Lost and alone

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I’m not sure how this site works. But here goes nothing. I’ve been feeling very alone and confused for some time now. I guess you could say I lost my way and looked up one day and lost more then just that. 

I grew up in the church and went every year for 29 years until I experienced a tragedy. Today was the first time in three years that I’ve been back in a church. I was strategic in my decision of where to go. I chose the biggest church I could find because I knew I would be invisible. I knew I could get in and out unnoticed. I suppose you could say I set myself up for to be disappointed and maybe in a way validate my reason for not going in so long. God is everywhere and I quit believing I needed to be in a church to have relationship with him. But when we have fellow believers in our lives we have accountability. I haven’t had this in a long time. I need a friend so desperately. 

• Praying! 4
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

Welcome to worthy :)  

I pray you find the fellowship here as wonderful as I have.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

Hi Evanna!  Welcome to Worthy!  I too walked away from the Lord a long time ago, in my early 20's  but the Lord always was waiting right there for me to come back to Him.  Read the story of the prodigal son.... That is like how Jesus is always waiting for us, looking for us and runs to meet us when we are ready to come home.  He doesn't condemn us, He just is joyful at our return and loves us oh so very much!  I am sure that that is how Jesus sees you, wanting to come home and He is waiting to take you in His arms and celebrate with the Host of heaven at your return!  If you need a friend, you may pm and I would love to chat!  :) 

Note that it said the father RAN to meet his son, in the Jewish custom, men just don't do that,  culturally it was not appropriate but God shows us that is how full of love He has for us and is overjoyed for us when we come back to Him. 

Jesus is calling you.....you've taken the first step.  Keep going forward.  ❤️

Luke 15:11 - 15:32

Now viewing scripture range from the book of Luke chapter 15:11 through chapter 15:32...

Luke Chapter 15

11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:

12 And the younger of them said to [his] father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth [to me]. And he divided unto them [his] living.

13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.

14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.

15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.

16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.

20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put [it] on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on [his] feet:

23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill [it]; and let us eat, and be merry:

24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

25 Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.

26 And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.

27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.

28 And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.

29 And he answering said to [his] father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:

30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.

31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.

32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

On 12/31/2018 at 8:53 AM, Evanna said:

I’m not sure how this site works. But here goes nothing. I’ve been feeling very alone and confused for some time now. I guess you could say I lost my way and looked up one day and lost more then just that. 

I grew up in the church and went every year for 29 years until I experienced a tragedy. Today was the first time in three years that I’ve been back in a church. I was strategic in my decision of where to go. I chose the biggest church I could find because I knew I would be invisible. I knew I could get in and out unnoticed. I suppose you could say I set myself up for to be disappointed and maybe in a way validate my reason for not going in so long. God is everywhere and I quit believing I needed to be in a church to have relationship with him. But when we have fellow believers in our lives we have accountability. I haven’t had this in a long time. I need a friend so desperately. 

JOHN.14:15-24 (NKJV) Jesus Promises Another Helper

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

Indwelling of the Father and the Son

19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me.Because I live, you will live also. 20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.

22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

1JOHN.3:4-9 Sin and the Child of God

Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to takeaway our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin,

because he has been born of God.

The Imperative of Love

10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother. 11 For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another, 12 not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother’s righteous.

13 Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you. 14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death. 15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

You do not have to be alone. Jesus Christ/God/the Holy Spirit of God will abide in Christian-believers who keep His commandments/laws/Word. That is how they walk in the Spirit and produce the fruits/works of the Spirit after being born-again of the Holy Spirit of God.(cf HEBREWS.8:10-11)

For Gentile Christians, as per ACTS.15:19-29 & 21:20-25, they are required by God to keep the essential or non-burdensome laws of God, so as to do well on earth, ie not be unwell or be struck by tragedies/calamities(eg 1CORINTHIANS.11:30, 1JOHN.5:16-17), especially moral laws, eg the Ten Commandments at EXODUS.20:1-17.(cf 1COR.6:9-11, GALATIANS.5:19-21, REVELATION.22:12-17) They can liberate or exempt themselves from non-essential or burdensome laws, eg circumcision, kosher/clean foods, unmixed linen clothing, correct hairlength, etc. In fact, Gentile smokers, alcoholics and drug-addicts can remain as sober Gentile Christian smokers, alcoholics and drug-addicts because quitting the addiction may likely be too burdensome or impossible if God/Jesus does not miraculously heal them. 

God bless.

P S - Most Gentile Christians were formerly lawless Gentiles = are born-again as spiritual babes-in-Christ who crawl in the Spirit until they could gradually grow by feeding on the Law/Word/commandments of God and  then be able to walk in the Spirit steadily.

IN ESSENTIALS UNITY, IN NON-ESSENTIALS LIBERTY, IN ALL THINGS JESUS CHRIST.

Edited by discipler777

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Welcome. I do understand how you feel.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 12/30/2018 at 7:53 PM, Evanna said:

Welcome,

May you find not only a friend but also an accountability partner or partners within the group of ladies at this site and soon at a local body of Christ Jesus as well.

Nearly 3 years separated from the body is a long time. Our Lord is not only patient with each of us, He is faithful even when we are not so much so. We are lifted by Him to our salvation and to our eternal life with Him, starting even today right where we are, just as we are. I do pray today is a day  of  blessing in your life and the start of a time to give thanks to God  for all things, big and small, and even very small and smaller still a time of giving thanks to God for all things. Praise God, His mercy, and His grace upon us.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Welcome to Worthy Evanna.   While it may not be so common to be away from a church that long, I think you will find that it isn't so uncommon for people to have something happen and drop away from the Lord for a while.  Happened to me and several people I know...

Just a note though that you might find your place in a smaller church where you get to know people in a closer setting....   I know it's kind of scary to start with. Large churches are easier to get in and out un noticed, but is that really what you are looking for...  

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

13 hours ago, Evanna said:

I grew up in the church and went every year for 29 years until I experienced a tragedy. Today was the first time in three years that I’ve been back in a church. I was strategic in my decision of where to go. I chose the biggest church I could find because I knew I would be invisible. I knew I could get in and out unnoticed. I suppose you could say I set myself up for to be disappointed and maybe in a way validate my reason for not going in so long.

The seed, The Word of God, has been sown plentifully within your being (29 years) … we the children of God have great hope that seed bears a bountiful harvest to the glory of God!

God is everywhere and I quit believing I needed to be in a church to have relationship with him.

I think you know better the desired structure of The Church (Bride) that God has brought about...

But when we have fellow believers in our lives we have accountability. I haven’t had this in a long time. I need a friend so desperately.

You have us and we will pray you find family within God's given body of believers -The Church :) 
429180657_welcomebrushgreybluecoonhandsabovelowpix245.jpg.d2650834d21a5e420d28d120acdb1f92.jpg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,382
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Hello. I can relate. I took care of my grandmother and she had dementia. It was 24/7 work and led to pretty atrocious sleeping hours so I didn't really go to church during that time. I didn't really stay in touch with people from church either. I don't feel like I strayed from God but did I stray from fellow Christians (and people as a whole)? Absolutely. I came to regret that very much. When I eventually did turn back to the church the people I knew had all moved on. All those years I could have had support from the church and when I needed it most direly being disconnected from the people there made it that much more difficult. I was basically a stranger to them. It's pretty important to get connected with your fellow believers in some fashion and stay connected.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I need someone to talk to.  Some one to share and encourage each other.