• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Bible_Gazer said:

Those are sinful stuff that is not allowed in our life.  Can't take that kind of stuff to heaven with us, from what I read in the bible. 

So, you don't sin?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

In Romans 4, we are told that God does not hold us accountable , any longer for our sins".

And why is this?

Its because the law has been abolished, and the blood Atonement, has been applied to us, in place of the Law's ability to condemn us and to brand us and judge us as "sinners".

Its a very sad , and truthfully pathetic situation, that in the Body of Christ, there is such a non-understanding of a few basic principles regarding "Grace,  "The Atonement", and what this has done for us, the born again.

And it is because there is such biblical ignorance, such weak theology, or worse....that believers, most, have no idea of their position within the Family of God.

Most Preachers don't teach it, and Teachers dont preach it, and that is why there is just such darkness and doctrinal -theological misunderstanding, when it comes to the New Testament revelation regarding your eternal life and your STATUS as a "son of God".

Very simply.....2 things to understand.

1. "Where there is no law, there is no sin.....no transgression"......and Jesus took the law, He abolished it.......He hung it on His Cross, and it is GONE, regarding its power or authority, to condemn you or hold you accountable as a "sinner".

God cannot view a born again person, as sinful, or as a sinner, because the only means to judge you, THE LAW, ... has been removed by the Blood of Jesus.

"Blessed is the born again person, to whom GOD will not hold them accountable in eternity for their SIN"..... This is Romans 4:8

See, it was the LAW that was accusing you, was condemning you, and was holding you accountable for your sin......as you were "under it".....you were under its authority to judge you, before you were born again.

But thats GONE NOW.......there is no Law that can judge you a sinner anymore, as the law has been abolished......it has lost its power to judge, because JESUS has died for your sin so that the Law can no longer judge you for them, as HE has been judged for them, on the Cross.

= Salvation.

2.) This means that God cannot hold you accountable in eternity,  for what Christ has died for already, which is, your sin.

Saint.......God cannot and will not judge you both., as He has already Judged Jesus for your sin on Earth, so that you will never face Him as your JUDGE in Heaven.

This is why God is your Father, and not your judge, IF you are born again...... But if you are not born again, then your sin is not atoned for by the Blood, and if you die and meet God, you will be judged..

See, the Born Again will meet God as "Abba", as Daddy, as Father........ and the Lost, the unsaved, the Christ rejecting, will meet him as JUDGE...........John 3:36

The unsaved, "fall into the hands of the living God, and its a fearful thing.."........But the born again fall into the wide open arms of a Living Savior, who has spread them out on a Cross and paid the price for them so that they are eternally accepted by God, into God's family,=  ALREADY... = Done Deal.

You, the believer, the born again, the child of God, the Saint of God, the redeemed,  should not even think of your misdeeds as sin.  You should think of them , as Paul states, as "works of the flesh".  And the reason is......you would call them sin, if there was a law that had the power to judge you as a sinner when you do these works of the flesh.......but, there isn't........the Law is gone......it has no power of authority to judge you......ever again.

And freedom from sinning, from committing works of the flesh, from the guilt and condemnation that comes with this,  is rooted in knowing how secure you are in God, and from this appreciation of what God has done for you, you will find that the love you have for God and Christ keeps growing,......... this great appreciation within you..... that comes first and then always with correct understanding and revelation of "GRACE", empowers you to live above the lost, and to WANT TO.....which is the main thing.

Understanding Grace, correctly, empowers you to live the life "in Christ" that God would have for you , which is for you to be Holy.

Understanding Grace, is the key to living the holy life.

This is why you are taught in the NT....>"its good that the heart be established with GRACE, and not with theology, theology, theology, or law.....etc".

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Jayne said:

So, you don't sin?

Trying not to...That does not change anything about what the bible talk abou perfection or about overcoming the flesh. Sin is still sin and it doesn't change the death penalty. If we sin against God we are contrary to his spirit. 

1 hour ago, SelahSong said:

We all fall short of the glory of God, Bible_Gazer.  Even Paul struggled with sin: 

Romans 7:15-20 

15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

BUT, Hallelujah!, we are told in 1 John 1:9 that if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  God longs to be gracious to us and rises to show us compassion.  :emot-heartbeat: Selah . . .

Was Paul talking about when he was the in flesh or in the spirit, read it carefully. The law was weak for the flesh. Did he say he was now in the spiritual in next chapter not in the flesh. So he was weak and in sin under the law before he found Jesus for his help to overcome sin.

As for 1John you must keep asking for giveness. Jesus will keep washing your heart with his words so  we will have a righteous heart that will stop you from sinning anymore against him. 

How could God condemned some of his NT church people if they become not accountable for their sins. He chastise Heb. 12 and tell them to repent or else. Example Rev. 2 and 3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/7/2019 at 11:08 PM, Bible_Gazer said:

Under the OT before Jesus came the OT saints had laws. OT Saints were charged for their own sins they committed. They had a choice to do right but they were weak in the flesh. No power in the laws to live above sin. Till Jesus came. They went to the grave because they came short of the promise, as mentioned in Hebrews 11.  The death penalty was passed on same as Adam. We sin we die as Adam did. OT Saints had a resurrection coming for them.

There is no difference between the OT and NT when a person has committed murder or robbery, ie in both OT and NT times, convicted murderers will be executed or convicted robbers will be jailed or executed. Murder and robbery are intentional or willful sins. Both will likely end up unsaved from hell. The only difference between the OT and NT is the way to be saved from hell.(JOHN.14:1-7)

LUKE.16:19-31 said that the rich young Jewish man of OT times ended up in hell/Hades for unrepentantly and willfully breaking the Law at DEUT.15:11, eg by refusing to provide charities to beggar Lazarus.(cf 1PETER.3:19 & 4:6 = he and other similar Law-breakers had no opportunity to hear the gospel from Jesus Christ while in "prison" in Hades/hell)

Intentional/willful and unintentional sins should be looked at differently.(cf HEB.10:26-31, 1COR.6:9-11, GAL.5:19-21, REV.22:14-15) Inherited Adam's Original Sin is an unintentional sin.(cf LEV.4, 1JOHN.2:1-2 = only repented-of unintentional sins could be atoned for with the blood of animal sacrifices = no need to suffer the curses of God)

Edited by discipler777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

With all due respect, this sounds like someone who claimed that if you died with an unrepented sin on your record, you would be damned for all Eternity.Do you agree with that Docrine? Nothing but the Blood PLUS up-to-date repentance ledger? Personally, I automatically repent when I commit sins that I am aware of.I do this to be at peace , an act done to restore a broken fellowship.It has nothing to do with my Salvation.That issue was taken care of 2000 years ago. Jesus died for ALL of my sins.If I did not believe that, I would be obsessed with repentance like many here are.If I though my Eternal Fate hinged on repentance, I would be worried too.My Eternal Fate is hinged on the Shed Blood and my trust in it.When one realizes that fact, repentace no longer remains the end-all-and -be-all of one’s Christian Walk.Repentance thAt saves is a pure gift of the Holy Spirit— it is that “ change of mind” that reveals to you that you ain’t as hot as you think you are! You are a wretched, lost sinner that needs a Savior.When the Holy Spirit shows you that , then and only then will you have a heart made contrite and ready to receive the Gospel found in 1cor15,1-4 that Jesus has promised will save you if you merely believe it and it alone.Once that is accomplished , there comes another type of repentance in the life of the Believer, an automatic sorrow and regret for sinning that can lead to an abandonment of that sin— it just ain’t worth it anymore.Its  how God changes our “ wants”. We no longer “ want” to do those things that displease our Father who has showed us so much mercy.The Grace of God covers our sins until we make it  to our True Home. Repentance has its place, but one should never think that “ sorrow and regret” or vowing to never do a certain sin again ever saved anyone or kept anyone saved.Rest in the finished work of the Cross and watch those old sins fade away without you working and worrying so hard about it.

Edited by George
Removed specifically named people

Does sin and repent , sin and repent, sin and repent, sin and repent does it change us.

Didn't Jesus come to fix the problem of sin and repent ? not just look the other way.

What is sin ? Where does it come from ? Why does it happen ? Jesus said "What come from the heart defiles the man" 

Matthew 15:18-19 (KJV)
18  But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19  For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Proverbs 23:7 (KJV)
7  For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he

2 Corinthians 7:1 (KJV) 1  Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

James 4:8 (KJV) 8  Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

1 John 1:9 (KJV) 9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

How does the cleansing work on our heart ?

Ephesians 5:26 (KJV)
26  That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Forgiveness of our sins or washing our sin away  doesn't change us . We are what we are until we are changed. Jesus can do that if we want to change.

Matthew 5:8 (KJV)
8  Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, SelahSong said:

As believers, we continually fall short of the glory of God and with a repentant heart, we confess our sins to our heavenly Father and He continually forgives us. 

Actually what you believe,  is not not why you  remain saved.

See, what you are saying, and believing, is that you are the one that keeps yourself saved, by doing something.........and that something is "confessing sin".    So, if this is true, then The Cross is meaningless, the Blood Atonement is useless, and what matters, ONLY<  is that you confess your sin, and by doing THAT, you are saying that God will keep you, as long as, and IF you continue to do it.

So, you are basing your eternal life, and your eternal security on "confessing sin", instead of basing  it ONLY on the Blood of Jesus being shed as the means to be saved and the only REASON that God will ever accept you on the day you are saved, or any day after.

God will never accept you, because you confess sin. He will only accept you because the Blood Atonement has been applied to you., and you do not confess sin to get this, or to keep it.

Its a GIFT, and has nothing to do with confessing, or not confessing...sin.

So what you are believing is not salvation.  Its  not Grace.  And it has nothing to do with being born again, or "staying saved".

You do not confess your sin so that God will keep you saved, any more then you confess your sin to become born again.    You confess your sin, if you feel you need to do it, because you have a guilty conscience that is interfering with your fellowship, with your "feelings" that you have, when you think about God and Christ.

We do not save ourselves or keep ourselves saved, by confessing SIN.   But rather we become born again and remain eternally born again for the very same reason, and that reason is because we trusted Christ as our Savior, and God then accepted our faith TO SAVE US.......and this is based not on "confessing sin", but its only based on the Blood of Jesus being applied to us, once and forever.

Edited by Behold
  • Brilliant! 1