Sign in to follow this  
Da Puppers

A compendium of the beast. Dan 7, Rev 13, Rev 17.

This is my attempt to give an orderly fashion to the beast.   For your best understanding of things,  keep these things in mind. 

1.  A beast is a kingdom.   It represents a conglomeration of nations,  portrayed as horns in Daniel,  and in Revelation.  Individual heads of these nations are represented by standing horns in Daniel,  and by Heads in Revelation.   The beast does not represent its ruling authority,  just the kingdom.   But a kingdom is not a kingdom without a king,  so it is not without a ruling authority. 

2.  The great tribulation begins when Michael stands up,  as per Daniel 12:1.  Verse 7 says that the end of these wonders will take place 3.5 years later: 

*[[Dan 12:7]] KJV* And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

But 3.5 years is not equal to 42 months.   Time, times, and half a time,  is a Jewish reckoning of 43 or 44 months, depending upon its starting point.   Three complete years on a Jewish calendar will have 37 months (90% of the time) or 38 months (10% of the time), which means that 3.5 years will have 43 or 44 months.   Therefore 42 months is less than 3.5 years.   It is the period found here:

*[[Dan 7:25]] KJV* And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the DIVIDING OF TIME.

The 42 months of Rev 13 pertains to this time.   The time of the little horn pertains to the onset of the great tribulation until the beginning of the 42 months,  no more than 2 months.   42 months is also only 1239 days,  confirming that it to, is less than 1260 days used earlier in Rev. 

3.  This compendium is to give fluid understanding to the visions and interpretations of Daniel and John.   

4.  John's perspective in Rev 17 is twofold in nature.   

A. It is at the time of the 6th king,  Domitian, but before the rise of the 7th or 8th kings [NOT KINGDOMS].  The 7th king corresponds to the time of great tribulation under the auspices of the little horn.   The 8th one continues for 42 months after, and is the beast from the earth of Rev 13, aka the 4th of 4 kings from Daniel 7 to arise "from the earth".  So here goes. 

B. It is also at the time when the beast IS NOT.   I.e., when the kingdom is not in existence.   It does not represent the king or head of the kingdom,  NOT BEING IN EXISTENCE,  in John's day.   In essence,  we have:

1. The 6th king IS, and, 

2. The Beast,  IS NOT.

This is because the "beast/ kingdom", which is not, will be headed up by the 7th and 8th kings.   This is dually presented as the Ram with 2 horns in Daniel 8, AND the Lamb with 2 horns in Revelation 13.

Here is a compendium of the beast as found in Dan 7, Rev 13 & Rev 17.

Dan 7:7, After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns. 
Rev 17:7And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. 
Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that w

Rev 13:1-2 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
Dan 7:8, I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
Rev 17:12-14 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
Dan 7:21-23 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them; Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom. Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
Dan 7:9-11 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened. I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
Rev 13:3  And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

[4] And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? 
Dan 7:24-25. And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
Rev 13:3 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
 Dan 7:26. But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end. 
Rev 17:17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

Dan 7:27. And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

I will follow later this with an exegesis of the 7, rather 8 kings, not kingdoms,  of Rev 17

Blessings

The PuP 

Edited by Da Puppers
Forgotten point.

Five are fallen.  #1-#5.
One IS. #6.
One shall continue a short space.  #7
One is of the 7. #8
But the beast IS NOT.

The beast is the kingdom,  but not the king,  per se.  (You can't have a kingdom without a king. )  At the time (of John writing) the 6th king IS, but the beast/ kingdom IS NOT.   This shows that the 7 KINGS are referring to those who reigned over the great city,  which is Jerusalem.   So who are these 7 kings,  and  who is the 8th?

*[[Rev 17:18]] KJV* And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

The reason that the 8th is only OF the seven kings,  and is not an 8th king is because the 7 succeeded in reigning over Jerusalem,  but the 8th will fail in his attempt.   The 8th attempt is the battle of Armageddon,  at the return of Jesus.   This 8th kings armies will not reach Jerusalem,  but will be defeated far from there in the valley of Megiddo.  Apollyon/Abaddon will fail as 8th head of the kingdom that WAS NOT  in John's day.   What is this kingdom?  It definitely is not the kingdom that WAS in John's day,  which is Rome, but it is a kingdom that was not in John's day.   

That kingdom/ beast is described by both  John,  and Daniel.   In Daniel 8, we have a ram with two horns,  with the higher one coming up last.  In Rev 13 we have a lamb with 2 horns that comes up after the 1st beast from the sea,  THE BEAST FROM THE EARTH.   This is the same as the one who comes up afterward (of the little horn) and is the 4th beast that arises out of the earth.   He subdues the other 3 kings that arose out of the earth.   From this we read: 

Dan 8:4 I saw the ram pushing westward, and northward, and southward; so that no beasts might stand before him, neither was there any that could deliver out of his hand; but he did according to his will, and became great.

As per Dan 8:4, we see that this 4th beast desires that none of the other 3 beasts might stand before him.   2 Esdras 12,13 conveys to us that the he-goat of Daniel 8 is the first of the other 3 beasts,  to come against the Ram. 

What is this kingdom?  None other than Media - Persia.   

Dan 8:20 The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.
The little horn,  as evidence of his attack on Jerusalem,  is said to :

Dan 8:9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.

The little horn is given dominion over the pleasant land (Israel), but the Ram is not.   He is seen advancing to the North, the South,  and to the West.   The Ram,  will be responsible for stirring up all against the Grecian empire: 

Dan 11:2 And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth shall be far richer than they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia.

I have testified,  with some scriptures,  that the 7th & 8th kings of Rev 17, are the little horn and Apollyon, as the head of M-P kingdom.  

The 6th king is Domitian,  in his former attack on Jerusalem by Rome.   Who are the 1st five?  

#5 is King Neb. 

#4 is probably Sennacherib, king of Assyria, 

2Ch 32:2 And when Hezekiah saw that Sennacherib was come, and that he was purposed to fight against Jerusalem,

#3 is probably Jehoash, king of Israel, 

2Ki 14:13 And Jehoash king of Israel took Amaziah king of Judah, the son of Jehoash the son of Ahaziah, at Bethshemesh, and came to Jerusalem, and brake down the wall of Jerusalem from the gate of Ephraim unto the corner gate, four hundred cubits.

#2 is probably Rezin, king of Syria,  

2Ch 28:5 Wherefore the LORD his God delivered (Ahaz) into the hand of the king of Syria; and they smote him, and carried away a great multitude of them captives, and brought them to Damascus. And he was also delivered into the hand of the king of Israel, who smote him with a great slaughter.

#1 is probably Shishak, king of Egypt,  when Rehoboam was king of Judah. 
 *[[1Ki 14:25]] KJV* And it came to pass in the fifth year of king Rehoboam, that Shishak king of Egypt came up against Jerusalem:

I know that this is probably far from what anyone currently believes.   The important point to grasp is that the 7 heads and 10 horns,  represent the geographical domain of the same kingdom,  from the beginning of the great tribulation,  until the battle of Armageddon,  3.5 years later. 

Blessings

The PuP 

Sign in to follow this