Marlene S

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

I want to contribute something positive here on this Forum, in this Thread. This is very challenging for me to be so open with my thoughts, so this will be about seeking after knowledge... outside the Bible. Many, if not most Christians do not usually seek after other religious texts to gain greater perspective of the Bible. What I mean is that the Bible is very difficult to understand in many places, because sometimes the words gives us a glimpse of something and then there is nothing else said about it.

Take Gen 6 concerning GIANTS, nothing was really said about them, but then the Books of Enoch were purposely omitted from the Bible, and you will learn all about GIANTS from him. I became interested in GIANTS and have learned a lot about them, both from the Bible and from Mythology and Legends.

In my search for knowledge, I have found many ancient religious texts. I will say that I do not automatically believe them. The Bible is my foundation and all things must be a part of Scripture. Some of the texts I have found very interesting to my Christian walk - The Martyrdom of Isaiah. What I found interesting about it was that he had a vision of Christ coming down through the Heavens on His way to Jesus who was at the River Jordan being baptized.

I have also found the Gospel of Joseph when he died and Jesus buries him, and had to contend with Satan for his soul. There are so many interesting texts out there that are good reading. You do need a discerning mind to seek after spiritual knowledge outside of Scripture. What is Scripture? is it only the Books of the Old and New Testaments?

What I have found in my seeking after knowledge in Truth is that there is a very deliberate conspiracy to keep important spiritual Christian knowledge away from the Followers of Christ and out of the world. This world-system is under the power of Satan, he rules here and gives power to those who rule here, when they follow him. The Truth destroys the Darkness and Ignorance, and Satan wants to keep us all blind and ignorant of Christ and the salvation He offers to mankind.

I also learned in my seeking that the Vatican has a treasure trove of antiquities, including things we should have as Christians. I was also a Catholic until the age of eighteen when I renounced the Church three times, and in my mind and heart I am no longer a Catholic... it works for me. I went looking for Christ because I needed Him and I found Him.

About a year ago I found an article about an ancient text the Vatican had just released to the public after more than 1,500 years. It is easy to see why they hid this Gospel from us, however it is available today. Not even King James knew about it. It is not very long.

Have you ever wondered what Christ Jesus did on those three days he was in Hell? Would you believe that just about everyone, from Adam to John the Baptist, were all found in Hell? Very few went to Heaven: Abraham, Moses, Jacob, Joseph, Mary and others, but the Old Testament prophets did not go to Heaven.

Remember also that Paradise was guarded and Jesus told the Thief that 'today, you will be with be in Paradise'. What happened to the thief, did he make it to Paradise? Is the Angel with the Flaming Sword no longer guarding the Gates of paradise? Only Enoch and Elijah entered Paradise before Christ went down into Hell and set the captives free. :)

Remember also that when Jesus died and the earthquake happened, some graves were opened and there were those who were resurrected from the dead. The Bible does not give any further details about these ones? Who were they? What type of body did they have and are they still on Earth? What happened to these people?

Only Jesus saves. The Prophets did not know Jesus. They prophesied about Him, but they did not know Him. They did not have true understanding of what they prophesied concerning Him.

I found the Gospel of Nicodemus and I believe it is one of the most important Gospels there is. You can read it here on pdf. You should also become book-binders, so  many important work out there, slowly being released to us... and in the Last Days, knowledge shall increase. Peace and Love to all in Christ Jesus. M.

The Gospel Of Nicodemus.pdf (PDFy mirror)

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

wisdom can be found elsewhere but u shouldnt believe agnostic gospels, it good u have an open mind but u may be better off reading shakespear, dickens and homer

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Oh, nevermind.  I erased my post.

Edited by Jayne

6 hours ago, noblenut said:

wisdom can be found elsewhere but u shouldnt believe agnostic gospels, it good u have an open mind but u may be better off reading shakespear, dickens and homer

Have you read The Gospel of Nicodemus? That is the one I am referencing here and if you read on the history of the text, it says that it had been kept in the Vatican since the beginning. It is said to be authentic. I do not see anything in it that goes against Scripture.

I have also read Shakespeare, Dickens and Homer and though interesting, they offer nothing on the Kingdom or Christ. M.

Marlene, I have read the first passage of the gospel of Nicodemus.

I took issue with it from the first sentence. "Christ accused to Pilate by the Jews of healing on the Sabbath" - and then it goes on to describe Pilate's question about the dissolution of the Sabbath by Christ and the Jews answering of their laws forbidding the healing or "cures" on the Sabbath.   Then they claim Jesus healed those people by "wicked" means.  Pilate then asks them what they mean by that and they accuse him to Pilate of working by means of the devil.  Pilate then says that casting out devils would seem to come from God not other devils.

Marlene, that conversation never took place.  

Christ has six separate trials.  In not one of them was he accused to the Jews nor to the Roman government of healing on the Sabbath even though he did and it made the Jews angry. 

• [1] Jesus before Annas = John 18.  Jesus was questioned about two things here.  His disciples and his teachings.
  • [2] Jesus before Caiaphas = Matthew 26.  The Sanhedrin looked for false charges but could find none.  Healing on the Sabbath never even came up.  Caiaphas finally demands that Jesus tell if he is the Messiah or not.  Jesus says, "You have said it and you will see me on the right hand of the Mighty One and coming in the clouds"  That's when Caiaphas tore his robe, accused Jesus of blasphemy, and declared the death penalty.
  • [3] Jesus before the Sanhedrin = Matthew 27.  Early the next morning, the Sanhedrin, with Jesus there, decided on the manner of execution.  They bound Jesus and took him to Pilate.

In all three parts of the Jewish trial, Jesus' healing on the Sabbath was never mentioned.

• [4] Jesus before Pilate = Luke 23.  The charges against Jesus to Pilate are - [1] subverting the nation, [2] refusing to pay taxes to Caesar, [3] stirring up the people with his teachings, and [4] claiming to be a King.  Pilate found him not guilty and sent him to Herod.
  • [5] Jesus before Herod = Luke 23.  No additional charges are brought.  Herod is only disappointed that Jesus won't talk to him or perform any miracles.  They dress him up as a king to mock him and send him back to Herod.
  • [6] Jesus before Pilate again - Luke 23.  Pilate repeats the charge of "inciting the people to rebellion".  Again he repeats that he finds no basis of any charge in Jesus.

In all three parts of the Roman trial, Jesus' healing on the Sabbath was never mentioned.

Edited by Jayne

Oh, and then there is the section where Jesus tells Pilate that he was come here to bear witness to the truth and that everyone on the side of truth listens to him.   OK, that's in the Bible, too.  But....

I.  In the Bible, it's obvious that Pilate isn't interesting in the truth as he eventually sends Jesus to the cross.  So he asks a rhetorical question, "What is truth?"  Actually, he is making a statement that truth cannot be found - it's subjective.  He isn't asking for Jesus to explain the truth to him.

The Bible says that Pilate makes that statement and then directly turns away from Jesus to go to the Jews again and speak to them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

II.  In this "gospel of Nicodemus", Pilate is asking a question and waiting for an answer.  Jesus answers him, "Truth comes from heaven" and Pilate responds, "then it isn't on earth."  Then Jesus explains to him that truth IS found on earth.  And it's in those who have "power of judgment" and it helps them make the right judgment calls.

What does that even mean? It doesn't sound like the truth of Christ that he came to teach.  It sounds like, in this pseudographical book that Jesus is trying to tell Pilate to "make the right call" and let him go free.  

I urge you to turn from this book.  

Edited by Jayne

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,600
  • Content Per Day:  2.00

On 1/2/2019 at 3:18 PM, Marlene S said:

but the Old Testament prophets did not go to Heaven.

I think you are off. Elijah is an OT prophet and clearly he went to heaven.

On 1/2/2019 at 3:18 PM, Marlene S said:

The Prophets did not know Jesus. They prophesied about Him, but they did not know Him. They did not have true understanding of what they prophesied concerning Him.

That's just not right. 

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever.

The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this. - Isaiah 9

Sure sounds like Isaiah knew exactly who Jesus is. And there is so much more in the KJV that proves all the OT saints and prophets knew Jesus.

There might be a good reason we have the canon extant, because our Father is in complete control.

There is a reason millions have given all for the faith of Jesus found in the Word, because it's real and alive. I don't remember seeing millions going to certain death for their faith in 'hidden gospels' held by what is arguably the most corrupt religion to ever exist.

Shoulda posted the OP to reddit instead of here, imo.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/5/2019 at 6:07 PM, Diaste said:

I think you are off. Elijah is an OT prophet and clearly he went to heaven.

That's just not right. 

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever.

The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this. - Isaiah 9

Sure sounds like Isaiah knew exactly who Jesus is. And there is so much more in the KJV that proves all the OT saints and prophets knew Jesus.

There might be a good reason we have the canon extant, because our Father is in complete control.

There is a reason millions have given all for the faith of Jesus found in the Word, because it's real and alive. I don't remember seeing millions going to certain death for their faith in 'hidden gospels' held by what is arguably the most corrupt religion to ever exist.

Shoulda posted the OP to reddit instead of here, imo.

The prophets did not know Christ, they knew of Him and they did prophecy concerning Him. They recognized that they prophesied about Him when they saw Him. That is what I meant. As A Follower of Christ, we develop a personal relationship with Him. They did not know Him, mainly because He did not come in their time. The understanding came when they actually saw Him. Just like His disciples came to truly understand after His resurrection when He visited them.

It is just like a lot of Christians today, they believe and know the prophecies, however they still have yet to develop a personal relationship with Christ in order to really know Him.

How can Elijah be in Heaven... he did not die. His spirit is already here among us.

This thread was about the 'Gospel Of Nicodemus" Have you read it? Just curious. The Gospel of Nicodemus was hidden by the Vatican from the beginning. Recently, the Vatican released some texts they had kept hidden for more than 1,7oo years. The Gospel of Nicodemus was on of those releases and it was used by the early Christian Church in their teachings. It is easy to see why the gospel was removed and hidden.

After reading it several times, I have not found that there is anything contrary to the account of Jesus' trial and crucifixion. There is only more details from Pilate who had the gospel as part of his official record and Nicodemus who was actually there.

I am not telling you to believe it or not. I was simply presenting it as a book of interest to Christians. It is also not a Gnostic or Agnostic text. You should read its provenance. M.

Edited by Marlene S