• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:12 PM, Cletus said:

some people steal out of necessity.  they have a need and think they need your stuff more than you do.  other people steal because its kind of like an addiction.  they want to see if they can get away with it.  its a thrill.  like adrenaline junkies jumping out of a plane parachuting to earth or bungee jumpers.  some people steal to get back at you, they didnt get their way so they take your stuff.  ha ha in your face, but really behind your back.  there may be other reasons but I cant think of any right off the top of my head.  

I have neighbors who do meth.  all their money goes to meth so they have no money for gasoline... guess what they steal.  these jokers siphon gas out of lawn mowers, vehicles, gas cans... they dont take your gas cans, they want you to think you just forgot how much gas you had and make it easy to get more gas... for them.  they pay attention to when you mow.  oh let me tell you, good times.  and to make it worse the cops do not want to do anything to these guys because they want to bust the dealers and these guys are small fish.  what a great position that puts me in.   even if you have video footage... well the dollar amount is not enough for the charge to stick and they will just be out in a week so there is no reason for us to arrest them. 

you can try cameras.  the image needs to be good though.  has to be able to identify them by face.  cant be blurry or pixely.  you obviously know what they are taking.  set the camera up when they are not home/looking and set out some bait.

Ask Other one , if you can borrow his buffalo .   Tie that in the front yard by the gas cans .    Aint no one gonna mess with over two thousand pounds of horns n fury

• Haha 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Cletus said:

I got a mastiff breed dog.  Livestock guardian. 

Oh , nice puppy .     Well, I don't think they will be messing with your stuff .  

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

For some people it is how they survive.  This is especially true if they are from other countries and were not taught it is wrong to steal.  Sometimes their parents even sent them out each day to find what they can to steal.  We had kids walk into our house thinking no one was home.  When I asked them what they were doing they asked if I had any money!  A family was doing this. It is a good thing I was sitting by the door at the time.  Now I keep doors and cars locked.  We even had a bike stolen that was chained to a post at our house; they unlocked it and left the chain behind!  So never leave stuff where people can easily take it.  Always keep your things out of sight and locked away.  People can even have their packages kept at a local post office where you can pick them up, I am told.  We can't change people but we can make it harder for them to steal.

If you get a chance to do so, tell the neighbor that Jesus even loves people who steal and died so that she can be forgiven.  Tell her the devil steals, lies and destroys, but Jesus came to give a good and satisfying life that is not afraid.  

• This is Worthy 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,

Native born USA Americans here steal from their early  youth, privileged youth at America steal, often for the thrill of it having no need whatsoever. So, I find I object to the idea that especially those not born here steal as they are not taught not too.

Why do people steal? I'd be tempted to say because they have a need, or because it is easier than working for money to buy stuff, except that I think that is not really the case. People steal because individuals are born corrupt. Some steal even from within their mother's womb, stealing even a birth right from a sibling.

Not stealing is a learned behavior one taught either in fear of punishment or by spiritual guidance from peers and parents and leaders that  want order  rather than chaos to rule the day.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Evil may steal money, possessions, reputation, all sorts of things might be and are stolen, the true goal of the enemy Satan is to steal our peace. Do not let Satan steal peace, not for even a moment. Don't place peace in ownership and security of things, and in reputation amongst the unsaved world. Know that all things, all things, do work together for good for those that believe on Jesus as Lord God and savior. Praise God- Maranatha.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Lately I hear alot about the "porch thieves" as they are now called.  Or "porch pirates."  Well, like someone said, set up the cameras.  Heard of this saying, "You can have friends close but keep your enemies closer to your chest."  This saying is to keep eye out much closer to you.  Thanks to cameras and cell phone cams can really catch someone do something criminal. 

There are numerous of reason why they do steal.  Remember, they are sinners.  We all are.  And they steal for a reason they should not do.  Maybe for drug money.. Maybe they are unemployed and has no careers or jobs to support themselves or something.  Or bad habit that they steal no matter what.

I recalled someone in my old apartment oh back in 1990s, I caught him stealing a television!  Yes, that old square tube analog TV.  Then I reported to the superintendent in my apartment complex because I am Deaf and I thought he would call the police for me.  he said it was not the first time that TV thief stole something.  He stole a lot in the past.  The police could not touch him (to arrest him) because he has a mental disability that he is very slow and not know what he is doing so they cannot arrest him and jail him because of that disability.  True.  So, there are some people like that and check out that thief of yours if he/she is disabled.  If so, then maybe you can meet that person and witness that person to Christ and invite that person to church!   Jesus healed many people with illnesses, disabilities, and challenged people.  

Heard of forgiveness?  Try that and you might be surprised that person may change.  Lord willing.  Pray about that person.  God bless!

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 12/24/2018 at 10:10 PM, strebe said:

My neighbor has been stealing from me and won't admit it to me and I don't want to be her friend 

Think of ways you can prove that, they say innocent until proven guilty. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 12/24/2018 at 4:10 PM, strebe said:

My neighbor has been stealing from me and won't admit it to me and I don't want to be her friend 

Shame her.

Expose it, take the opportunity the Lord presents you to make her feel like a fool (you'll know when the time arrives).

Just hang in there till then.

Sin doesn't keep people up at night.

Being publicly caught / humiliated... does.