IGNORED

A Christmas message to consider

Guest PinkBelt

Guest PinkBelt

This holiday as many of you are celebrating Christmas please remember that there are so many people who will not be having a merry Christmas. There are so many people including teenagers and children on the streets and in abject poverty and anything extra on our parts could help to brighten their holidays a little bit. If you can, going out on Christmas day to pass out food and warm clothes would be wonderful. If you donate toys please remember that older kids and girls get far less in donations than young boys. Please try and get something for a boy and a girl, and try to get something for older kids if you can.

I don't want to be preachy but please above all remember that for some people their suffering does not take a holiday and try and do what you can to bring a little cheer.

Edited by PinkBelt

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,934
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I think the spirit of what was shared by the starter of this thread is commendable. It really takes compassion for someone to remember those less fortunate than us during a time where the media propagates buying a whole bunch of useless things that we don't actually need. It is nice to see that someone is thinking about others during this god-less time of the year. I say god-less, not because it represents Christianity, rather because the materialistic mentality that Christmas revolves around is not what Christianity is all about.

Jesus says,"Blessed are the poor, for theirs is the Kingdom of God". Many people would translate this as 'poor in spirit'. I think this interpretation is used to justify our greed. Nevertheless, if we continue to read, Jesus says, "...but woe to the rich, for they already received their consolation." Is he talking about spiritually rich? I don't think so. Why would he say 'woe' to someone who is rich spiritually? Jesus also says, "Don't store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consumes..." Isn't this what happens during Christmas? People buy new stuff each year and stuffs the things of last year somewhere in the closet, garage, etc..

Food for thought as we go into the most hypocritical time of the year.

• Thumbs Up 1