• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hello church!!! 

Im a worship leader in our local church here in the Philippines.. but before anything else, let me first share to you how I became a worship leader..

The daughter of our Senior Pastor, who was a worship leader, had just a surgery that time because she had a tumor in her breast.. so, basically, since there's no one to sub her, her mother lead us to worship.. of course, as old as she (the mother) is, it's hard for her to sing for almost an hour worship service.. so our pastor appointed me and my other churchmate to lead the worship service... my churchmate as the worship leader and me as a back up singer.. but then, my churchmate doesnt want to because although she can sing, she's not confident unlike me who sang at school for two times already.. so she gave the obligations to me.. I was still new to the church that time and it was my first time do it.. but the thing is, they choose someone right away and give us the ministry when we're not really ready and open to accept it yet because we're still new in the church.. and now, they made me the official worship leader and I feel like it's not really for me and that Im not called for it.. I know Im at fault as well, because I accepted it right away when in my heart, I was hesitating.. 

Right now, Im struggling because other than this, Im still distracted by the person whom I am in love with (one-sidedly) who is our youth pastor.. 

I know and I believe, I am called by God for something else for His Kingdom.. and now, I dont know what to do.. 

Edited by SisterCess

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

He will work it out.....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,135
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The things that reach the ears of God is s/Spirit and truth
John 4:24 (KJV)
[24] God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

So from your heart love and worship Him and He will lead you in this....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/28/2018 at 1:51 AM, SisterCess said:

I know and I believe, I am called by God for something else for His Kingdom.. and now, I dont know what to do.. 

May I point out that the talent you have to sing came from God, it has now been proven that singing is in our DNA, ...but the Bible already told us that, ...the singers in David's temple were all of the same family.

May I humbly ask, was the congregation blessed with the presence of God when you sang Worship?

May I also say, ...have you considered that the doubt your are having is from the enemy?

When I was back in the states our Church sponsored a Worship Leaders Conference/Retreat and the teachers were well know in the Christian Praise Music Community, one of them is currently leading Worship in churches all over the world and the other has been called to be one of our Lord's pastors.

Briefly I will try to explain what they taught:

1. Father God inhabits the praises of His people Ps 22:3

Since Father is Holy His Worship must be Holy and as Jesus said it must be in spirit and Truth.

2. Jesus is the actual/true Worship leader. Ps 22:22

Worship is in spirit, that means the Holy Spirit is singing through you, He is using your voice, the one giving to you when Jesus lovingly and tenderly knit you together in the womb of your mother.

You alone created my inner being. You knitted me together inside my mother. 139:13

And since Jesus is the One leading Worship, He only uses songs He wrote, ...this is hard for some to believe, but that is His meaning of must Worship (in) Truth. Jn 4:23, 24

It's really that simple, Worship is Jesus and the Holy Spirit working through you, all you provide is the voice.

Now, to be used by Him we need to go before Him and ask Him to search our hearts and confess 1 Jn 1:9 any and all sin He might show us, remember we need to be a Holy vessel. Also, we need to Worship Father, that means we are not just up front singing in front of the congregation with our pretty voice, ...we are actually worshiping God, true Worship in Spirit and Truth, ...what happens then is Father comes to inhabit our worship and His presence fills the building, ...a true Worship Leader leads the congregation into the presence of God through their worship of Him.

You need to practice this home alone, why, because, the first time it happens it will blow you away, ...and you don't want that to happen when your are in front of the congregation!  Since you are the Worship Leader, you need to chose the songs, you do this by asking the Holy Spirit what songs He is going to sing during Worship (use whatever hymnal or song book you have), ...you don't want to sing a couple of songs He has chosen and then add in one that comes from the world, ...the silence will be so loud you will be able to cut it with a knife.

Another thing very important is who is/are accompanying you with instruments, ...the fewer the better, guitar, piano, violin, the fewer the better, ...after you have experienced the presence of Father in you private Worship time then introduce it to whoever is accompanying you, ...again, you don't want them to be blown away either when He comes! 

Jesus said, "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." So ask Him to work through you, ...David, King David, God's chosen King to bring forth the Messiah through his family, what did he yearn for the most, how did he sign off? ...He wanted to be a priest and sing to the Lord!

Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel,  2 Sam 23:1

So many of the truly great and wonderful songs for the Church today come from the Psalms of David, ...be encouraged dear sister, if the Lord has chosen you then don't run, let Him have His way, ...it will be the most fulfilling part of you walk with Him.

Lord bless

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 12/28/2018 at 6:51 AM, SisterCess said:

Hello church!!! 

Im a worship leader in our local church here in the Philippines.. but before anything else, let me first share to you how I became a worship leader..

The daughter of our Senior Pastor, who was a worship leader, had just a surgery that time because she had a tumor in her breast.. so, basically, since there's no one to sub her, her mother lead us to worship.. of course, as old as she (the mother) is, it's hard for her to sing for almost an hour worship service.. so our pastor appointed me and my other churchmate to lead the worship service... my churchmate as the worship leader and me as a back up singer.. but then, my churchmate doesnt want to because although she can sing, she's not confident unlike me who sang at school for two times already.. so she gave the obligations to me.. I was still new to the church that time and it was my first time do it.. but the thing is, they choose someone right away and give us the ministry when we're not really ready and open to accept it yet because we're still new in the church.. and now, they made me the official worship leader and I feel like it's not really for me and that Im not called for it.. I know Im at fault as well, because I accepted it right away when in my heart, I was hesitating.. 

Right now, Im struggling because other than this, Im still distracted by the person whom I am in love with (one-sidedly) who is our youth pastor.. 

Tell them why you think you aren't ready. Listen to their responses. Tell them you will be leaving soon, from that ministry, not the church, and need someone to take over by a certain date. It is NOT biblical that music worship MUST happen in EVERY service. It is better to have happy, qualified leaders.

On 1/1/2019 at 9:12 AM, JustPassingThru said:

May I point out that the talent you have to sing came from God, it has now been proven that singing is in our DNA, ...but the Bible already told us that, ...the singers in David's temple were all of the same family.

May I humbly ask, was the congregation blessed with the presence of God when you sang Worship?

May I also say, ...have you considered that the doubt your are having is from the enemy?

When I was back in the states our Church sponsored a Worship Leaders Conference/Retreat and the teachers were well know in the Christian Praise Music Community, one of them is currently leading Worship in churches all over the world and the other has been called to be one of our Lord's pastors.

Briefly I will try to explain what they taught:

1. Father God inhabits the praises of His people Ps 22:3

Since Father is Holy His Worship must be Holy and as Jesus said it must be in spirit and Truth.

2. Jesus is the actual/true Worship leader. Ps 22:22

Worship is in spirit, that means the Holy Spirit is singing through you, He is using your voice, the one giving to you when Jesus lovingly and tenderly knit you together in the womb of your mother.

You alone created my inner being. You knitted me together inside my mother. 139:13

And since Jesus is the One leading Worship, He only uses songs He wrote, ...this is hard for some to believe, but that is His meaning of must Worship (in) Truth. Jn 4:23, 24

It's really that simple, Worship is Jesus and the Holy Spirit working through you, all you provide is the voice.

Now, to be used by Him we need to go before Him and ask Him to search our hearts and confess 1 Jn 1:9 any and all sin He might show us, remember we need to be a Holy vessel. Also, we need to Worship Father, that means we are not just up front singing in front of the congregation with our pretty voice, ...we are actually worshiping God, true Worship in Spirit and Truth, ...what happens then is Father comes to inhabit our worship and His presence fills the building, ...a true Worship Leader leads the congregation into the presence of God through their worship of Him.

You need to practice this home alone, why, because, the first time it happens it will blow you away, ...and you don't want that to happen when your are in front of the congregation!  Since you are the Worship Leader, you need to chose the songs, you do this by asking the Holy Spirit what songs He is going to sing during Worship (use whatever hymnal or song book you have), ...you don't want to sing a couple of songs He has chosen and then add in one that comes from the world, ...the silence will be so loud you will be able to cut it with a knife.

Another thing very important is who is/are accompanying you with instruments, ...the fewer the better, guitar, piano, violin, the fewer the better, ...after you have experienced the presence of Father in you private Worship time then introduce it to whoever is accompanying you, ...again, you don't want them to be blown away either when He comes! 

Jesus said, "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." So ask Him to work through you, ...David, King David, God's chosen King to bring forth the Messiah through his family, what did he yearn for the most, how did he sign off? ...He wanted to be a priest and sing to the Lord!

Now these be the last words of David. David the son of Jesse said, and the man who was raised up on high, the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel,  2 Sam 23:1

So many of the truly great and wonderful songs for the Church today come from the Psalms of David, ...be encouraged dear sister, if the Lord has chosen you then don't run, let Him have His way, ...it will be the most fulfilling part of you walk with Him.

Lord bless

@May I humbly ask, was the congregation blessed with the presence of God when you sang Worship?

= I dont know. Maybe some, maybe some aren't. I actually dont know. Everytime I open my eyes as I lead, some of them were just watching me, some were just looking at the place, some were trying their best to sing but sometimes get distracted especially when they feel sleepy because of the chosen song for worship (which is mostly mellow).. but some were really praising the Lord..

@May I also say, ...have you considered that the doubt your are having is from the enemy?

= It's not impossible that doubt is from the enemy. I mean he is the author of confusion not God.. but in my case, I dont know if am I really doubting my current ministry whether it is for me or not. Because honestly, before I became the official worship leader and before I came in the church, I already received dreams about me preaching outside sharing the gospel. I know, everyone is called to share the gospel but I believe I have this specific calling that God has called me to do for the advancement of His Kingdom and I believe it's not being a worship leader.. 

Now, I have nothing against about being a worship leader because I admit, I love leading people especially in worship. But I really dont think it is my calling.. 

1 hour ago, Billiards Ball said:

Tell them why you think you aren't ready. Listen to their responses. Tell them you will be leaving soon, from that ministry, not the church, and need someone to take over by a certain date. It is NOT biblical that music worship MUST happen in EVERY service. It is better to have happy, qualified leaders.

Actually, now, the daughter of our pastor is taking over the worship service since there are times that I cannot lead for that certain date for some reasons..

I agree, it is better to have a happy and qualified leaders.. someone who is willing and is really called for that kind of ministry.

The church has one of its rules that a person cannot be a part of the worship team unless he/she has already been in the church for a year and has participated any church activities.. but what makes me wonder is that, why they appointed me to be the worship leader when I am not yet one year in the church?? I was only like 3 months when they chose me to lead the worship.

Edited by SisterCess

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,916
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 hours ago, SisterCess said:

The church has one of its rules that a person cannot be a part of the worship team unless he/she has already been in the church for a year and has participated any church activities.. but what makes me wonder is that, why they appointed me to be the worship leader when I am not yet one year in the church?? I was only like 3 months when they chose me to lead the worship.

Dear SisterCess, This sort of thing happens a lot. Institutional structures are typically "task driven" rather than "person considerate". This means the "task" is elevated above the "person", and thus often the drive to see that the task is performed overrides consideration for the person persuaded or burdened to do it. This adversely affects the body of Christ as it tends to quench the Holy Spirit and the attrition rate of once willing volunteers who become disgruntled with the system speaks to the problem.  

Php 2:21  For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's.

Poor old Epaphroditus nearly worked himself to death doing too much instead of insisting the load be fairly spread.

Php 2:25-30
(25)  Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants.
(26)  For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that you had heard that he had been sick.
(27)  For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.
(28)  I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when you see him again, you may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful.
(29)  Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness; and hold such in reputation:
(30)  Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding his life, to supply your lack of service toward me.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

Ah dear sister,

Now let me tell you about my experience leading Worship, ...hopefully it will encourage you!

My wife and I started attending a new (to us) church, there were some in the church that already knew us from a different church, (it's a small island) we had been there only three weeks when the pastor asked us to lead worship, (when I asked my pastor back in the States, how do we know a ministry in the Church is the will of God for us, he said, someone will ask you and you will have a peace about it), at that time I had been playing the piano for 60 years and I never liked recitals or playing in front of an audience, it always made me nervous, ...I like playing the piano for my own pleasure, well, ...I had a peace about it so I agreed.

Come Sunday I was ready, ...because I had been playing the early Praise music for over 30 years I picked out some simple chorus', printed the words and compiled a small song book, like I said, I was ready, the songs I had chosen I could play with my eyes closed in the dark..., then came Sunday, we set up, I played some background music as the people arrived to set the mood, the pastor called the Church to order, nodded to me to begin..., and my mind went blank, I couldn't remember one single note, ...how embarrassing, I don't know how we made it through that Sunday, I think my wife sang a cappella,  ...OK, I learned my lesson for the next Sunday, I copied the music and I practiced playing with my eyes open, I was ready, ...woke up Sunday morning and my right hand was paralyzed, it's OK, you can laugh, as stubborn as I am we went anyway, I played chords with my left hand and the root note with one finger in my right, (I'm like that sheep that the Shepard has to break it's legs and carry it on His shoulders so that it won't run off), ...I came home that Sunday totally discouraged, told Father I quit, I had made a big mistake, ...His reply to me is what I have written in my previous post, the lesson I needed to learned was to stop trying to do Ministry in my own strength, my head knowledge needed to descend and become heart knowledge and just let the Holy Spirit flow through me, ...He's the One that makes it work.  Not by might, nor by power, by by My spirit says the Lord of Hosts!

6 hours ago, SisterCess said:

some were really praising the Lord..

There ya go sis, ...if/since you were worshiping Father you led those that had prepared their hearts to Worship, ...that's why it so very important that YOU prepare the hearts of the congregation FOR Worship, ...think about it, they come in with their heads filled, their hearts occupied with the things of the world, ...gossip, problems, fighting with spouses, struggles, persecutions, abuses, sins, transgressions, some might even be considering suicide,

...your're ready, ...your're pumped up, eager with anticipation, ...Spirit filled, ...you're just one small step away from entering into THE Throne Room of Grace, ........and the majority of the congregation are still outside in the gutter, ...so to speak!

6 hours ago, SisterCess said:

Now, I have nothing against about being a worship leader because I admit, I love leading people especially in worship. But I really dont think it is my calling.. 

Dear one, may I humbly suggest that you not limit God, you have a dream, ..and you have a ministry given to you by the pastor, the fact that the time limit set by the church was over ruled leads me to believe this is what Father has for you today, there are no coincidences in God's Church, ...and who knows, this might well be preparation for the next ministry He has for you.

You know, ...when the majority of the Church is Worshiping, ...when Father keeps His promise to come and inhabit the praises of His people, ...when His Presence is so thick that it could be cut with a knife, ...when TRUE Worship has reached it's summit, ...when hands involuntarily raise, ..when the Church becomes silent before THE Thrice Holy God...,

...the unbelievers present will know there is a God and they are in His Presence, ...there are many ways Father uses to preach the Gospel,

...and you precious one, ...will be so blessed, ...because you were used by God, ...the Holy Spirit passed through you, ...you became a spring of living water that overflowed and gushed forth...

Lord bless

Edited by JustPassingThru
  • Brilliant! 1