UnprofitableServantJames

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Here is a Thread to post your favourite masterpieces in the Christian art world.

Really an amazing piece of art that Michaelangelo painted on the Vatican ceiling. Though I am not catholic, I can still appreciate the time, dedication, effort that this man put to paint such a complex painting on a ceiling! Imagine how many times he had to go up and down to paint this! 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi_iprnvb_fAhUNWhoKHYpQAsUQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fsmarthistory.org%2Fmichelangelo-ceiling-of-the-sistine-chapel%2F&psig=AOvVaw0MMZPjckNNTT-Jso4Y9MCq&ust=1545981972325196

On 12/29/2018 at 3:43 AM, PromisesPromises! said:

IMG_3188.JPG.82c2c7ca59b36cc35dbba6c730b3e5ff.JPG 

Now titled The Angelus, I like the original title of this painting by Jean-Francois Millet better, "A Prayer for the Potato Crop."  It's a beautiful reminder that we should always ask our Father to bless the work of our hands and pray that all our labor bring Him glory. 

This photo is a good depiction of what the early settlers were facing in the 'dust bowl' area. I can imagine having faith in God is what got must of the people through. This is a good reminder: When your path seems dark... turn towards the Lord so He can brighten up your path.

In peace 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

Ive been following this thread and considering how to respond to it. I like a lot of art for the sake of its art but many of the paintings/sculptures that are religious in its content are also wrong in many details. 

For instance, the statue of moses done by michelangelo has horns on its head. Why? Because that was the common belief during the time of michelangelo. Gorgeous statue anyway. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  64

On 12/30/2018 at 4:43 AM, UnprofitableServantJames said:

This photo is a good depiction of what the early settlers were facing in the 'dust bowl' area. I can imagine having faith in God is what got must of the people through. This is a good reminder: When your path seems dark... turn towards the Lord so He can brighten up your path.

In peace 

I like this pic too.  I may be mistaken but I think this is a european picture.   

• Thumbs Up 1