JTC

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, thanks replying. Really, I didn't know about these other health issues. Is your frenemy literally the only pharmacist available to obtain the meds you need? God ALWAYS finds a way. This should not be entrapment, you are not stuck. Ask God to help you out and provide what you need. This is your health and spiritual life here

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,213
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

On 1/1/2019 at 11:48 AM, JTC said:

. But as I've often said, I live in a very ungodly area.

Nowadays most places are ungodly areas.

I have been listening to Henry Groover recently who prays over areas and teaches through scripture, how we should not take things personally, if God is to be able to work effectively in us. We need to keep the joy of the Lord and a song in our hearts, we need to have His Peace working in us to be effective witnesses to others. That means to have patience, but also not compromise Gods Word to not "people please".

He also advises:

Never go into Spiritual Warfare with sin in your life

What Mr Henry Groover suggests and is also scriptural, is that we should pray over areas where we live or have to walk into, and also pray to God for people. Asking Christs Blood to cover unsafe areas and cleanse them Through His Blood, and to take away the devils squatter rights over a certain area, and to forgive people who you know  are not right with God and ask God to give them a window of time for His Mercy and Grace to manifest in them, so that they can repent and find His plan of Mercy and Grace. And this is also your protection from them looking to harm you.   And as for us, we need to continue always being shinning lights unto this dark world. Sometimes it is best to keep away or retreat from people who are hurtful and replenish ourselves in Gods Love by prayer and His Word

Here are some of the scriptural verses he recommends we live by:

Living Sacrifices to God

Romans 12:1-2

12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Not Carnality but Christ

Colossians 3

If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

2 Corinthians 5:14-18

14 For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; 15 and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.

16 Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,

The Spiritual War

2 Corinthians 10

10 Now I, Paul, myself am pleading with you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ—who in presence am lowly among you, but being absent am bold toward you. But I beg you that when I am present I may not be bold with that confidence by which I intend to be bold against some, who think of us as if we walked according to the flesh. 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

----------------

I understand sometimes we also fall short of His glory and can fall into sin ourselves by getting angry and judging people. When we notice we ourselves are stumbling, its better to retreat and pray asking God for own forgiveness and guidance in our own lives and get back into prayer and His Word.

Its hard to live in this ungodly world that rejects the bible and has itchy ears for everything else other than seeking His Word in everything and following it.

Sometimes we need to retreat in prayer and ask the Holy Spirit to help us and show us the way.

I am noticing this in my own life, but it is also showing me that right now I am also needing to step back and retreat more in Gods Word so to replenish myself so that my countenance be renewed and filled back up with of His peace and joy and less and less of my judgement,self will and fear.

Proverbs 3:5-6 New King James Version (NKJV)

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall [a]direct your paths.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

11 that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, 12 that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing.

All These verses, are good reminders that I need to keep close to me, as they help to center me.

Right now I also need centering in my life, as I too can fall into "people pleasing" mode instead of standing firm on Gods Word.

Trying to bring Gods Word to an unbeliever takes a lot of Gods love, mercy, grace, patience.

Never go into Spiritual Warfare with sin in your life, repent of your sins and then Trust in His Word to guide you.

But also remember people who are NOT saved, have their own spirit of oppression/possession, working through them. The only thing a christian can do is share Gods Word and stand firm by it, and pray that God grant to them His plan of Mercy and Grace so that their own spirits may get convicted unto repentance and welcoming His Holy Spirit into their lives.

I am right now in a position with an 89 year old lady who claims to love Christ Jesus and the bible, but at the same time is very caught up by the world, saying one minute that the Blood of Jesus heals, and the next saying that all religions lead to God.  I feel like their is no progress in her understanding of Gods Word and what the bible says that Christ is the way the truth and the Life and that no man come to the Father but through Him

John 14:6 The Way, the Truth, and the Life
5“Lord,” said Thomas, “we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way?” 6Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7If you had known Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.”…

From what the bible says, if people: Jew or Gentiles do not accept John 14:6 to be true.  Then I would keep praying for them but keep my distance so to not fall captive by these people, compromising Gods Truth and us Christians people pleasing with them as that can only drag you down if you"people please" and not stand firm to Gods Word.

Of course if you are dependent on this person for medical reasons, say little to upset them, especially if they are prone to hurt you, pray more about it silently, for that person and that God also protect you and keep you safe in this situation.

Place Your Trust in Him, stand firm by it, walk diligently in His Word and let the rest go, leave it to God to handle.

In Christ Jesus Always;

1to3

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

JTC, you say he is concerned about his soul.   If led you might bring up Leviticus 17:11 which explains it is only by the blood that we can have atonement.   Then explain that is why Jesus's blood was shed for us and is so important.    Also, Isaiah 53, the entire chapter speaks clearly of Christ.

Sometimes when people are under conviction of the Holy Spirit, they can be mean to born again believers.   If led, ask him if he has peace in his heart with God.   Tell him that forgiveness through Christ's blood will give him that peace.   You can mention there are many Jews that now believe in Christ as their Messiah/Savior.   Just some ideas, you will know what is best for you to share....then let God do the work.   Miracles do happen in people.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

On 12/23/2018 at 2:41 AM, JTC said:

This is more of a lament than a question but I wonder how many other Christians are surrounded by these kind of people? In fairness some are not like this. I have 2 scriptures to go along with my comments.

Luke 17:1  And he said to his disciples, "Temptations to sin are sure to come, but woe to the one through whom they come!"  ESV

Matt 18:7  "How terrible for the people of the world because of the things that cause them to sin. Such things will happen, but how terrible for the one who causes them to happen!"  NCV

Many other versions translate the word sin as stumble or offense. I wanted sin so I choose the ESV & NCV.

I have a frienemy who delights in doing this, which IMO makes it worse. If he was a Christian I'd tell him, privately, what he's doing. But he is Jewish and I thought he was 1 of the serious Jews. He has told me he worries about his soul. Since I'm 15 yrs older he once asked me to put in a good word for him with God after I die. (as if)      He's my pharmacist so I can't always avoid him. He's both helpful and nasty. My body is sensitive to many drugs and with certain meds I need a certain brand or the same brand every month. Chain pharmacies sell what is given to them and private pharmacies sell whatever they got at the lowest price. But this man will usually get me what I need. All generic drugs were supposed to be the same but they aren't.  Yesterday I went into his store and he exploded at me. (he had no reason) I simply went in to pick up a script. Most of the time I take this man's cruelty in stride. But yesterday he got to me. First I became angry which is dangerous. The anger lead to my thinking about bad things that could happen to him. I didn't wish them on him but just thinking he would deserve it is a sin. Not being able to get angry at him leads me to turn the anger inward and I do things that can hurt me. Sometimes I get depressed. And he seems pleased with himself that he hurt another person. I'm sure he does this to others as well as me, such as his children. If I ever do say something to him I should do it using a Jewish rule or axiom, but I can't think of any? Apparently I don't know Judaism as well as I wished. Any ideas?

The worst thing is this happened yesterday and I still haven't purged it from my mind. Quite honestly he causes people to sin far too often. As owner of 1 drug store and a partner in another I think part of this is a power trip. But I can see on his face that he enjoys this, that's not good. He's also big on taking the specks out of other's eyes meanwhile he has planks in his own eyes. But all my scripture references are NT and he thinks the whole NT is trash. Although he hasn't read the OT either. One of his partners is Born Again and that man tries to convert the pharmacist.

I know he's worried about his relationship to God but I don't know what to say to him to help him.

hello

it is just my take on it.

but people can't change people God can

i would minimize interaction with this person. you have got enough on your plate already....

pray for him if you wish but minimize interactions with him is mine advice.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,213
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Hi JTC;

I would like to share with you a video that has blessed me greatly. I listen to it many times over as there is such good things in it.

In Henry Gruvers' message , he teaches how not to take things personally. I hope you get a chance to listen to it/download it, as its a great christian message.

Here is the title you can find on you tube:

Henry Gruver

God Bless;

1to3