SavedOnebyGrace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Getting back to dinosaur talk, I’ve noticed some fellow Christians holding a position  that dinosaurs could not have been around 200-65 MYA because they believe death did not PRECEDE the fall of man.  If I say dinosaurs died off about 65MYA they say it can’t be, you have death preceding the fall of man.

My rebuttal has always been, well I do know man’s sin did result in the death for all MANKIND, but I’m not aware that animals could not have died previously before the fall. I don’t believe God ever guaranteed immortality to animals as he did to man (condional). Heck, even stars die. 

Is my explanation good enough or do you have a better one? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

39 minutes ago, Spock said:

Getting back to dinosaur talk, I’ve noticed some fellow Christians holding a position  that dinosaurs could not have been around 200-65 MYA because they believe death did not PRECEDE the fall of man.  If I say dinosaurs died off about 65MYA they say it can’t be, you have death preceding the fall of man.

My rebuttal has always been, well I do know man’s sin did result in the death for all MANKIND, but I’m not aware that animals could not have died previously before the fall. I don’t believe God ever guaranteed immortality to animals as he did to man (condional). Heck, even stars die. 

This is not a salvational issue so I wont go on about it, but in my view, since the bible says death came with adam then nothing died prior to the fall of man.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

11 hours ago, Spock said:

You are assuming dinosaurs are a pre-adamic life form.

But many life forms were there unchanged before the dinosaurs, during the dinosaurs, and after the dinosaurs showing that earth has  never been empty since the Cambrian Explosion. Genesis 1 describes an empty world. The only way to reconcile this with the Bible is to compress the huge time frames into 6000 years.

Edited by ARGOSY

8 hours ago, ARGOSY said:

You are assuming dinosaurs are a pre-adamic life form.

But many life forms were there unchanged before the dinosaurs, during the dinosaurs, and after the dinosaurs showing that earth has  never been empty since the Cambrian Explosion. Genesis 1 describes an empty world. The only way to reconcile this with the Bible is to compress the huge time frames into 6000 years.

Yes, I am assuming the dinosaurs were on this planet more than 10,000 years ago.  I think Adam came onto the scene around 6000 years ago, no more than 10,000. 

I do think the Dinos were here millions of years ago.

what do you think? 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Yes, I am assuming the dinosaurs were on this planet more than 10,000 years ago.  I think Adam came onto the scene around 6000 years ago, no more than 10,000. 

I do think the Dinos were here millions of years ago.

what do you think? 

Well for your scenario to be true there would have been a moment after the dinosaurs when the world was empty before Genesis 1 occurred because Genesis 1 requires an empty world. Instead the fossil record shows that many identical lifeforms lived through all the ages, the world has never been empty, ever since biologic life forms appeared.

So for Genesis 1 to be true, all life was created within 7000 years. 

Edited by ARGOSY

1 hour ago, ARGOSY said:

Well for your scenario to be true there would have been a moment after the dinosaurs when the world was empty before Genesis 1 occurred because Genesis 1 requires an empty world. Instead the fossil record shows that many identical lifeforms lived through all the ages, the world has never been empty, ever since biologic life forms appeared.

So for Genesis 1 to be true, all life was created within 7000 years. 

Okay, thanks

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Job 40:15-24, v. 15, Behold now behemoth, WHICH I MADE WITH THEE; he eateth grass as an ox.

16, Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.

17, He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.

18, His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.

19, He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.

20, Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.

21, He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.

22, The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.

23, Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.

24, He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

The fact that behemoth was chief of the ways of God (V. 19), suggests that he was something more than an elephant or a hippopotamus.

What ever the animal was, it was made when Adam was, according to this statement to Job where God said, "WHICH I MADE WITH THEE," meaning He made behemoth when he created man (V. 15).

2 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Job 40:15-24, v. 15, Behold now behemoth, WHICH I MADE WITH THEE; he eateth grass as an ox.

16, Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.

17, He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.

18, His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.

19, He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.

20, Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.

21, He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.

22, The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.

23, Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.

24, He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares.

The fact that behemoth was chief of the ways of God (V. 19), suggests that he was something more than an elephant or a hippopotamus.

What ever the animal was, it was made when Adam was, according to this statement to Job where God said, "WHICH I MADE WITH THEE," meaning He made behemoth when he created man (V. 15).

Moves his tail like a cedar....

https://images.app.goo.gl/L9qAdt131qLGxkHR9

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

25 minutes ago, Spock said:

Moves his tail like a cedar....

https://images.app.goo.gl/L9qAdt131qLGxkHR9

Elephants tail ?  No comparison.

1. Western Red cedar. And 

2. Ceders Naaldbomen herkennen op deze bomen site ...

Z 801. .jpg

Z 802..jpg

Edited by HAZARD
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

Shalom all,

You are probably all reliably informed of all the evidence concerning a young earth and our coexistence with dinosaurs.  However, here is a handy summary page to provide anyone who wants the most pertinent information collated.

faithandtheword.com/dinosaurs/

Love & Shalom

• Thanks 1