IGNORED

Evolution Question About Dinosaurs

SavedOnebyGrace

On 3/25/2019 at 5:37 PM, Spock said:

I’m perplexed, so I’d appreciate any word of knowledge here (scientific knowledge of course). 

If the dinosaurs lived on Earth between 200-65 million years ago, why are most of the alleged fossil bones found very near the surface of the earth? 

I mean, we usually have to dig pretty far down to get oil, right?  And oil comes from dead plants and animals, right?  So, if these dead plants and animals are very far down under the earth’s surface, why are all these alleged dinosaur bones from 200-65 million years ago so close to the surface and why aren’t they way down there as well? 

Thanks,

spock 

That's an interesting observation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,207
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 12/23/2018 at 1:32 AM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Scientists supporting evolution have been promoting the idea that dinosaurs became birds.  What cold-blooded animal has evolved (?) into a warm-blooded creature?  Where's the evidence?

The Bible is the story of the Fall and Redemption of man.  

That's it and that's all.  

Any good book is consistent with its own theme.  The Biblical story of the fall and redemption of man is six thousand years old and still in progress.  If you want a book about a different subject, then go to the library and read one.  The Bible is NOT an encyclopedia.

The Bible isn't about animal husbandry.  If you want a book about agri-business go to the library and read a book about it.  It isn't in the Bible.

The Bible isn't about ancient civilizations.  If you want a book about archeology go to a library and get a book about that subject.  It isn't in the Bible.

The Bible isn't about tectonic plate movement.  If you want a book about geology go to the library.  It isn't in the Bible.

The Bible isn't about dinosaurs or what caused their demise.  If you want a book about paleontology go to the library.  It isn't in the Bible.

The Bible isn't about flying saucers.  If you want a book about that go to the library.  It isn't in the Bible.

The Bible isn't about the alignment of the stars or the celestial mechanics of the formation of the solar system.  If you want a book about astronomy go to the library.  It isn't in the Bible.

THE BIBLE IS - about the fall and redemption of man - a story that affects every man and woman on the planet.  It's about God's plan to save us from sin.  THAT is in the Bible.

I recommend reading the Bible from cover to cover.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft
Added emphasis
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

8 minutes ago, choir loft said:

Any good book is consistent with its own theme.  The Biblical story of the fall and redemption of man is six thousand years old and still in progress.  If you want a book about a different subject, then go to the library and read one.  The Bible is NOT an encyclopedia.

The Bible isn't about animal husbandry.  It isn't about the agricultural business - planting and harvesting and how best to nurture crops.  If you want a book about that go to the library.  It isn't in the Bible.

The Bible isn't about ancient civilizations.  If you want a book about the Inca or the dynasties of China go to a library and get a book about that subject.  It isn't in the Bible.

The Bible isn't about tectonic plate movement or geological history of planet earth.  If you want a book on that go to the library.  It isn't in the Bible.

The Bible isn't about dinosaurs or what caused their demise.  If you want a book about that go to the library.  It isn't in the Bible.

The Bible isn't about flying saucers or alien encounters with humanity.  If you want a book about that go to the supermarket tabloid.  It isn't in the Bible.

The Bible isn't about the alignment of the stars or the celestial mechanics of the formation of the solar system.  If you want a book about that go to the library.  It isn't in the Bible.

THE BIBLE IS - about the fall and redemption of man - a story that affects every man and woman on the planet.  It's about God's plan to save us from sin.  THAT is in the Bible.

Great post brother. Clap clap

1In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

I usually tell people, this is all I need to know and apparently all God wants me to know. Just know and believe it...that should suffice. 

Having said that, I do believe our enemy is creating stories and lies to mislead people from the truth. That Imo should be exposed so people can understand not everything being promoted as truth is actually that (goo to man for one of them).

5 minutes ago, Spock said:

I usually tell people, this is all I need to know and apparently all God wants me to know. Just know and believe it...that should suffice. 

Having said that, I do believe our enemy is creating stories and lies to mislead people from the truth. That Imo should be exposed so people can understand not everything being promoted as truth is actually that (goo to man for one of them).

It may be all you need to know to sustain your own faith, but the world constantly assaults us there.  

Someone else may need a clearer view of the Bible and what it says - and what it does NOT say.

I do agree with you on the point that lies and confusion are increasing.   Deception is everywhere and truth has become a four letter word.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, choir loft said:

The Bible isn't about animal husbandry.  If you want a book about agri-business go to the library and read a book about it.  It isn't in the Bible.

The Bible isn't about ancient civilizations.  If you want a book about archeology go to a library and get a book about that subject.  It isn't in the Bible.

The Bible isn't about tectonic plate movement.  If you want a book about geology go to the library.  It isn't in the Bible.

The Bible isn't about dinosaurs or what caused their demise.  If you want a book about paleontology go to the library.  It isn't in the Bible.

The Bible isn't about flying saucers.  If you want a book about that go to the library.  It isn't in the Bible.

The Bible isn't about the alignment of the stars or the celestial mechanics of the formation of the solar system.  If you want a book about astronomy go to the library.  It isn't in the Bible.

That's true up to a point.  But if people are trying to mesh science with the Bible, unnecessary conflict will occur.  We still have conspiracy truthers on this website that still believe in a flat earth.  Science can enhance our understanding of the Bible, for example DNA.  This is not to indicate any support for evolution.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

17 hours ago, Spock said:

It is worth remembering that modern science depends entirly on a Christian view of creation.

That we can investigate how things work.

That the universe is consitent, ie the rules don't suddenly change.

That the universe is reasonable and understandable.

Without these presupositions science cannot work, they are not supportable by any atheist or evolutionary philosphy.

The consquence of this is that science that is true will agree with the bible ie a recent creation, no long ages, a world wide global flood etc.

2 hours ago, Who me said:

It is worth remembering that modern science depends entirly on a Christian view of creation.

That we can investigate how things work.

That the universe is consitent, ie the rules don't suddenly change.

That the universe is reasonable and understandable.

Without these presupositions science cannot work, they are not supportable by any atheist or evolutionary philosphy.

The consquence of this is that science that is true will agree with the bible ie a recent creation, no long ages, a world wide global flood etc.

That is not how I see it from a scientific perspective.  If the laws have been constant, ie, the same before the flood and the speed of light has not changed, then the universe would be old and the earth would not be under 10,000 years old, but old like claimed.

This seems to be the biggest thorn with Christians....half want the earth to be young and half are okay with it being old as science says.  I guess the young earthers believe that Adam and Eve entered the world about 6000 years ago THEREFORE the earth HAS TO BE young.  I don’t agree with that thinking. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

17 minutes ago, Spock said:

That is not how I see it from a scientific perspective.  If the laws have been constant, ie, the same before the flood and the speed of light has not changed, then the universe would be old and the earth would not be under 10,000 years old, but old like claimed.

Why does the above mean the earth has to be more than 10K?

You are aware of the problems explaining an old universe are you?

That there has not been enough time for theheat from the big bang to have equalised out as we find.

That the supposed age of the earth puts the average temperature when life first appeared to be far to cold for life to live.

That there was oxygen in the earlist atmosphere so any amino acids formed would oxidise, if they weren't destroyed by ultra violet radiation, os disolved by water.

Evolutionist still cannot explain how new genetic material/information appears or how the same function will 'evoluve' multiple times in different creatures ie flight in birds, bats, and the different forms of flight in inscects.

Sherlock holmes said 'when every reasonable explanation has been disproved. What ever remains is the reasonable option.'

Evolution and long ages are all unreasonable.

9 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

That's true up to a point.  But if people are trying to mesh science with the Bible, unnecessary conflict will occur.  We still have conspiracy truthers on this website that still believe in a flat earth.  Science can enhance our understanding of the Bible, for example DNA.  This is not to indicate any support for evolution.

It has been documented that science proves the Bible.

On the other hand, it's also been demonstrated that the Bible disproves modern concepts of scientific method and measure.  For instance, Freudian psychology which is more of an art than science suggests humans are basically good.  The Bible says we are not basically good.  Except for the redeeming work of God we have fewer redeeming qualities than the common cockroach.   Animals kill to eat.  We kill for a percentage, for personal advantage, for sport or whatever national flag we choose to wave.  

BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT THE ARGUMENT IS ABOUT.

Detractors of the Bible claim God's Word makes assertions it most definitely does not attempt in any way shape or form.

Read the Bible and what the Bible says.  

It's the story of the fall and redemption of man.  That's it and that's all.   The Bible is consistent with its own theme, which does not address the constantly changing theories and applications of modern science and failures of technology.

YOU ARE CORRECT in saying that when people attempt to merge science with Biblical truth they fail.   Why?  Because the attempt generally seeks to justify technology at the expense of God's Word - or - to dismiss scientific fact through the use of buzz words and religious slogans.

The trap is in the attempt to create conflict where none in truth exists.

"Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge which is power; religion gives man wisdom which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals. They are complementary.

Science keeps religion from sinking into the valley of crippling irrationalism and paralyzing obscurantism.

Religion prevents science from falling into the marsh of obsolete materialism and moral nihilism." - Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Edited by choir loft

On 3/29/2019 at 8:21 AM, Who me said:

Why does the above mean the earth has to be more than 10K?

You are aware of the problems explaining an old universe are you?

That there has not been enough time for theheat from the big bang to have equalised out as we find.

That the supposed age of the earth puts the average temperature when life first appeared to be far to cold for life to live.

That there was oxygen in the earlist atmosphere so any amino acids formed would oxidise, if they weren't destroyed by ultra violet radiation, os disolved by water.

Evolutionist still cannot explain how new genetic material/information appears or how the same function will 'evoluve' multiple times in different creatures ie flight in birds, bats, and the different forms of flight in inscects.

Sherlock holmes said 'when every reasonable explanation has been disproved. What ever remains is the reasonable option.'

Evolution and long ages are all unreasonable.

I don’t want to get into an old earth vs young earth debate with you or anyone. Quite frankly, I couldn’t care less what anyone believes. If interested, anyone can google it and get info from both sides. I can go to Answers in Genesis and get all the info I want to support a young earth and I can go to a million other sources to show the opposite. Hugh Ross is a highly respected Christian astrophysicst who believes earth is old and has written books on this as well as his website.

i have read some from each side and then I just apply my God given common sense to take over. We all have that I believe. So believe what you want brother about this. As long as you believe and follow only the Lord Jesus for salvation it’s all good with me.