nobleseed

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Christians seem to be of the mindset that it is impossible to keep from sin, but the scriptures tell us to do just that, has God set us an impossible task or are we enabled by him and given what we need to do just that

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

u are stop on, i agree with everything u said, we will never be perfect but can work on our imperfections

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

When you understand that all of your sins are forgiven and you are free to do whatever you want, it’s a funny thing—- you don’t WANT to sin anymore. It takes a “ heart transplant” to understand this.Dont adopt this freedom lifestyle unless you have had the operation that only God can perform.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

12 hours ago, noblenut said:

Christians seem to be of the mindset that it is impossible to keep from sin, but the scriptures tell us to do just that, has God set us an impossible task or are we enabled by him and given what we need to do just that

If you are referring to voluntary sins/evil-works/Law-breaking, then the answer is yes, ie it is possible for anyone to keep from sin or evil-doing or lawlessness, whether Christians or non-Christians(= Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, atheists, etc). Some "Christians" may behave even worse than non-Christians wrt sins/evil-works/Law-breaking.

If you are referring to involuntary sins-in-the-heart or sinful/evil/satanic thoughts, then the answer is no, ie it is impossible for anyone to keep from such sin. Such is our inherited Adam's Original Sin that will be sending everyone of us to hell when we die.(MATTHEW.5:27-30, ROMANS.3:23)

To be saved from hell, people need to rely solely on faith in Jesus Christ, and not on their good works of keeping from sin or keeping the Law because their inherited Adam's Original Sin has to be atoned for.(GALATIANS.2:16-17, ROMANS.5:12, HEBREWS.9:22, LEVITICUS.17:11) .......

MATTHEW.19:16-22 (NKJV) Jesus Counsels the Rich Young Ruler

16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”

17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

18 He said to Him, “Which ones?”

Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

20 The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?”

21 Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

ROMANS.2:1-16 God’s Righteous Judgment

2 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. 2 But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things. 3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: 7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, 9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God.

12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Edited by discipler777

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

How much sin can a person have and still make ?

If the Lord  is taking our heart to heaven  and I am still a sinner , I will also be a sinner in heaven.

How pure does a heart has to be before it goes to heaven ?

So does all good sinners go to heaven ?

Is God saying "oh do the best you can I will fix it up here"

I thought that is why God sent Jesus to fix it when he came down here to help us get the victory over a sinful life.

He also gave us power through the Holy Spirit to overcome.

For most believers, sinners goes to heaven, because they never met anybody living above sin, so that is why it must be so. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

6 minutes ago, Bible_Gazer said:

How much sin can a person have and still make ?

If the Lord  is taking our heart to heaven  and I am still a sinner , I will also be a sinner in heaven.

How pure does a heart has to be before it goes to heaven ?

So does all good sinners go to heaven ?

Is God saying "oh do the best you can I will fix it up here"

I thought that is why God sent Jesus to fix it when he came down here to help us get the victory over a sinful life.

He also gave us power through the Holy Spirit to overcome.

For most believers, sinners goes to heaven, because they never met anybody living above sin, so that is why it must be so. 

Sin has consequences.

For inherited Adam's Original Sin, the consequence is eternal spiritual separation from God or being bound for hell when one dies.(GENESIS.2:17 & 3:14-19, ROMANS.5:12) The sacrifice of Jesus Christ atoned for this inherited and unintentional sin = believers are saved from hell.

For willful or intentional sins/evil-works/Law-breaking, the consequences are being cursed/judged/punished by God, eg with calamities, terrors, sickness, loss, depression, etc.(DEUT.28:15, 1COR.11:30 & 5:5, 1JOHN.5:16-17, ROMANS.2:5-10) But God/Jesus has the authority and discretion to remove such curses, eg healing and exorcism, King David and Paul were spared their immediate lives for committing murder. Normally, God just allow the law to run its course, eg convicted murderers are executed, convicted robbers/rapists are jailed and traffic offenders are fined. 

The above 2 sins should be looked at differently, eg even though the convicted Jewish robber who was crucified next to Jesus at LUKE.23:43 had to suffer and die young for his sin of robbery, he was still saved from hell through his repentance and belief in Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, discipler777 said:

Sin has consequences.

For inherited Adam's Original Sin, the consequence is eternal spiritual separation from God or being bound for hell when one dies.(GENESIS.2:17 & 3:14-19, ROMANS.5:12) The sacrifice of Jesus Christ atoned for this inherited and unintentional sin = believers are saved from hell.

For willful or intentional sins/evil-works/Law-breaking, the consequences are being cursed/judged/punished by God, eg with calamities, terrors, sickness, loss, depression, etc.(DEUT.28:15, 1COR.11:30 & 5:5, 1JOHN.5:16-17, ROMANS.2:5-10) But God/Jesus has the authority and discretion to remove such curses, eg healing and exorcism, King David and Paul were spared their immediate lives for committing murder. Normally, God just allow the law to run its course, eg convicted murderers are executed, convicted robbers/rapists are jailed and traffic offenders are fined. 

The above 2 sins should be looked at differently, eg even though the convicted Jewish robber who was crucified next to Jesus at LUKE.23:43 had to suffer and die young for his sin of robbery, he was still saved from hell through his repentance and belief in Jesus Christ.

Under the OT before Jesus came the OT saints had laws. OT Saints were charged for their own sins they committed. They had a choice to do right but they were weak in the flesh. No power in the laws to live above sin. Till Jesus came. They went to the grave because they came short of the promise, as mentioned in Hebrews 11.  The death penalty was passed on same as Adam. We sin we die as Adam did. OT Saints had a resurrection coming for them.

Adam didn't have a sin nature yet he broke the law of God because of his own free will desire.

So can we now thru Jesus Christ control our desire in our heart ? If not, what did Jesus do that made it different from the OT saints, he gave us power so we can become perfect, the Mosaic Law couldn't do this.  Heb. 10:1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

For those who believe in sinless perfection in Christians.....what do you call the bad things you do from time to time?  The bad thoughts you have from time to time?  The prideful moments?  Jealousies?  Scorn?  The road rage?  The little white lies [which are the same as whoppers]?

What do you call those things?

2 hours ago, Jayne said:

For those who believe in sinless perfection in Christians.....what do you call the bad things you do from time to time?  The bad thoughts you have from time to time?  The prideful moments?  Jealousies?  Scorn?  The road rage?  The little white lies [which are the same as whoppers]?

Those are sinful stuff that is not allowed in our life.  Can't take that kind of stuff to heaven with us, from what I read in the bible. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Jayne said:

Nice list......you could even add “ worry” to that list,  because to worry is also a sin. “ Don’t worry about anything , but pray about everything” And how about the “ sins of OMISSION” ? I have never met the most strident Legalists who ever wanted to go “ there”

We would be better off to do it God’s way.......do the same things with our sins that God does —-put them on the Cross ! Swallow your human pride and accept God’s Grace.....it is the only way that anybody is going to make it.ALL sins are forgiven ......cash into that fact by simply believing the Gospel which is Christ died for your sins and rose from the dead 1cor15:1-4  .Rest in the finished work of the Cross.NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD.

• Thumbs Up 1