• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,764
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Revival in South Korea

In 1900, only 1% of the country’s population was Christian, but largely through the efforts of missionaries and churches, Christianity has grown rapidly in South Korea over the past century. 

In 2010, roughly three-in-ten South Koreans were Christian, including members of the world’s largest Pentecostal church, Yoido Full Gospel Church, in Seoul.  -- Pew Research

In 110 years ... went from 1% to 30%!

... continuing ...

• Praise God! 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward

Renewal in Latin America as a major shift is changing from Catholicism ... to Protestantism ...

Historical data suggest that for most of the 20th century, from 1900 through the 1960s, at least 90% of Latin America’s population was Catholic (See History of Religious Change). Today, the Pew Research survey shows, 69% of adults across the region identify as Catholic. In nearly every country surveyed, the Catholic Church has experienced net losses from religious switching, as many Latin Americans have joined evangelical Protestant churches or rejected organized religion altogether. For example, roughly one-in-four Nicaraguans, one-in-five Brazilians and one-in-seven Venezuelans are former Catholics.

Much of the movement away from Catholicism and toward Protestantism in Latin America has occurred in the span of a single lifetime. Indeed, in most of the countries surveyed, at least a third of current Protestants were raised in the Catholic Church, and half or more say they were baptized as Catholics. For example, nearly three-quarters of current Protestants in Colombia were raised Catholic, and 84% say they were baptized as Catholics. -- Source: Pew Research

Major moves of God are taking place as people coming to a personal faith ...

• Steward

Revival in Iran ...

Holy Spirit over Iran: Revival results in 3 million new believers today from just 100,000 in '94

A great revival is going on inside the Islamic Republic of Iran, Christian believers who have planted an "Internet church" in that heavily restricted Middle East country have disclosed.

"Right now you can see the results of the Holy Spirit," Reza, one of the believers, told CBN News in Turkey where he was interviewed. "From 1994, there were about 100,000 believers. Right now, there are 3 million. You can see what the Holy Spirit is doing with the people," Reza said. -- Source: Christian Today

• Praise God! 1

• Steward

... and I could go on ... however, due to time restraints ... I'll stop for now.

The bottom line, I do not SEE a higher percentage of people coming to FAITH ... but rather there are simply MORE PEOPLE that can come to faith in our generation than any other generation before us!

A pew research article illustrates my point ...

The number of Christians around the world has nearly quadrupled in the last 100 years, from about 600 million in 1910 to more than 2 billion in 2010. But the world’s overall population also has risen rapidly, from an estimated 1.8 billion in 1910 to 6.9 billion in 2010. As a result, Christians make up about the same portion of the world’s population today (32%) as they did a century ago (35%). -- Source: Pew Research Center

population_curve.gif

So the population of the world for 1800 years remained steady around 100-200 million for 1800 years!

In our generation we're going to eclipse 7.5 billion people ... so a REMNANT lets say 10 percent of 7.5 billion -- is 75o million -- or THREE TIMES the number of PEOPLE WHO WERE EVEN ALIVE in any generation for 1800 years!

The HARVEST of the WORLD is peaking ... it's coming to fruition in our DAY!  We can reach more people than ever before ... 

If you focus on the TARES ... you'll totally miss what GOD IS DOING ... as the WHEAT is growing in the midst of the TARES!

I hope this thread ... explains my position and what I see happening around the world!

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,066
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, George said:

... and I could go on ... however, due to time restraints ... I'll stop for now.

The bottom line, I do not SEE a higher percentage of people coming to FAITH ... but rather there are simply MORE PEOPLE that can come to faith in our generation than any other generation before us!

The number of Christians around the world has nearly quadrupled in the last 100 years, from about 600 million in 1910 to more than 2 billion in 2010. But the world’s overall population also has risen rapidly, from an estimated 1.8 billion in 1910 to 6.9 billion in 2010. As a result, Christians make up about the same portion of the world’s population today (32%) as they did a century ago (35%). -- Source: Pew Research Center

population_curve.gif

So the population of the world for 1800 years remained steady around 100-200 million for 1800 years!

In our generation we're going to eclipse 7.5 billion people ... so a REMNANT lets say 10 percent of 7.5 billion -- is 75o million -- or THREE TIMES the number of PEOPLE WHO WERE EVEN ALIVE in any generation for 1800 years!

The HARVEST of the WORLD is peaking ... it's coming to fruition in our DAY!  We can reach more people than ever before ... 

If you focus on the TARES ... you'll totally miss what GOD IS DOING ... as the WHEAT is growing in the midst of the TARES!

I hope this thread ... explains my position and what I see happening around the world!

George

Praise the Lord, good stuff brother.........we are in the Latter Rains for sure !! 

Edited by Revelation Man
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, George said:

Renewal in Latin America as a major shift is changing from Catholicism ... to Protestantism ...

Historical data suggest that for most of the 20th century, from 1900 through the 1960s, at least 90% of Latin America’s population was Catholic (See History of Religious Change). Today, the Pew Research survey shows, 69% of adults across the region identify as Catholic. In nearly every country surveyed, the Catholic Church has experienced net losses from religious switching, as many Latin Americans have joined evangelical Protestant churches or rejected organized religion altogether. For example, roughly one-in-four Nicaraguans, one-in-five Brazilians and one-in-seven Venezuelans are former Catholics.

Much of the movement away from Catholicism and toward Protestantism in Latin America has occurred in the span of a single lifetime. Indeed, in most of the countries surveyed, at least a third of current Protestants were raised in the Catholic Church, and half or more say they were baptized as Catholics. For example, nearly three-quarters of current Protestants in Colombia were raised Catholic, and 84% say they were baptized as Catholics. -- Source: Pew Research

Major moves of God are taking place as people coming to a personal faith ...

Yes , but let every church be on guard .  For rome has found a way back into many churches now .  She is slick .  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, George said:

population_curve.gif

George

Well, except for the times of the great plague known as black death .  That knocked it back for years .   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

4 hours ago, George said:

Shalom everyone,

In order to understand what is happening around the world, and what to expect, then I'll be diving into different understandings in Hebrew and tying it with current events.

In Israel, there is one rainy season, and the beginning of the rains is called the Yared -- and the latter rains is called the "Malkosh".

The rains are always connected to the harvest and so I'll dive in the Hebrew ... and afterwards I'll talk about what's happening around the world today.

Most people understand that along with the beginning of the Outpouring of the Holy Spirit was connected to Joel 2:28-31.

Joe 2:28  “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions. 
Joe 2:29  Even on the male and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit. 

However, if you pay attention ... this is simply the BEGINNING of the PROPHECY!

Joe 2:30  “And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke. 
Joe 2:31  The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes. 
Joe 2:32  And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those who escape, as the LORD has said, and among the survivors shall be those whom the LORD calls. 

The PROPHECY concludes with the LAST DAYS and it's once again connected to JERUSALEM!

Notice how the passage actually begins ...  

Joel 2:23  “Be glad, O children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God, for he has given the early rain for your vindication; he has poured down for you abundant rain, the early and the latter rain, as before.

So we see a pattern here ... the EARLY and the LATTER ... as the rains are connected to the BEGINNING of the harvest season to prepare the season ... and a LATTER rain to usher in END of the harvest!

.... continuing

Shalom, George.

Joel 2:32 must be read in its context, for it is not using the word "saved" as we use the word today. That interpretation of the verse is incomplete at best. It's not that Joel 2:32 must be read in the light of Romans 10:13; it's that Romans 10:13 should be read in the light of Joel 2:32! The "preacher" in Romans 10:14-15 is a "herald" who runs before the King, bearing messages for the King. That's why Romans 10:15 quotes Isaiah 52:7:

Isaiah 52:7 (KJV)

7 How beautiful on the mountains
are the feet of those who bring good news,
who proclaim peace,
who bring good tidings,
who proclaim salvation (rescue; deliverance),
who say to Zion,
“Your God reigns!”

This verse reflects back on the runners who brought messages to and for the king:

2 Samuel 18:23-31 (KJV)

23 So Joab said, “Run!” Then Ahimaaz ran by way of the plain and outran the Cushite.
24 While David was sitting between the inner and outer gates, the watchman went up to the roof of the gateway by the wall. As he looked out, he saw a man running alone. 25 The watchman called out to the king and reported it.
The king said, “If he is alone, he must have good news.” And the runner came closer and closer.

26 Then the watchman saw another runner, and he called down to the gatekeeper, “Look, another man running alone!”

The king said, “He must be bringing good news, too.”

27 The watchman said, “It seems to me that the first one runs like Ahimaaz son of Zadok.”

“He’s a good man,” the king said. “He comes with good news.”

28 Then Ahimaaz called out to the king, “All is well!” He bowed down before the king with his face to the ground and said, “Praise be to the Lord your God! He has delivered up those who lifted their hands against my lord the king.”

29 The king asked, “Is the young man Absalom safe?”

Ahimaaz answered, “I saw great confusion just as Joab was about to send the king’s servant and me, your servant, but I don’t know what it was.”

30 The king said, “Stand aside and wait here.” So he stepped aside and stood there.

31 Then the Cushite arrived and said, “My lord the king, hear the good news! The Lord has vindicated you today by delivering you from the hand of all who rose up against you.”

Now, let's look at the context:

Joel 2:28-3:21

28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
1 For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, 2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them (judge them) there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land. 3 And they have cast lots for my people; and have given a boy for an harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink. 4 Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine (Philistia)? will ye render me a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head; 5 Because ye have taken my silver and my gold, and have carried into your temples my goodly pleasant things: 6 The children also of Judah and the children of Jerusalem have ye sold unto the Grecians, that ye might remove them far from their border. 7 Behold, I will raise them out of the place whither ye have sold them, and will return your recompence upon your own head: 8 And I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the children of Judah, and they shall sell them to the Sabeans, to a people far off: for the LORD hath spoken it. 9 Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up: 10 Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong. 11 Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O LORD. 12 Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about. 13 Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats (vats) overflow; for their wickedness is great. 14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision. (That's YHWH'S decision on THEM!) 15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining. 16 The LORD (YHWH) also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD (YHWHwill be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. 17 So shall ye know that am the LORD (YHWH) your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more. 18 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of Shittim. 19 Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence against the children of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land. 20 But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation. 21 For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion.

This passage is talking about God's RESCUE - the DELIVERANCE - of His people, Israel!

Y'howshafat's Valley is the Kidron Valley on the east side of the Old City, the place where kings of old held their tribunals and where the Mashiyach Elohiym, the Anointed of God to be Israel's King, will hold His war tribunal. In the book of Matthew, this is seen as the Judgment of the Sheep and the Goat nations. (Matthew 25:31-46.) The Sheep nations are those who treated His people (Israel) right and tried to help them. The Goat nations are those who mistreated His people (Israel). Whichever way the nations treated His people, He will take it PERSONALLY, and this will determine who will participate in the early days of His Kingdom!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

12 hours ago, George said:

The End Time Harvest

However, if you pay attention ... this is simply the BEGINNING of the PROPHECY!

Joe 2:30  “And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke. 
Joe 2:31  The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes. 
Joe 2:32  And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those who escape, as the LORD has said, and among the survivors shall be those whom the LORD calls. 

The PROPHECY concludes with the LAST DAYS and it's once again connected to JERUSALEM!

Notice how the passage actually begins ...  

Joel 2:23  “Be glad, O children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God, for he has given the early rain for your vindication; he has poured down for you abundant rain, the early and the latter rain, as before.

So we see a pattern here ... the EARLY and the LATTER ... as the rains are connected to the BEGINNING of the harvest season to prepare the season ... and a LATTER rain to usher in END of the harvest!

MATTHEW.24:29-31 (NKJV) The Coming of the Son of Man

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven,and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

MATTHEW.13:36-43 (NKJV) The Parable of the Tares Explained

36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field.”

37 He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man.38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. 39 The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. 40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

The End Time Harvest of JOEL.2:30-32 is referring to the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ to earth when His angels will be rapturing the faithful wheat believers into the clouds to be together with Him eternally(1THESS.4:16-17) while the unrepentant, unbelieving and lawless tares left on earth will suffer the horrible curses/judgment of God during the 7-year Great Tribulation period and will eventually end up in the kingdom of Satan/hell/perdition/lake of fire and brimstone.

Edited by discipler777

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

8 hours ago, George said:

Revival in South Korea

2THESSALONIANS.2:1-12 (NKJV) The Great Apostasy

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not comeunless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The leader of a South Korean megachurch, Jaerock Lee, was sentenced to 15 years in prison Thursday for raping eight female followers after telling them he was carrying out “an order from God.”

Lee is the head of the Manmin Central Church, which claims to have 133,000 followers and 10,000 branches and associate churches worldwide. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/south-korea-megachurch-pastor-gets-15-years-in-jail-for-raping-women-on-gods-orders/2018/11/21/8e73439c-ee04-11e8-9236-bb94154151d2_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.abc90a916106

In 2014, Cho was convicted of embezzling $12 million in church funds. He was given a suspended sentence, but Cho’s son went to jail. Other Protestant leaders have been caught up in sensational scandals too, and as a result, people’s attitudes toward Christian evangelicals have soured. 

“The general public in Korean society, they do not trust Christians anymore,” says Jung-Jun Kim, a senior pastor at a small evangelical church in Seoul.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-05-01/biggest-megachurch-earth-facing-crisis-evangelism

Seems, you may have been deceived, as per the Word of God at 2THESS.2:1-12.