• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 12/30/2018 at 4:53 PM, Evanna said:

I’m not sure how this site works. But here goes nothing. I’ve been feeling very alone and confused for some time now. I guess you could say I lost my way and looked up one day and lost more then just that. 

I grew up in the church and went every year for 29 years until I experienced a tragedy. Today was the first time in three years that I’ve been back in a church. I was strategic in my decision of where to go. I chose the biggest church I could find because I knew I would be invisible. I knew I could get in and out unnoticed. I suppose you could say I set myself up for to be disappointed and maybe in a way validate my reason for not going in so long. God is everywhere and I quit believing I needed to be in a church to have relationship with him. But when we have fellow believers in our lives we have accountability. I haven’t had this in a long time. I need a friend so desperately. 

" But here goes nothing". No not really don't be so negative. It sounds like you are really trying to reach out to God. You are the one who left. God has always been by your side. You need to pray to God and tell him exactly what is on your heart. He is the best psychologist. It is ok that you have not been back to Church unless it took your farther away from God. You can have a daily relationship with God by praying everyday and reading the Bible and getting into His Word. That is how you really get to know God. He wants to have a fellowship with you. I am sorry you experienced a tragedy. I hope you gave that to God so He can help you work through that tragedy. I have been to Churches before that I did not grow in Christ. Or the Church was so big I felt lost. I tried participating in the activities of the Church but I was ignored because I was new. You need to be very careful which Church you choose today because there are so many false teachers. Find a Church that teaches only the true Word of God. Perhaps that church has a group that meets for singles. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1986

Hey, blessings and prayers to you. Like any other here if you need to talk feel free to inbox any of us.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 12/30/2018 at 6:53 PM, Evanna said:

I’m not sure how this site works. But here goes nothing. I’ve been feeling very alone and confused for some time now. I guess you could say I lost my way and looked up one day and lost more then just that. 

I grew up in the church and went every year for 29 years until I experienced a tragedy. Today was the first time in three years that I’ve been back in a church. I was strategic in my decision of where to go. I chose the biggest church I could find because I knew I would be invisible. I knew I could get in and out unnoticed. I suppose you could say I set myself up for to be disappointed and maybe in a way validate my reason for not going in so long. God is everywhere and I quit believing I needed to be in a church to have relationship with him. But when we have fellow believers in our lives we have accountability. I haven’t had this in a long time. I need a friend so desperately. 

Praying for you. And that God will raise up for you a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hi, thanks for sharing. Trying to attend church (again) is one of the greatest things you can do for God. You're in God's house, telling Him you want a relationship with Him, you want to worship Him with thanksgiving, and to receive Christ His Son. Keep it up 

Edited by GodPrincess

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Dear Evanna,  

My name is Oscar and I send my blessings and well wishes to you.  There is SO MUCH I want (and need) to share with you that I don't know where to begin. Firstly,  upon arriving home from working a 12 hour shift today (6am to 6pm) I, in desperation, turned my computer on to see anyone was on the chat forum so that I could possibly find someone to have association with.  I, myself, am a very new member to the Worthy Christian community.  Actually joined on Saturday morning Jan 20th of 2019 (after a very angry prayer with the God himself and our lord and Savior Jesus).  One of the moderators, Watchman, was very inviting and encouraging from the very onset.  The following day Watchman and I engaged in a very "real life" powerful conversation (extremely bible base) on a particular subject matter.  Towards the end of our discussion; Watchman had suggested that i explore some of the other features noted on the "home page" of the Worthy Christian Ministries. Hence, I find myself here, sending/sharing this note spiritual humanity with you.

I was struck with awe.  Upon reading the title of your commentary ("Lost and Alone") I saw (read) an exact image of myself.  It was as if you had taken the words right out of my heart.

The main reason I found myself praying for and joining this chat forum was because I could not find in people (whether in the faith or not) what I found in God and His son (Our lord and Savior Jesus).   People who at least try. (for crying out loud . . . at least TRY!)  I invite you (as I have done with any and everyone) to read my profile.  I hide nothing.  My profile will express the who, what, and why I am.  (Some of what I may state here may be found also in my profile "letter of introduction")  What I mean by at least "trying" is . . . people who share my belief.  That God is Love (1John 4:8). That the way He designed this whole existence is based on "love in action"; in saying it, doing/showing it, and endeavoring towards the greater good of it (Gen 1:31)  I bare my soul when I say that I ache for that kind of "love" to exist among peoples today (Matt 5:3-6)  Especially from those professing faith (John 13:35)  Please, I pray you fully understand when I declare that "I not only believe in God.  I believe in what He SAYS." No if's or buts about it.  That I would rather LIVE MY PRAYERS than just SAY THEM. That His word is a guide for life . . . every aspect of my life (2Tim 3:16 and John 2:17)  

I often feel "Lost and Alone" in my want to live my life in accordance to the above mentioned ideals of God's love. There are some verses that MOVE ME dearly and have molded my thinking . . . perhaps you will recall them . . . John 4:24, 1John 4:8, 1John 4:18,19 (even through verse 21) I had made a decision (came to a conclusion) that "the only right we have is to do what is right" . . . because it is the right thing to do. To constantly live my life (as best as I can) by putting a verse behind it . . . and living it. 

In doing so . . . I found my humanity. I found the humanity in others (in you). I found myself. I found my creator. His power (Hebrews 4:12) His love (John 3:16) His power knowledge (Proverbs 1:1-7 . . . especially verse 7) His truth (John 4:24) 

I don't go to church. Never have (really). I've gone to one or two, by invitation, but was "turned off" badly.  How this zeal for the Lord come about??? (you may wonder) . . . just by reading God's word. (along with the natural yearning to research).  There are two life changing experiences that moved me study God's word that I was able to share with the moderator Watchman.  Perhaps, one day, you will invite me to share them with you also . . . if your faith moves you to inquire. But it all boils down to this (base on another, rather simple, life changing experience) John 12:47 . . . (also 48-50) and Matt 22:37-40

You feel "Lost and Alone" because many of the persons that have paraded themselves around your life have failed to answer some pretty simple questions that your inner soul has been wanting to heard someone some give an answer to . . . and it's the same question that I ask anyone who professes to love God, Christ Jesus, and the ideals of his kingdom . . . Do you love me? Why do you love me? Do you promise to commit yourself to loving me (according to God's will) in such a way that . . . anything you say, do, intent, and endeavor . . . that I should walk away A BETTER PERSON in loving God, my neighbor, and his kingdom?

I can't fathom a lover of God not being able to answer those questions . . . To answer those questions LOUD AND CLEAR with details (not with fancy words or spiritual flattery) To answer those questions in such a way that they includes a part of your being who you are needing and wanting to be RECOGNIZED (as the beautiful/powerful person that God created), APPRECIATED (the marvelous way/and things you are, have done, and are gifted with talents to share), NEEDED/A PART OF (in participation of any life endeavor for good . . . in a group or one on one situation), LOVED (physically health wise, romantically, or spiritually), FORGIVEN (as you have endeavored to forgive others), and REMEMBERED (with fondness and respect).  Those are just the six basic "inner drives" that when fulfilled makes us feel validated, valued, and imbued with a sense of meaning and purpose. The things that make us feel good about being made in God's image, likeness, and being (in our own unique way and for his purpose and will); there are I assess 23 drives altogether, but that would be another conversation in itself.    Ask any and all who profess to love God and His son those questions . . . and  . . . feel yourself "Lost and Alone", or, encouraged, inspired, included, and reminded that God loves you through the actions and directions of those who follow His will (James 1:22-27 James 2:14-26)

I share this with you, and I sincerely and prayerfully thank you for enduring this long note of "identifying with your "LOST AND ALONE"", because I care. Because, I also, on many occasions feel "Lost and Alone."  Because I long to hear someone say to me, what Jesus said to the man with the withered hand (and on another occasion to a leper) when the man with the withered hand said, "if you want to . . . you can make me well" and Jesus said, "I want to."

So to you I say, "I want to."

I "want to" be your friend. To be your friend in Christ. To be your friend in the race to the finish line as Paul had mentioned. (Hebrews 12:1,2) Why??? I have already answered those questions long before you posted that commentary. Because God's word didn't give me a choice or an option . . . it said, "you MUST love your neighbor as yourself." Why and how could a total stranger say he loves me? Because this total stranger doesn't have to see your face, you heart, or inner being to know that you were "made in God's image".  You are someone who is to be respected, recognized, appreciated, loved, made a part of, loved physically and emotionally forgiven and remembered the same way God does. Because, as the flower/tree of life that you are . . . you are a life giver . . . and unlike Cain, who killed his brother, I acknowledge that you are in need (although perhaps in different amounts) of the water, sunshine, and cultivating of the terrain meant for you in order for you to grow as a person and in the purpose God created you to be . . . just like everyone else. You are God's property (a person chosen for his will (Romans 8:28)  Because when I look in the mirror . . . I not only see myself . . . I see you . . . I see the reflection of image, likeness, and being that God created.  I don't see a "card carrying" member, a title/position, or a tally of who has done more than the next.  I see a sister in christ who is in trapped in the same satanic riddled world trying I was born into trying to win goal of eternal life . . . so that we can prove Satan a liar and give God and Christ our savior the victory.  Because my "friend" can sure use a kindly reminder that the fruits of the spirits do work  . . . that her efforts in Love, mercy, honesty, self control, communication, faith, kindness, self sacrifice,  and obedience to the lord are not unnoticed or taken for granted.  Friends don't take each other for granted or apply themselves to just usury when convenient.  Never learned the Christ to be so. And yes, I do promise, that in everything I do, say, intent, and endeavor . . . . . . that you walk away a better person.  That you would not walk away "Lost and Alone."  I pray to hear from you.  I pray for Lord and Savior's blessing be with every undertaking.  I pray that I may be a part of the beautiful, positive, and becoming that the Lord has in store for you.  May the Lord be with the spirit you show. Blessings Always from a guy who is also "lost and alone" . . . .  but found in Christ. 

Edited by usedsins61
correction in sentence structure and grammar