• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all, 

Personally I do not think it  is intended to mean males or males only.

It may reference those that do not hold out for propriety or those that cannot or will not restrain themselves or bear discomfort,  instead taking easiest relief in matters of personal concern.

God sorts in  rather graphic fashion in many instances winnowing down the troops so to speak, so that when victory is at hand it is known that it can only be of God's will and pleasure and not by the works and will  of man.

On a personal note; one long long long time ago many were lined up at the latrine at a Boy Scout jamboree. Too many to accommodate the need of the flesh to relieve in time. So many stepped out of line, one after another, until  there was a majority marking against the cabin wall so to speak. That didn't go too well with the scout leaders when the cabin wall smelled of urine come morning, and all had to then carry water and scrub the exterior cabin wall.  Consequence and punishment and a need was  shared by all for the  short cutting of  others.

Edited by Neighbor
spelling
  • Haha 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

I just don't believe that God would be using that particular word

I think it helps to remember that all Scripture is God breathed, that it was the Word speaking the Father's thoughts, we also need to remember that not only is God living in glory, He IS Glory, ...since He is Perfect, without any imperfection, without sin, He doesn't think the way we do, His thoughts are not like our thoughts, what is vulgar to us in our particular society is not vulgar, so to speak, to Him.

This minuscule time-space continuum we live in, compared to Eternity, is for Him, not a problem, way back, farther than our minds can imagine, when it was just God the Father, Son, Holy Spirit, He knew what that there would be a problem and He already had a solution planed for the problem and He knew those (us) that would come out of the problem clean, sanctified, just, righteous and would be fit, prepared to live with Him in Glory.

So, for me, I believe He used this word and other descriptive words in His Word, that we consider vulgar to remind us while we are here that the thrice Holy God, the One who is Glory manifested in Flesh, stooped down into the cess pool we all are/were living in to call us to Himself... 

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.  Ps 51:17

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

All I know is that in 1 Samuel 25, it is talking about men and males.

King David is at the end of his rope in running from Saul.  And Samuel, who is the only one who could be a buffer for him, is dead.  He and his men are exhausted.  Nonetheless, they come upon a man's property.  They don't go to his house, but stay back with his flocks and herds and help protect them because it was sheep-shearing time thinking the man, Nabal, will give them some provisions.

But no, Nabal, who is described very negatively, sends David message of scorn, mocking sarcasm, and denying David's authority.

In the state David is in, he reacts in great anger and says that before the morning light, everything that "pisseth against a wall" will be dead.  That's Nabal, his sons, his male servants, his male sheep-shearers, and possibly male animals.  David is at his breaking point and makes rash vows.

Thank the LORD for the servant who went and told Nabal's wife all of this.

There was going to be carnage.  And every man would be killed because of Nabal.  Abigail stopped it by softened David's heart by doing for them what her husband should have done.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

It's the males fault I tell you  :foot-stomp:

• Haha 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

14 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

Thanks for answering that for me George, but then why not just say "male"? instead of using the word pisseth? or the phrase "pisseth against the wall"?  it just seems....sooo....vulgar?

Cause our LORD aint PC all inclusive seeker friendly .    HE GETS QUITE ANGRY .  

WHEN HE returns , I assure us all , better pray ye get taken up to be with HIM ,   cause he aint coming with coffee and smiles to all who trod THE SON underfoot

for the lets get all along unity song getting sung .     Folks don't know HOW serious and angry GOD gets .

And I assure us all ,  that while GOD never did desire any to perish ,  OH HE IS HIGHLY ANGRY at this all inclusive unity , budda kissing and Koran hugging unity for world peace

group .    God never changed .    From page one to page last of the entire bible the messae was repent why will ye die ,  but when a generation whose churches and leaders of those churches

have sold out for UNITY and despite all the warnings they get , ONLY stiffen the neck as iron and have brows of brass ,    OH HIS WRATH WILL COME

and the generation of HIS WRATH , HE DOES ABANDON .

My advice stands ,   if any is in those unity inclusive churches ,  YA BETTER GET OUT FAST .   lest ye receive of her plagues THE LORD will send against her ON HIS DAY .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

It's the males fault I tell you  :foot-stomp:

Miss muffet , You are dearly loved .    I tell us all , its all of mankinds fault .   And worse many willfully reject CHRIST the one who could have savedthem .

And trod HIM under foot for an all inclusive God .    It wont bode well in the time which is to come .   Cause our GOD don't change .  And he not likes this image

of HIM getting sold to the masses ,    the image which provokes HIM to utter jealously , anger and wrath to come .

I know ,  its not the message you gonna hear from hardly a soul these days .  They just too busy creating an all inclusive love God that shares his honor with all relgions

with all who even despise him .    A hint .   the wicked get only worse and so do the churches , because most of our leaders , 

don't cause the wicked torepent ,  they just promise them LIFE AS THEY are .      Bad news when the jews did this ,  so don't expect good news for many today .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

Can someone please help me with the statement from the KJV   him that pisseth against the wall means? 

I just don't believe that God would be using that particular word and just doesn't flow with the KJV writing style....

There are at least 6 passages with this statement, that I don't find in other translations. 

1 Samuel 25:22 So and more also do God unto the enemies of David, if I leave of all that pertain to him by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall. (KJV)

1 Samuel 25:34 For in very deed, as the LORD God of Israel liveth, which hath kept me back from hurting thee, except thou hadst hasted and come to meet me, surely there had not been left unto Nabal by the morning light any that pisseth against the wall. (KJV)

1 Kings 14:10 Therefore, behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Jeroboam, and will cut off from Jeroboam him that pisseth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel, and will take away the remnant of the house of Jeroboam, as a man taketh away dung, till it be all gone. (KJV)

1 Kings 16:11 And it came to pass, when he began to reign, as soon as he sat on his throne, that he slew all the house of Baasha: he left him not one that pisseth against a wall, neither of his kinsfolk, nor of his friends. (KJV)

1 Kings 21:21 Behold, I will bring evil upon thee, and will take away thy posterity, and will cut off from Ahab him that pisseth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel, (KJV)

2 Kings 9:8 For the whole house of Ahab shall perish: and I will cut off from Ahab him that pisseth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel: (KJV)

This was a particular expression among Hebrews for males. It is used 6 times (V 22, 34; 1 Kings 14:10; 16:11. 21:21; 2 Kings 9:8). The meaning here is that no males would be left alive.

• Thanks 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

NIV May God deal with David, be it ever so severely, if by morning I leave alive one male of all who belong to him!"

I can't read old translations, it's easy to misunderstand them.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 12/28/2018 at 10:41 PM, George said:

Well it makes for a few verses NOT to read during a Sunday School Class!  ;)

You might want to include Song of Solomon as well not to be discussed in Sunday School Class :blink:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:43 AM, Cletus said:

... better than in the wind.  LOL. 

into the wind anyway....   LoL