• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, Not me said:

Blessings, if you would allow me to be so bold;

Scripture does tell us how we are to hear and be led by God. 

Scripture says;

Colossians 3:15 (NASB)
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.

“let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts”

That word “rule” can also be translated “arbitrate”. 

So it can be translated; 

let the “peace of Christ arbitrate in you hearts”.

Meaning,  that if something upsets the peace of Christ in your heart,  do something different. Doesn’t matter what it is, if it upsets the peace of Christ in your heart and you still do it, you are not walking in all the light that has been given you. For He has given His peace as an arbitrator. 

This is for all His children. 

Much love in Christ, Not me   

Yes, you can be as bold as you like.  Your reply though  does not answer the question I asked , which is a serious matter.   Yes, man is composed of soul, body and spirit and man's spirit is our communication means with God as I have understood scripture.  Romans 8:16.   

We know from the word, man did hear God audibly and spoke to him likewise, and in some instance in the New Testament, like Paul did.   

So, while I do hear your direction as to listening to God, my question still remains as "does believers truly hear the distinct audible voice of God speaking to them ".  

Thanks for your input. 

• Group:  Diamond Member

14 minutes ago, SkilletFan said:

I am fit to answer this thread with my own experience. But it's going to open a HUGE can of worms. Really huge. Because I have a lot to say. Just warning you now. :)

Hey brother.  It is the truth that is  to be revealed here and as long as it is not offensive to the rules of the forum, you can be as candid as you like.   Let's keep it real and speak on the topic rather than persons and all would be well.  Speak as you like ,I am listening.

edit.  Or if you prefer to message me, I am ok with that too.

Edited by warrior12

8 minutes ago, SkilletFan said:

Okay so I have said that I thought God said things to me before. Nothing big though, really. Really the feeling was something in between the heart and for lack of better words, a sort of sixth sense. I really don't think it was God though. And I think a good amount of the time it's not with these type of things. The good news is that there may be a few instances during prayer where God spoke to my heart but only said a few words. The other good news is that I am learning to be better at discerning. And I'm sure this forum is going to help me.

Well I guess most believers have those type of discernment if you want  to call it that as to hearing from God.  There are also words such as intuition, sensing and spiritual discernment, which is really a persons private time from fellowship with the Lord.  

We can't dismiss the fact that there are people who insist they were actually given instructions from God to tell other people or warn about events.  This is what I really want to know if there are people out there and in this forum has experienced and to give a little description of it, that's all.  thanks.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

29 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Yes, you can be as bold as you like.  Your reply though  does not answer the question I asked , which is a serious matter.   Yes, man is composed of soul, body and spirit and man's spirit is our communication means with God as I have understood scripture.  Romans 8:16.   

We know from the word, man did hear God audibly and spoke to him likewise, and in some instance in the New Testament, like Paul did.   

So, while I do hear your direction as to listening to God, my question still remains as "does believers truly hear the distinct audible voice of God speaking to them ".  

Thanks for your input. 

My apologies, I thought this was the question;

“My question is, in what form  you have heard from God.  Audible [plain words spoken], appearance or whatever form.    Please explain in detail if you can.”

10 minutes ago, Not me said:

My apologies, I thought this was the question;

“My question is, in what form  you have heard from God.  Audible [plain words spoken], appearance or whatever form.    Please explain in detail if you can.”

No, my apologies, as you rightly quoted my question with the "whatever form included".   You answered the question in your words. Thank you. 

Not to make excuses, but what I am getting at [as throughout the thread], is how some have come to quote that they have been given revelation and God actually telling them about things to come [prophecy], and to pass on messages he gave them.   In looking at the question from this aspect, is where I was prodding for answers.  Example, how does God tell one about the mark of the beast as many have said "God told them" it is the Rfid implant ect. [an example]. How is this message conveyed to them. This is not in the word verbatim.  I think I have said enough for those who have said God spoke to them can reply with honesty.  

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

33 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

No, my apologies, as you rightly quoted my question with the "whatever form included".   You answered the question in your words. Thank you. 

Not to make excuses, but what I am getting at [as throughout the thread], is how some have come to quote that they have been given revelation and God actually telling them about things to come [prophecy], and to pass on messages he gave them.   In looking at the question from this aspect, is where I was prodding for answers.  Example, how does God tell one about the mark of the beast as many have said "God told them" it is the Rfid implant ect. [an example]. How is this message conveyed to them. This is not in the word verbatim.  I think I have said enough for those who have said God spoke to them can reply with honesty.  

Thanks for the honesty. As SkilletFan said, may you find the answers your looking for. 

Blessings, 

Edited by Not me

37 minutes ago, SkilletFan said:

I feel like the question is making a lot more sense now. Hopefully you will find the answers you are looking for.

I think the question made sense from the very beginning, though I included the term"whatever form".  I think many may avoid to answer it as fear for being labeled.  This is not my intention, but to genuinely seek how saints claim to hear from God and given revelations.   

To make it clear, I have never heard from God in any audible way or such.  I have had experience within the spiritual realm that counterfeits the workings of God, and does it  potently, that much I can say.   It is not for me to say if any man has really heard God speak to them audibly and given  them messages through speaking, appearing , dreams ect as a poster earlier posted scripture on.   I think, I am asking for truth to things spoken about what God has said to those who have said so.   The answers are just not for me, but for the many who also wants to know them but are afraid to ask the question.    Anyway I put it to rest now and who wants to contribute do so.      

Edited by warrior12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

4 hours ago, warrior12 said:

So in doing my usual browsing and snippets of ytube and others and even here on Worthy, I often hear the phrase "God told me ". 

My question is, in what form  you have heard from God.  Audible [plain words spoken], appearance or whatever form.    Please explain in detail if you can. 

I hear from the Lord on a daily basis . . . from spending time with Him in the Bible.  :)  With that said, God never contradicts Himself, so any "revelation" better match the revealed word of God - otherwise it gets tossed.

Just an opinion, but I've never heard an audible voice when the Lord wanted me to do something. Nothing appeared. No TBN preacher stuff. Just a dead certainty that I was expected to do something now, no questions asked, but there was never any fear. None of those incidents caused me to go against what's in scripture.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Once I heard Jesus audibly quite loud ( 7 words) and have treasured the words ever since as it was more for personal consumption. Since then it is from God's Word attended by a wee wee small voice (if I am heeding it that is).

If you say it......I believe it......others?........eh, not so much.......lol

I Do know for a FACT  that God is still in the Vision Business.......an incredible experience I never talk about.....except to my wife.If people don’t believe me, I understand......I also don’t care.....It was from God and I know it.....we’ll all discuss it on the other side someday

41 minutes ago, walla299 said:

I hear from the Lord on a daily basis . . . from spending time with Him in the Bible.  :)  With that said, God never contradicts Himself, so any "revelation" better match the revealed word of God - otherwise it gets tossed.

From another thread , this is a reply I got.   I did not question it at the time and the thought stayed with me and then thought I would ask the question.  As I said before it is not to question one's authenticity, but if indeed God "acutally " spoke in a manner that can be heard as someone speaking to you person to person.

This is from another thread.   I did not want to go this route ,but let readers express themselves. But below is just an example and again, not taking away anything form that poster, but seeking to get see in what manner it was told. Good day folks. 

"Amen, because God Himself told me also to write a book,"