RevelationWriter

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

My input is that the Bible clearly indicates the present heavens and earth will be destroyed by fire

all of the elements etc.

And in their place a new heaven and new earth.

Question...

New separate heaven and separate earth?

Or a new heaven-earth?

Ancient languages tended to insert "and" a lot where the object of the sentence was one and the same.

Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (for example). He is both... our Savior Lord.

The dwelling of God will be with men in eternity... yes / no?

Conversely...

If there will be segregation... would is not be between the spirit realm and the physical realm (as is today)

except for neither are affected by human sin anymore as both older versions of heaven and earth are purged and replaced.

IMHO in neither scenario will there be an earth for all born Jewish in this life and a universe for all who belie in Jesus Christ.

With regard to the OP...

The Bible is clear that at every stage of God's progressive revelation (unto the Messiah)

it has always been about faith (according to the contemporary revelation) as to what to believe, do, or be 

with regard to who is going to be saved or not.

Galatians 3:24-25 is the pinnacle of that progressive revelation.

Hebrews 11 points out that faith is where the line of demarcation has been drawn since day one.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  893
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/18/2019 at 11:39 PM, Littlelambseativy said:

should continue to use the 

I think it might depend on the particular individual and the particular situation....  The word as used in a Christian context by the Christians in malaysian Borneo etc who have never been muslim.. is not used as a name though.. but as a general term i.e similar to the english word God which is also not a name. 

There are basically two groups of Christians in this issue I think?  One is possibly the vast majority of Christians in places such as malaysian Borneo and possibly Indonesia too.. who have never been muslim but may use a certain word in their Bibles in some languages..but as a general term and not as a name..

The other group ( any converts which you are refering to I think) 

So the question is do that majority of Christians have to change their language and even their Bibles even though they are not doing anything wrong?  Or should there be two different sets of rules for a same language that two groups of Christians use?  I think that this is a difficult situation.

Though it might not be exactly the same thing..a different example might be how Christians in the Usa handle situations such as english speaking mormons converting and becoming Christians?  Mormonism (a cult) also uses the same english language as the Christians .. but their meaning / version is very very different than Christianity.  The mormon version of Jesus for example.. is not who He really is.  But mormons and even the mormon religion itself uses the same english words as Christians.  

So I am wondering how do Christians in the Usa handle such as situation?  How do they help the new converts who used to be mormons.. to understand better who He really is and not get confused? Even though these new converts might still be using english words?

Please please understand that I truly mean no offence.  I just am not sure how to explain what I mean.  I understand your concerns and I think the situation can be a difficult one. 

But.. please forgive me for asking this.. but what I don't understand is if english speaking Christians in the Usa and elsewhere don't have to change their language even though mormons use the same english words as Christians.... then why are Christians in places like Indonesia expected to change their language?  Why the difference?

I don't understand ..

ps.  I think I will bow out of this thread now as I am still off topic.  My apologies to the OP and everyone for being off topic so much in this thread.  Thank you for your patience with me!

Edited by just_abc
  • Oy Vey! 1

12 hours ago, pinacled said:

I am and revelation writer is sharing something of value to those whom have worked diligently with Jews so that Mashiach is recognised in Yeshua(Jesus.

Personally I've had much opposition with certain factions of judaism that are simply not jewish at all.

Um, by "not Jewish at all" what do you mean?

My biggest witnessing tool to Jewish people is the Tanakh... specifically Daniel (which calls itself a prophetic book) and a good pivot point to challenge the traditional placement of it in the ketuvim...

Then in chapter 9 I cite how the Messiah Prince would come before the destruction of the second temple. 

If Messiah be not Yeshua... the who is he? And why did he miss such an important prophetic curtain call?

5 hours ago, pinacled said:

Not children or heirs of a promise to avraham.

impostors?

I know there are certain heretical factions that believe most or all of those who claim to be Jewish today really aren't. 

Just wanted to make sure you don't hold to that belief system.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

36 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I know there are certain heretical factions that believe most or all of those who claim to be Jewish today really aren't. 

Just wanted to make sure you don't hold to that belief system.

“I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich); and I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

Jesus warned us that there were those who claimed to be Jews back in the day John  wrote Revelation.  Their numbers have not diminished since that warning was issued.
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

“ A Jew is anyone whose heart is right with God” By that Biblical definition there are many more Jews here than we previously thought.  “ Repentance towards God, with faith in Jesus Christ”gets the heart right with God.I am proud to be a Jew if that is the requirement to be one.Apparently I have been one for many years and was completely unaware.Maybe that’s why the Jews hold a special place in my heart.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

No. My Dad had a Red Delicious Apple tree into which he grafted Yellow Delicious, Ida Red, Matsu etc. just because the  other varieties were grafted into the Red Delicious Tree did not make them Red Delicious any more than Christians grafted into the vine of the Root. Gentiles who accept Jesus are not Jews. Jews who accept Jesus are still Jews, children of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. They are now Messianic/Christian Jews.