• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

What Caused A No Show Of Christ

Greetings

Many evangelist are suggesting that the signs of the times is evidence that Christ and The Kingdom of God will come soon and hopefully while there still alive. I call that The  Newspaper Gospel for theologians who read the Newspaper first, and find a scripture to fit the event. And by same has caused a no show of Christ to those who look for ammunition to discredit the Word of God. So I presented the concept in an E-mail  exchanged years ago to a friend. This is what I got.

Larry

I think that the bottom line is that people refuse to believe, because they have to see it to believe it. I'm reminded of what Jesus said in Luke 17:20-21.

Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst. *or among you

Jesus said to them that people wouldn't be able to point to it and say that it's over here or over there. In other words, it's not an observable kingdom. And yet, what are Christians "looking for" today? They, like the Pharisees, want to be able to point to it and say that it's here! If it were an observable kingdom, then Larry everyone would believe. Mark

I believe Preterism for many has solved the problem by provide evidence in scripture that said many prophecies were fulfilled in the first century.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hello Larry,

Welcome to Worthy :)

What exactly is your question?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Thomas was a doubter;

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On 12/24/2018 at 5:32 AM, Larry H said:

Greetings

Many evangelist are suggesting that the signs of the times is evidence that Christ and The Kingdom of God will come soon and hopefully while there still alive. I call that The  Newspaper Gospel for theologians who read the Newspaper first, and find a scripture to fit the event. And by same has caused a no show of Christ to those who look for ammunition to discredit the Word of God. So I presented the concept in an E-mail  exchanged years ago to a friend. This is what I got.

Larry

I think that the bottom line is that people refuse to believe, because they have to see it to believe it. I'm reminded of what Jesus said in Luke 17:20-21.

Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst. *or among you

Jesus said to them that people wouldn't be able to point to it and say that it's over here or over there. In other words, it's not an observable kingdom. And yet, what are Christians "looking for" today? They, like the Pharisees, want to be able to point to it and say that it's here! If it were an observable kingdom, then Larry everyone would believe. Mark

I believe Preterism for many has solved the problem by provide evidence in scripture that said many prophecies were fulfilled in the first century.

Is this a question from a Seeker..

Or preaching from a preacher ?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

From one preacher to another, what scriptures indicated a future Kingdom, and the Parousia mentioned in Matthew 24.

And will Christ come in the flesh to rule over the Kingdom.

Edited by Larry H
I wanted to be notified of all my posts

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  770
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.07

Its wasting time trying to seek the kingdom of God in this world, but we may have a chance if we look into our hearts whether we can find forgiveness and sharing and caring in it, thats the kingdom of God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 12/23/2018 at 2:25 PM, angels4u said:

Hello Larry,

Welcome to Worthy :)

What exactly is your question?

I'm wondering this too.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 12/23/2018 at 1:32 PM, Larry H said:

Greetings

Larry

People have been saying since the days of the early church that (such and such event) means that Jesus will come soon. For example, Paul addressed those who saying that Nero was the antichrist and that therefore meant that "the day of the Lord" had already come.

In our day, just look at all the times that someone said that some political government leader was the antichrist.. and that therefore means that the apocalypse/7 year Tribulation is just around the corner.. or that it has already started.

Any prophecy teacher worth their ordination papers will speculate only, not give a date when it'll happen, or say that we're already in it. And you don't have to embrace the erroneous preterism belief to do that.

There were prophecies fulfilled concerning the birth, life and death of Jesus however there are many more prophecies to be fulfilled concerning yet future "day of the Lord".

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

13 hours ago, Joulre2abba said:

People have been saying since the days of the early church that (such and such event) means that Jesus will come soon.

There were prophecies fulfilled concerning the birth, life and death of Jesus however there are many more prophecies to be fulfilled concerning yet future "day of the Lord".

Yep I agree. I now look at this as 1000 of our yrs is 1 day to God. Therefore Jesus only left 2 days ago. Barely enough time to take a shower and put on a fresh robe :P

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

The reason so many have no sense of urgency and cannot see the signs of the times .

Is because most and more churches keep calling certain sigsn of the times , LOVE .  

We all know evil has been in the world .

But a generation or so ago ,   most sin was hidden in the dark .  TODAY ITS HONORED just as Sodom did , RIGHT IN THE STREETS .

lil boys claimng to be girls , AND ITS PRAISED .

GAY marriage,   AND ITS PRAISED .

Even abortion as evil as it always was ,  was once a shush hush lets do it in the dark and not talk of it , YET TODAY PRAISED .

They no longer hide their sin ,  ITS HONORED FOR ALL TO SEE.   And the few who warn against evils , now make themselves a prey and worse

worse churches prey on these warners too .

those who warn against sin at the gates of wicked churches or wicked places ,   Are now a prey .

Those who oppose evil ,  are now taken to court , or boycotted .

WE in days LIKE LOTTS and NOAH .   and violence sweeps the world .   And just like peter once said ,  IN the last days Mockers

will come saying WHERE is the promise of HIS COMING

and worse churches will say , ALAS , alas we have the answer its preterism .    What damnable heresay that is .

Folks this stuff and kind of talk needs to cease .    And we need to return to BIBLE only reading and JESUS ONLY FOLLOWING .

• Thumbs Up 1