• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

31 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Yes, I believe you, I've had a couple of those as well.

Wow! Ain’t we sumthun’......lol

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

41 minutes ago, Cletus said:

I have also had God speak to me audibly when He was pleased with me and when He was correcting me.

I quite understand how God speaks to us as you have described it in your reply.  The one sentence though that I ask you to clarify is  the one I pasted in this reply here above.  Was it a voice that you clearly heard, like if your dad was speaking to you for example.  I mean real person to person.  The contents does not matter at this point, but just to verify that you distinctively heard a voice that you confirm is from God and no one else.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Its a very interesting topic that you put here, that "God told ME" sounds tickling and funny.

I have seen hundreds of "God told ME" prophecies for many years, not one come true

such as in this forum :

http://pub3.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=202302667&frmid=9403

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

22 hours ago, Cletus said:

I have had God speak to me thru the bible as I read, and also like that but not when i am reading.  He has spoken to me in a way that I have heard others call "that still quiet voice" and i think MaryJayne explained it better than I could so read her post if you haven't.   I have also had God speak to me audibly when He was pleased with me and when He was correcting me.  I have heard God speak to me thru others, even non-christians.  I have had God speak to me thru songs as if he was singing the lyrics to me to either lean on Him, or telling me He loved me.  I have had God speak to me thru dreams, there is all sorts of ways God can speak to us.  But God is the God who does speak, and His sheep know His voice... even the first time you hear it.  God dont speak audibly all the time but if we are keeping our minds stayed on Jesus and walking in the Spirit or resting in Him, He will speak to us more than we realize.  Sometimes He is quiet for a long time, But when He has something to say He will. 

Oh yeah pastors and mentors, he will speak to you thru people like that too.  we need to be sensitive to The Spirit and be paying attention. 

This is interesting.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

4 hours ago, eileenhat said:

What form?  It is an interesting question.  It probably needs some context though.  For instance, I doubt anyone you are referencing has stated that had a physical appearance of God telling them something, right?

So that means your question is specific to a spiritual experience of God, right?

Just checking.

Thank you eileenhat for your reply and explanation.  As I wrote in the OP post, many on utube have said that God told them about things that are going to happen and just wanted  to get a feedback as in what manner, specifically if it was verbally.  As others have mentioned and said that God speaks to us in many ways, like through the word, through people, sermons ect, I can have some relations with those.

Revelations like those you have mentioned in  the form of vision I personally have not experienced to that level.   I don't know about Mark Taylor and I have heard you speak of him before on Worthy. I looked at a few of his videos .   

I do believe God can use men today for his purposes and in supernatural ways and we may never know those situations.  Yes, I agree God is not static, but a living God who is in control through all this chaotic world affairs.   I can tell you as a testimony, I have and is going through many demanding trials that are from the evil one and I pray and petition God to favor me as they seem endless.

God bless and have a wonderful and blessed Christmas day. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

This is a very interesting topic of conversation. I have also seen those who say that 'God spoke to them...' and I am usually very cautious when listening to their message. I believe that God spoke to the prophets with a voice and called them to do His work. His voice was audible. Christ appeared to Paul in a vision and spoke to Him. God also spoke to Joseph in a dream, telling him about baby Jesus. So according to the Bible, God does talk to us in different ways.

I do not judge these ones who say that God spoke to them, because I do not know, however we can tell if what they are speaking is truth based on the Gospel. Personally, I know that Christ communicates with us in many ways.

I have been attacked by demonic forces that I did not understand and it made me very angry that I was attacked in that way and had no means by wish to defend myself. I did call on Jesus to save me and He did. I have been attacked several times in the spiritual battle we wage against the Gates of Hell, and have had victory with Christ on all attacks. I also had many lessons to learn before I got my prayers answered.

I discovered what the 'Sword of the Spirit' really means and how it actually works, because I had to use mine to destroy my enemy. I also learned what it means when the word says 'when I am weak, I am strong'. I had to learn several things, and it was done through spiritual experience, while I was sleeping. I have also had prayers answered in my daily life... all the time.

Having said that, I was so angry that I wanted to see the things that are hidden; I wanted to know what was going on and why me? I decided I was going to pray everyday asking Christ to show me the hidden things until He did... I was not going to stop. I was thinking of the constant knocking on the door, and He did open and showed me many things. I prayed for twenty-one days, and then He showed me things... incredible things.

There are a lot of wonderful things happening in the Body of Christ today, and I also believe that there are those who are dreaming dreams and some are indeed prophesying.

I will say, you should listen to the message to see if it is from God, and if you are a Christian with a discerning mind, you will see what is truly in their hearts and if their message is really from God or not. The Lord works in mysterious ways... who can know the workings of God.

I will also say this: when I received my answers from Christ Jesus, He also showed me many things, things that you would cause you to wonder. Wonderful, astonishing things. The words of Scripture comes to life in your dream-visions, and you are the one in the middle.

P.S. I have never heard an audible voice, but I do know He communicates with His Flock.

I will stop now. Peace and Love. M.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

On 12/23/2018 at 1:53 PM, warrior12 said:

My question is, in what form  you have heard from God.  Audible [plain words spoken], appearance or whatever form.    Please explain in detail if you can. 

I'm not very surprised you haven't got many direct answers. I am very hesitant to post anything myself. I will try to explain why I'm so hesitant.

The bible says man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. That means the living God is speaking right now and we should be able to hear and discern it. Jesus said " my sheep hear my voice and anothers voice they will not follow".   Again we should hear and know God's voice and the difference between his voice and any other. To often people have what I like to call the Apostle Thomas mentality or the spirit of Thomas. Jesus appeared to all expect Thomas. Then when Thomas returned the other Apostles told him what had happened and he refused to believe them...Why? Because it had not happened to him. So they couldn't possibly be telling the truth. they had to be mistaken. Which is just a very nice way to call the other 10 Apostles  Liars. Why? Because it had not happened to him. He continued not to believe  the truth he had been told until it happened to him. Then it was real. But not unless it happened to him. That is the exact mentality most christians have on every subject possible. Speaking in tongues...can't be real, not possible., why? because it hasn't happened to them of course.  Miracles and healings....Can't be real, why? because it hasn't happened to them of course. On and on I could go listing about every and any Biblical subject you could bring up. Because most people for all there talk  of Loving God and other people are going to absolutely rip apart and destroy anyone who says anything has happened to them from God that They haven't experienced. They will destroy you with glee because it hasn't happened to them so you must be mistaken, a liar and everything false must fill you.

However... To your question I guess...

When I was young One night as I slept Jesus came to me and we went outside and sat under a tree. He only spoke a few things. Very little was said. He told me he loved me and that he would always be with me and just one other thing. Shortly after that experience I went through one of the most difficult of my life. Only after it was over and I was older did I learn that he spoke nothing but things in the bible to me that night. I tell you the truth. I had no idea until years later he only quoted the bible to me.

I have dreams and visions all the time. In the book of Job ( around chapter 33 ) is one of my favorite verses. It goes like this, " The Lord speaks once, Yea twice yet man perceives him not. In a dream in a vision in the night when deep sleep falls upon man". Biblical dreams and visions are God talking to us. Jesus said the Holy Spirit would show us things to come. He didn't say might or maybe. He didn't say just a select few. He said when the Holy Spirit came upon all of them he would show them things to come. But God works by faith and most who claim to be his children just don't believe it's for them. 

There often isn't a day that goes by that I'm not getting a revelation about a dream or vision or bible verse. It always draws me to more prayer, more of the word of God and deeper understanding of my dependence on Jesus for everything. But there is always the other side of this.

People have seemed to take glee causing as much pain and torment in my life as possible. I had a dream once When I was about 18 that they church I grew up in would be pulled off the road to heaven. I told the pastor who mocked me for believing in dreams. I told the other elders of the church who chastise me for being an alarmist because such things could not happen. Then they together one Sunday morning called me out in open church and laughed at me ( literally) and mocked me for what I saw and told everyone not to be a trouble making dreamer like me. I of course left that church. One year later the church split over doctrinal disputes and the few who mocked me were the only ones to stay together. 

I could go into much more detail but I just don't see any reason to. Jesus is alive. Do you really understand that? Jesus is alive! He is real and Alive and desires nothing more than to have a very real living relationship with each of us. One night I saw Jesus sitting in a chair in a room full of people. Everyone was discussing why so and so was allowed to happen or why hasn't Jesus done anything about this or that. As they debated it with one another I suddenly could hear Jesus thoughts. His thought that I was allowed to hear was. " Why are they discussing and debating with each other only and not coming and talking to me about it"? He was right there in the room. But nobody was talking to him about it, only each other.

I hope you find your answer.

May the love and peace of GOD fill you  

Firestormx

Edited by firestormx
Clarity
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On 12/24/2018 at 5:53 AM, warrior12 said:

So in doing my usual browsing and snippets of ytube and others and even here on Worthy, I often hear the phrase "God told me ". 

My question is, in what form  you have heard from God.  Audible [plain words spoken], appearance or whatever form.    Please explain in detail if you can. 

I have never experienced a [plain words spoken] experience.. But i will share an experience that i had when i was a very new Christian..

One day i was watching TV and an add came on.. The add was about a fast food meal deal from i think KFC (not absolutely sure about that)  Anyway in the add it was talking about a family meal deal that included 6 soft drinks and 6 (if memory serves me well) pieces of chicken.. Anyway during the add the announcer would say 666 as 3 cans of soft drink where opened the 6 being said at the same time as the sss kind of sound you get when a can is opened as the pressure is released.. So the announcer said 666 twice as all the cans where opened in two sets of 3 cans..

Now i had watched this advert many times before but this time things where Very different the moment the announcer said the first set of 666 i knew that something evil was near when the announcer said the second 666 i knew that evil was at my door.. The moment the announcer had finished saying the second 666 there was a knock at the door.. And i must admit a flash of fear went through me.. heightened trepidation as i walked to the door to answer it..

I opened the door and standing before me was two woman and a child.. They where Jehovah witnesses out to win me to the JW religion..  Well you can be assured i never accepted their sales pitches but i did let them know that i was a Christian. I think that sparked some hope in them because they did visit my house a few more times over the next few months..

I believe the experience was a direct intervention of the Holy Spirit to defend me (at the time a babe in Christ) from getting involved in a false religious cult that would lead me into deception..

Of course i cannot prove to another that the experience i had that day was from God.. But the experience left me in absolutely no doubt as to Who caused this to happen and why He did so..

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

As for the concept of people saying ""God told me"" with their message, I never allow such a statement to influence me into accepting that message is from God.. The rule i use is to disregard such a claim and focus in on the message that is being given and compare that message which what God has revealed in the Holy Bible..

What i have experienced is that a person can constantly use the ""God told me" technique to boost their authority and then offer some Biblical sound messages.. But sooner or later they will give a message that runs counter to the Holy Scriptures and that's when i know their ""God told me"" statements are a load of.....  Hog wash..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

13 hours ago, Adstar said:

As for the concept of people saying ""God told me"" with their message, I never allow such a statement to influence me into accepting that message is from God.. The rule i use is to disregard such a claim and focus in on the message that is being given and compare that message which what God has revealed in the Holy Bible..

What i have experienced is that a person can constantly use the ""God told me" technique to boost their authority and then offer some Biblical sound messages.. But sooner or later they will give a message that runs counter to the Holy Scriptures and that's when i know their ""God told me"" statements are a load of.....  Hog wash..

Adstar I never had God speak to me audibly but he has spoken to me in ways that can never be labeled hog wash. The Lord has let me know he was right next to me when I prayed. This is how I start my day in my prayer closet. Many times I need to feel His presence and  talk to me about things that are troubling me  or other things. After I pray I sit down to read My Daily Bread. It can be jaw dropping at times when the message for the day was about what I prayed 5 minutes before just as if He were there with His hand on my shoulder. Its never been hog wash because it was scripture backed 

So I identify with most of these testimonies.

Be Blessed

Edited by Mike Mclees