Him that pisseth against the wall

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

The English language has changed a lot in the past few hundred years and societies have changed what is acceptable and what is not....    when I was young the "S" words was not considered a bad word and was used my just about everyone my grand parents age that I knew...     things change as to what is acceptable and what isn't....      

This phrase was just a colorful way of speaking of males....     The Hebrew words literally translate to our more modern language of urinates or makes water against or on a wall....    we shouldn't make a big deal out of it....    but as George said probably not to use that translation in Sunday School classes...…    but that is what the original manuscripts say so if you don't like it take it up with God or just stop using the KJV.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

Of course we have to be audience sensitive, ...but does that mean we can't glean spiritual truths from ALL of God's Word, should we also not teach about how we are born again 1 Pet 1:23 because the verse talks about sperm (incorruptible seed) and ovum (Word of God)?

(Incidentally, just asking in love, can you say or remember what verse was used to birth you into the Kingdom, ...Peter gave us his verse - Is 40:6-8)

I was taught the Word of God is like a many faceted precious gem stone, we can see different aspects (Truths) with how the Light shines through each facet.

Also, what if, there was an unbelieving man listening to a Holy Spirit inspired teaching and the pastor was reading from King James and this particular verse was the exact verse the Holy Spirit was going to use to convict/enlighten him of his lost condition..., 

I personally believe it's a dangerous thing to play with the Word of God and we set ourselves up as judges as to what is politically correct rather than just read it as God said it. 

Love, peace, ...Happy New Year

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I must admit to immaturily giggling when I read that. Also whenever it uses the other word for donkey.

I'm old enough to where I shouldn't be so amused.

• Haha 1