warrior12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

Sometimes I feel like I have the koodies. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 12/23/2018 at 1:53 PM, warrior12 said:

So in doing my usual browsing and snippets of ytube and others and even here on Worthy, I often hear the phrase "God told me ". 

My question is, in what form  you have heard from God.  Audible [plain words spoken], appearance or whatever form.    Please explain in detail if you can. 

I see your question more as a personal experience with our Lord. 

I have personal experiences; 

There was a time that I was looking for a job, and was quite frustrated. 

Then in my frustrations I came across an add that was fit for me.

while I was thinking to apply , in my frustration I said ; never mind and I felt tired of apllying. 

And then something happened without me asking or thinking about.

From withing me I heard just like someone talking to me.

It was something like everything went very quite within me and like a crystal clear voice said to me; "go", in a prompting gentling pushing me way.

"go and apply", 

Sudently I energized and went to apply. 

While waiting for the interview , there were other people there, I usually talk to others, but this time I kept to my self. 

Suddenly without thinking about anything just the interview, as I looked at someone I heard a prompting within saying; "talk to him", but I stay put, then again in a friendly warm tone "go and taulk to him", which I did.

As we were talking, cultural and educational conversation, sudendly I heard within me, "I gave him the job". 

That's all, I did not say anything to no one, that was something personal that encourage me to continue to look for a job. 

But I said something to him, I said;

"you are younger, I think that they are looking for younger people, you have a good chance", 

I was interview first, and I was waiting for him, who got out with a smiling face, he said , I have to come back in two hours to meet with the supervisor. 

Strange as it was for me, in all this I got what i needed.

I got the "revelation" to begin to look for employers who offer jobs to my group age.

Is that wonderfull, and as I was thinking about that I realized that Jesus gets involved and care for our situations and needs even when we do not know that he is helping us.  

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/23/2018 at 8:53 AM, warrior12 said:

My question is, in what form  you have heard from God.  Audible [plain words spoken], appearance or whatever form.    Please explain in detail if you can. 

Okay, ...it was an impression on my heart, ...different from when He speaks to me through His Word or through one of His pastors teaching His Word.

It was a Sunday afternoon on a warm Spring day of '90, the snow had melted and smell of the forest coming back to life filled the truck, I was driving through the Sierra Nevada mountains after church , an impression came into my heart, I can't say it wasn't a still small voice, but I can say, ...I knew that I knew that I knew God had spoken to me, He said, "I want you to return to Moorea!" 

Moorea is the sister island of Tahiti that I had visited in December of '85, at the time I had been chosen by the Peace Corps to go to Casablanca, Morocco as the construction superintendent of a methane gas electrical plant, they told me to go somewhere alone and really consider what I was about to commit to for one year. I had always wanted to visit Tahiti so I decided to go there, however I had a budget of $2500, because I had an appointment in El Cajon, CA to buy the kit for the California Ferrari Spyder used in the film Ferris Bueheler's Day Off when I came back from Tahiti. How the Lord directed me to a travel agency that had a promotion to go to Moorea that fit my budget is another story, ...so I went to Moorea for 10 days, my time there so changed my life plans, sitting in the airplane on the runway to take off to return to LAX I was weeping, I felt in my heart, I was leaving home rather than going home, ...I didn't by the Ferrari, I didn't return to the Peace Corp, ...no, instead I read every book I could find about Tahiti, I bought Hawaiian flower print fabrics and sewed my own Pareos.

The rest of the story..., I came home from my drive many hours later and started praying about what He had told me, my circumstances had drastically changed, I was no longer a wealthy contractor, I had closed my business, given away my wealth to the church and the poor and was working as a welder in a machine shop for a hourly wage, how could I ever afford to move to Moorea?  Father responded with three conditions, 1. I was to go on a one way ticket, 2. I wasn't to take any papers, (carte de séjour, visa) with me that would allow me to stay longer than the three month visa of the plane ticket, 3. I was not to accept any money from anyone, even my church, ...totally impossible..., on my end, ...but, totally possible with God. 

In March of '91 while reading my Bible Micah 2:10 Arise ye, and depart; for this is not your rest: literally jumped off of the page in my face, how Father intervened supernaturally naturally is another story and isn't necessary to answer your question, ...I'm here, ...been here for almost 38 years, I never bought a return trip ticket, I have French citizenship and my cup truly runneth over, and..., in October of '94 on a Saturday afternoon He told me to go to church the next day on the island of Tahiti, even told me what church to go to, ...there He introduced me to my Eve, ...she had been praying for 12 years for an American husband who loved working in ministry with children and played an instrument, ...that's me!  

Oh..., we live on Tahiti on the mountain, I built our house with a flat roof over the kitchen and dinning room, when I'm up there I can see the runway where I sat in that plane weeping so many years ago, I'm finally home, ...on this planet, ...waiting to be taken to my final home, ...to that City whose Builder and Maker is God.

I hope that answers your question, ...I guess the way to tell if God has really spoken to someone is, first it will be impossible for them to accomplish, second Father will accomplish it and third He will bless them more than they can imagine, and most important, ...He will give them an unshakable faith to believe He actually spoke to them.

Lord bless 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 12/23/2018 at 1:53 PM, warrior12 said:

So in doing my usual browsing and snippets of ytube and others and even here on Worthy, I often hear the phrase "God told me ". 

The apostle Paul stated in Acts 27:25 "I believe God that it will be just the way it was told to me."

There are some good Bible based teachings on utube but there are many other videos that claim 'God told them ........'. but in fact the person is just seeking to 'sell it' to the general public.

It's rare for God to speak audibly .. when he did in a gospel incident, the people thought that it had thundered. The matter of hearing involves having ears to hear. That is not so easy as some would have someone believe.. as many devout Christians know full well. 

There are those Christians who don't believe that God speaks at all because we have His written word. There are those Christians who believe God speaks, but most among them have not heard.

And yet there are many on utube who say that God told them something... ? I usually think about that.. according to what the apostle Paul taught, God only speaks by means of one of the gifts of the spirit for the edification of the church assembly. That person has to be walking in the Love of God, one who prays as much as the apostle Paul said he did.

So.. how godly is that person who claimed that 'God told' them something?

Listen only to those that you are confident to have an ear toward God.

Jesus our Good Shepherd said "My sheep know my voice and a strangers voice they will not follow."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Just wanted to add this: I have not heard God audibly, however, I do communicate with Christ Jesus telepathically, as I believe most Christians do. Sometimes the thoughts that enter our minds could only be from the Holy Spirit, and when we pray we can also engage in telepathic communication with Him; at least that is how it is in my experience.

He also fixes the problems in my life when I ask for help, He is very good at delivering me from situations; so I know He hears me, and I hear Him through His word and through fellowship. He is my friend and I believe that I am also His. I really, really love Our LORD Christ Jesus. Peace and Love to all, M.

• Thumbs Up 1