• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,464
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,757
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

11 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

There's a reason all of the disciples, including Paul, believed that Jesus would come again within their time. 

Just some food for thought.  Although not Biblical, I'm not so sure this is the case.  Look at what Barnabas wrote.

Barnabas 15:1 Moreover concerning the Sabbath likewise it is written in the Ten Words, in which He spake to Moses face to face on Mount Sinai; And ye shall hallow the Sabbath of the Lord with pure hands and with a pure heart.

Barnabas 15:2 And in another place He saith; If my sons observe the Sabbath then I will bestow My mercy upon them.

Barnabas 15:3 Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Barnabas 15:4 Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years; and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end.

Barnabas 15:5 And He rested on the seventh day. this He meaneth; when His Son shall come, and shall abolish the time of the Lawless One, and shall judge the ungodly, and shall change the sun and the moon and the stars, then shall he truly rest on the seventh day.

Barnabas 15:6 Yea and furthermore He saith; Thou shalt hallow it with pure hands and with a pure heart. If therefore a man is able now to hallow the day which God hallowed, though he be pure in heart, we have gone utterly astray.

Barnabas 15:7 But if after all then and not till then shall we truly rest and hallow it, when we shall ourselves be able to do so after being justified and receiving the promise, when iniquity is no more and all things have been made new by the Lord, we shall be able to hallow it then, because we ourselves shall have been hallowed first.

Barnabas 15:8 Finally He saith to them; Your new moons and your Sabbaths I cannot away with. Ye see what is His meaning ; it is not your present Sabbaths that are acceptable [unto Me], but the Sabbath which I have made, in the which, when I have set all things at rest, I will make the beginning of the eighth day which is the beginning of another world.

The understanding of 6000 years then 1000 year Shabbat rest was something the Rabbis discuss at length as well.  

its not a new understanding ... it's an ancient one.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

17 minutes ago, George said:

Just some food for thought.  Although not Biblical, I'm not so sure this is the case.  Look at what Barnabas wrote.

Barnabas 15:1 Moreover concerning the Sabbath likewise it is written in the Ten Words, in which He spake to Moses face to face on Mount Sinai; And ye shall hallow the Sabbath of the Lord with pure hands and with a pure heart.

Barnabas 15:2 And in another place He saith; If my sons observe the Sabbath then I will bestow My mercy upon them.

Barnabas 15:3 Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Barnabas 15:4 Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years; and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end.

Barnabas 15:5 And He rested on the seventh day. this He meaneth; when His Son shall come, and shall abolish the time of the Lawless One, and shall judge the ungodly, and shall change the sun and the moon and the stars, then shall he truly rest on the seventh day.

Barnabas 15:6 Yea and furthermore He saith; Thou shalt hallow it with pure hands and with a pure heart. If therefore a man is able now to hallow the day which God hallowed, though he be pure in heart, we have gone utterly astray.

Barnabas 15:7 But if after all then and not till then shall we truly rest and hallow it, when we shall ourselves be able to do so after being justified and receiving the promise, when iniquity is no more and all things have been made new by the Lord, we shall be able to hallow it then, because we ourselves shall have been hallowed first.

Barnabas 15:8 Finally He saith to them; Your new moons and your Sabbaths I cannot away with. Ye see what is His meaning ; it is not your present Sabbaths that are acceptable [unto Me], but the Sabbath which I have made, in the which, when I have set all things at rest, I will make the beginning of the eighth day which is the beginning of another world.

The understanding of 6000 years then 1000 year Shabbat rest was something the Rabbis discuss at length as well.  

its not a new understanding ... it's an ancient one.

Except Jesus says, no one knows the day or hour. 6,000 years is assuming the day or at least month. 

Also I'm sure we can agree there is little hope that this earth will last another x,xxx - 4,000 years. I think we're right at the end times.

James 5:8,9: "You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near. Don’t grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!"

Jesus said when these things happen, He will be standing at the door. Has He been standing for 2,000 years? We know it's possible if you interpret it as 2 days. Then Jesus would have said He's standing at the door 24/7 for 5,999 years. If James is already saying He's at the door.

Hebrews 10:27 “In just a little while, he who is coming will come and will not delay.”

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,464
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,757
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

11 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

James 5:8,9: "You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near. Don’t grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door!"

Do you know when you are going to die?  Right now, the Judge is at the door for all of us ... and that's true for any generation. 

Just so you know, we don't know what year we are in ... as it's well documented we lost years over the history of the world.  

God bless you!

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

The generation that sees these things, no other generation has seen, since Jesus spoke these words, them like we are seeing them today, ...we are the generation!  It's that simple...

• Praise God! 1

10 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

The generation that sees these things, no other generation has seen, since Jesus spoke these words, them like we are seeing them today, ...we are the generation!  It's that simple...

No, otherwise Jesus is saying, "you won't die until you die".

Also Jesus answered both questions with 1 answer.

Temple destruction and His return. Meaning, that generation would have to witness both events including temple destruction.

Edited by MyLordsServant

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

1 hour ago, MyLordsServant said:

This is the verse Jesus was telling of his return: "Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory." (Matthew 24:30)

27 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.28 Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”(MATTHEW.16:27-28 - NKJV)

It stands to reason that MATTHEW.24:30 and MATTHEW.16:27 are talking about two different prophetic events because they were spoken by Jesus Christ at two different times. Hence, the latter is likely referring to the Spirit'ual Coming of His kingdom within His people on earth which came to pass at ACTS.2 onward, and the former is likely referring to His 2nd physical Coming to His people on earth which has yet to come to pass.

34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.(MATTHEW.24:34 - NKJV))

Like "Willa" has already said, MATTHEW.24:34 is referring to the prophesied destruction of the Holy Temple of God in Jerusalem which came to pass in 70AD, ie about 37 years after the prophecy was given. For MATTHEW.24:1-3(NKJV) say .......

Jesus Predicts the Destruction of the Temple

24:1 Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”

The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age

3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

Edited by discipler777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

13 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

Also Jesus answered both questions with 1 answer.

That is the reason it doesn't make sense to you.  You see one answer to 2 questions, whereas the rest of us see two answers to two different questions, so it makes perfect sense to us.  Jesus wasn't mistaken, so which do you think is more plausible?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

That is the reason it doesn't make sense to you.  You see one answer to 2 questions, whereas the rest of us see two answers to two different questions, so it makes perfect sense to us.  Jesus wasn't mistaken, so which do you think is more plausible?

Jesus said, "ALL" these things will happen first.

Meaning everything He said.

First He said what would happen at the temple destruction.

Then He said when His coming would be...after which to that He says, "this generation".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, MyLordsServant said:

Jesus said, "ALL" these things will happen first.

Meaning everything He said.

First He said what would happen at the temple destruction.

Then He said when His coming would be...after which to that He says, "this generation".

Jesus said all these things would happen in regards to His coming, the second question.   As you just correctly stated, first He said what would happen at the temple destruction, first question.  Two answers to two different questions.

8 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Jesus said all these things would happen in regards to His coming, the second question.   As you just correctly stated, first He said what would happen at the temple destruction, first question.  Two answers to two different questions.

My question is, what did Jesus mean by "this generation".