The Kingdom can be seen coming long before the actual return of Christ in glory, with His angels, to judge the world. It's been "coming" ever since the Day of Pentecost.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

Can They See His Glory, Now~!

After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus. Matthew 17:1-3 (New International Version)

Can They See His Glory, Wow~!

The sky was rolled up like a scroll, and all of the mountains and islands were moved from their places.

Then everyone—the kings of the earth, the rulers, the generals, the wealthy, the powerful, and every slave and free person—all hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains. And they cried to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of the one who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb. For the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to survive?” Revelation 6:14-17 (New Living Translation)

~

Love, Your Brother Joe

Many people here have 'options' for answers, that fit if you twist it just right.

I'm looking for a solid answer. 

This is the verse Jesus was telling of his return: "Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory." (Matthew 24:30)

Looks to me like that hasn't happened, nor is it referring to his ascension, crucifixion, transfiguration, glorification, none of which has already happened.

When scripture says "Son of Man coming in His Kingdom". It's always referring to the 2nd coming. I mean come on... the entire chapter is about the end times, and people still say it has to do with the Holy Spirit or kingdom within us.

Jesus says, "all these things would happen". Which includes temple of destruction and second coming. 

"Truly I tell you, you will not reach all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes."

There's a reason all of the disciples, including Paul, believed that Jesus would come again within their time. 

As I see it, either Jesus meant race (Which still doesn't make sense), or translators chose the wrong word, or disciples incorrectly recorded what Jesus said, or Jesus was wrong. 

I'm not going to fall for and have weak faith, behind a random option that barely fits. This is such an important verse, there is no room to play on words.