• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

11 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

I'm not mixing the answers together. Read my first post. 

You're applying "this generation" to this part of scripture, which does not say anything about "this generation"

11 hours ago, wingnut- said:

"For the Son of Man will come in His Father’s glory with His angels, and then He will repay each one according to what he has done. Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."

He says, some who are standing there (His disciples) will not taste death before the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.  This is not at all related to His physical coming with His angels.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:
12 hours ago, discipler777 said:

MATTHEW.16:24-28 (NKJV) Take Up the Cross and Follow Him

24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 27 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.28 Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.

The context of the verse that you quoted is related to the coming persecution of the apostles after the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ. The verse was given by Jesus Christ to the apostles as an assurance to them of the coming kingdom of God within them(= the outpouring of the Holy Spirit of God/Christ at ACTS.2), so that they would not deny Him and the faith in the face of persecution or even martyrdom from the Jews. In fact, nearly all the Apostles suffered martyrdom = they did not deny Christ and the faith = they kept the faith until the very end through the indwelling Spirit of God/Christ = "the kingdom of God is within you".(LUKE.17:21)

Imagine if the Holy Spirit of God(= power and revelations) had not been given to the apostles and disciples of Christ to indwell them from ACTS.2 onward when they were facing great persecution or even martyrdom(cf ACTS.7 & 8]  from the Jewish Temple authorities, Pharisees and Roman rulers.

P S - Apostle Peter had denied Jesus Christ 3X while in fear and despair(cf MATTHEW.10:33). Except for John, the resurrected Christ had to Personally call Peter, Thomas and the other apostles back into faith. Then ACTS.2 happened as prophesied, ie the coming of the kingdom of God within the apostles and disciples. Peter later suffered martyrdom = he did not again deny Christ and the faith.

This is a common verse that many assume refers to transfiguration, because they can't find anything else that fits.

It's the same way preterists try to explain "this generation" verse. 

In the same verse you underlined, read it in context, especially the verse right before. He says something that doesn't fit with transfiguration.

Which is, coming with angels and then judging the world. (All before that generation - the people standing their die). 

2CORINTHIANS.3:14-17 (NKJV) = 14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. 15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. 16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/15/1945

I personally think that Jesus was referring spirituality 

to a generation with the tempter, physically dead, but spirituality alive awaiting Jesuses return and rapture 

And then a spiritual generation without the tempter, off the earth for a thousand years with no temptation to sin.

Remember this is all spiritual, unseen.

With Love, Wnl

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,772
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:38 PM, MyLordsServant said:

It's interesting clearly conflicting verses like this, no one can answer without giving multiple options for answers, showing they don't know but rather hope one of these fits. Which only makes people doubt more. This is the full verse in context. "For the Son of Man will come in His Father’s glory with His angels, and then He will repay each one according to what he has done. Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” Jesus didn't come with his angels and he hadn't judged(re-payed) anyone.

Which puts in context what Jesus meant when he said, "Son of Man coming in His kingdom". He meant coming with angels and judgment. -Hasn't happened. Jesus wasn't referencing a transfiguration. Whenever it references to "the coming of the Son of Man". It refers to the end times/judgement. Not an event like Jesus ascending or transfiguring. In fact it says, "coming" not "going"(ascending).

Also another verse, Jesus says "So also, when you see all these things, you will know that He is near, right at the door. Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened." In context, the disciples came privately asking Jesus what will the signs be of the temple destruction, also the sign of Jesus' return. Jesus explained the events to come before the temple destruction and his return.

First Jesus answered 2 questions with one answer. He said when those things happen, you will know He is right at the door(meaning the Son of Man returning).

Second, he says "...will not pass until ALL" the things he listed will happen. So when Jesus refers to "THIS GENERATION", if he indeed meant that generation, then it's a contradiction?. Because many obvious things have not happened, like Jesus coming and judging. Assuming Jesus meant "race", it would not be in line with other verses using that term or implication. Why wouldn't Jesus just have said "race" instead of generation? Those are clearly distinct significant terms. Why wouldn't Jesus have said, "that generation" instead of "this"? Why say "this generation" at all? It makes no sense for Jesus to say, "your race will not die until all these things happen". A verse later Jesus says, no one knows the day or the hour, not even Him. Then how would Jesus predict such a short time frame, meanwhile it's been 2k years?

So in verses like this. Is Jesus predicting his return within a single generation (0-100 years?).

(Mark 8:34-38; Luke 9:23-26)Matt 16:24-28

24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.  25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.  26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?  27 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. 

We know this time in ultimate fulfillment is this

Rev 20:11-15

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
KJV

Jesus Transfigured on the Mount
(Mark 9:1-13; Luke 9:27-36; 2 Peter 1:16-18)

28 Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom." 
NKJV

We know this was fulfilled fully with John who was given sight and penned 'Revelation' and since 90's all have been given sight of the 'Kingdom' in the eternal state....
Nothing difficult except those who are trying through flesh to understand the Word for they never will- the body passes away and the lust thereof 'Praise God'...

Rev 21:1-4

21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
KJV

God is about fulfilling 100% of His Word and certainly He has both in flesh 'That of His Son Jesus' and in Spirit of whom we that have new birth understand His Presence within...

1 Cor 2:14-16

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
KJV

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  479
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

11 hours ago, wingnut- said:

You're applying "this generation" to this part of scripture, which does not say anything about "this generation"

He says, some who are standing there (His disciples) will not taste death before the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.  This is not at all related to His physical coming with His angels.

That's the problem with your interpretation. You think "Son of Man coming in his kingdom" means the outpouring of the Spirit.

Then what words would Jesus use to refer to his second coming?

Read the verse before "some standing wont taste...". Jesus says, he will come with angels to judge. Within 2 verses Jesus says he will come, and yet both are saying one thing. You divide them to say 2 completely different things. 

10 hours ago, discipler777 said:

2CORINTHIANS.3:14-17 (NKJV) = 14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. 15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. 16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

I get that, and saying it over and over, doesn't change that Jesus said his coming, involves angels and judgment.

2 hours ago, MyLordsServant said:

That's the problem with your interpretation. You think "Son of Man coming in his kingdom" means the outpouring of the Spirit.

It's not my interpretation, it is what Jesus said specifically regarding His kingdom.

Luke 17:20 Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, he answered them, “The kingdom of God is not coming in ways that can be observed, 21 nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

It's not my interpretation, it is what Jesus said specifically regarding His kingdom.

Luke 17:20 Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, he answered them, “The kingdom of God is not coming in ways that can be observed, 21 nor will they say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or ‘There!’ for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.”

The Pharisees believed the kingdom of God would come by a messiah, who would restore peace on earth. That's why Jesus said it can't be observed, because the kingdom of God, is the Holy Spirit in the 'temple'. But there's a difference between kingdom of God, and Son of Man coming in His kingdom. If you can't find a distinguishing line between these terms, then you'll interchange the meaning whenever it's convenient.

Jesus will come like a thief in the night... “For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be”. To me that sounds like it can't be observed. (Keep in mind, this verse in context was prophesying the end times).

Whenever Jesus referred to "coming of the Son of Man", He always referred to His 2nd coming.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

On 12/20/2018 at 4:38 PM, MyLordsServant said:

It's interesting clearly conflicting verses like this, no one can answer without giving multiple options for answers, showing they don't know but rather hope one of these fits. Which only makes people doubt more. This is the full verse in context. "For the Son of Man will come in His Father’s glory with His angels, and then He will repay each one according to what he has done. Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.” Jesus didn't come with his angels and he hadn't judged(re-payed) anyone.

Which puts in context what Jesus meant when he said, "Son of Man coming in His kingdom". He meant coming with angels and judgment. -Hasn't happened. Jesus wasn't referencing a transfiguration. Whenever it references to "the coming of the Son of Man". It refers to the end times/judgement. Not an event like Jesus ascending or transfiguring. In fact it says, "coming" not "going"(ascending).

Also another verse, Jesus says "So also, when you see all these things, you will know that He is near, right at the door. Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened." In context, the disciples came privately asking Jesus what will the signs be of the temple destruction, also the sign of Jesus' return. Jesus explained the events to come before the temple destruction and his return.

First Jesus answered 2 questions with one answer. He said when those things happen, you will know He is right at the door(meaning the Son of Man returning).

Second, he says "...will not pass until ALL" the things he listed will happen. So when Jesus refers to "THIS GENERATION", if he indeed meant that generation, then it's a contradiction?. Because many obvious things have not happened, like Jesus coming and judging. Assuming Jesus meant "race", it would not be in line with other verses using that term or implication. Why wouldn't Jesus just have said "race" instead of generation? Those are clearly distinct significant terms. Why wouldn't Jesus have said, "that generation" instead of "this"? Why say "this generation" at all? It makes no sense for Jesus to say, "your race will not die until all these things happen". A verse later Jesus says, no one knows the day or the hour, not even Him. Then how would Jesus predict such a short time frame, meanwhile it's been 2k years?

So in verses like this. Is Jesus predicting his return within a single generation (0-100 years?).

Never doubt!!!!!!!!! Remember:

Deuteronomy 13, Psalm 14, Psalm 53, Job 25:6, Psalm 62, and many many many more wonderful verses! Remember, when your faith is being tested you are to pray, believe, and try your very very very best with all your heart and mind to understand what is confusing to you and praise THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Dear brothers and sisters, repent and believe!!!!!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, MyLordsServant said:

The Pharisees believed the kingdom of God would come by a messiah, who would restore peace on earth. That's why Jesus said it can't be observed, because the kingdom of God, is the Holy Spirit in the 'temple'. But there's a difference between kingdom of God, and Son of Man coming in His kingdom. If you can't find a distinguishing line between these terms, then you'll interchange the meaning whenever it's convenient.

Jesus will come like a thief in the night... “For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be”. To me that sounds like it can't be observed. (Keep in mind, this verse in context was prophesying the end times).

Whenever Jesus referred to "coming of the Son of Man", He always referred to His 2nd coming.

Understanding the distinguishing line is something that comes from spiritual discernment, recognizing the difference between the spiritual and physical.  There really isn't anything more I can say on the matter, understanding will have to come from the Lord.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 1