nobleseed

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  64

After your a christian, sin separates us from God disrupts the fellowship,  but confession and repentance restores the fellowship as it was prior to the sin.  Keeping in mind that christians have this promise nothing can separate us from the Love of God.  Romans 8 and Prodigal Son parable

Even Peter sinned.  

Galatians 2:11-13 New Living Translation (NLT)

Paul Confronts Peter

11 But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong. 12 When he first arrived, he ate with the Gentile believers, who were not circumcised. But afterward, when some friends of James came, Peter wouldn’t eat with the Gentiles anymore. He was afraid of criticism from these people who insisted on the necessity of circumcision. 13 As a result, other Jewish believers followed Peter’s hypocrisy, and even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy.

I heard this and I like it.  Christians sin less but are not sinless.  

1 John 1:9 makes it clear we can sin.  If we are honest with ourselves we know we are christians and sometimes we sin by what we have done or maybe not done.  God is so good to forgive us and his mercy and love is so great.  I Praise God for his love and forgiveness. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Yes God wants us to be holy and righteous.  He has done that for us legally, but He also has changed our hearts so that we also want to reflect the life of Jesus.  We are being changed from glory to glory as we gaze at Jesus in the word.  

2Co 3:18 ESV But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

But even Paul said he had not attained perfection but he pressed on to the high calling of Jesus.  We will never be perfect as He is until we get to heaven.  As soon as we think we have attained perfection we become self righteous.  We can't see our own faults but everyone else can.  That is why David prayed: 

Psa 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:  Psa 139:24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

It is solely because of the Spirit of Christ dwelling in us that we are worthy of heaven.  Our salvation is a gift because we can't do it in our own strength or righteousness.  That is grace.  We have this Treasure in earthen vessels.  We are made of clay and our only claim to perfection is Christ in us.  

1Co 1:28  ESV God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, 1Co 1:29  so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.

1Co 1:30  And because of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 1Co 1:31  so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

It was said

But even Paul said he had not attained perfection but he pressed on to the high calling of Jesus.  We will never be perfect as He is until we get to heaven.

But Paul did make mentioned that someone was perfect.

Phil.3:15  Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Hebrews 13:20-21 (KJV)
20  Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
21  Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 (KJV)
23  And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Seem like we need to be perfect(blameless) at the coming of our Lord.

It Would take a miracle from God for us if we could become sinless in this life, it would really take the Almighty God's power to do this.     Can he do it ? 

Woe ! Is  Satan stronger tempting our flesh than God giving us the victory over the flesh ? huumm

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

As we go forward in the walk of faith, we must trust God to take us as we are ,where we are and do the work within us that changes us from the inside out.He will continue the work that HE started and will get us to whatever point we need to be at whatever time we need to be there.HE is the potter and we are the clay.We do the best we can with our faith in His Promises and we try out of wisdom to be as obedient as we can be.Having said that— God is the One who has ultimate control AND the ultimate burden—- He has promises to fulfill, despite our weaknesses and rebellion at times.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

Dear Bible-Gazer, if I might be so bold please forgive me if I'm wrong, but it appears to me that you are living in your head, trying to figure it out in your mind, your human understanding, and not allowing the Holy Spirit to work it into your heart. I'm not wanting to sound harsh here, for I can see you're desperately wanting an answer to this quandary to your thinking. The answers have already been shared with you, what you need to do is just to take it to the Lord and ask for clarity, don't be angry. The reality is that we won't be taking Any thoughts of this life with us, "For we shall all be changed, in the twinkling of an eye, mortality will take on Immortality." Behold, old things have passed away, behold, All things have become new. Rest easy in the knowledge that God has got it ALL worked out, don't keep fighting, give it all to Jesus, and in the Power of The Holy Spirit, it will become peace unto you. As always, I hope this helps, God bless.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, George said:

Listen ... I believe there's a great misconception going on.

First, there is a repentance unto salvation ... whereby one turns toward God for salvation.  Do you remember the day you got saved ... for me, it was a unforgettable day.

Now, if you want to live in a consistent state of revival ... you'll live in a lifestyle of repentance ... not for salvation, but rather to stay in a place of refreshing, joy, and love. 

There is a difference.  :)

I sure remember the day I got saved......I turned to God as a lost sinner.Kinda like the Publican, I cried out, “ God have mercy on me, a sinner.”No promises from me to quit sinning, no vow to turn over a new leaf, no repenting of sin in the sense that I was going to make a list of my sins and use  willpower  or anything else to abandon my waywardness and walk the straight and narrow.No promise to keep my repentance record of post- salvation sins up to date to prevent damnation.I offered God nothing.Nothing But my sins. “ Turn to me and I will turn to you” was the promise I believed.I did my part- turn to Him ( repentance) and He did His part- He turned to me ( forgiveness of all sins) All the legalism I had learned from many years of “playing church”, like “ ya gotta repent, quit sinning in order to be saved” did not amount to squat that day.Through the faith of the Shed Blood I gave God my sin and in turn, He gave me the Righteousness of His Son.Only God could or would make an offer like that!I heartily recommend it.NOTHING but the Blood.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Heybro said:

Dear Bible-Gazer, if I might be so bold please forgive me if I'm wrong, but it appears to me that you are living in your head, trying to figure it out in your mind, your human understanding, and not allowing the Holy Spirit to work it into your heart. I'm not wanting to sound harsh here, for I can see you're desperately wanting an answer to this quandary to your thinking. The answers have already been shared with you, what you need to do is just to take it to the Lord and ask for clarity, don't be angry. The reality is that we won't be taking Any thoughts of this life with us, "For we shall all be changed, in the twinkling of an eye, mortality will take on Immortality." Behold, old things have passed away, behold, All things have become new. Rest easy in the knowledge that God has got it ALL worked out, don't keep fighting, give it all to Jesus, and in the Power of The Holy Spirit, it will become peace unto you. As always, I hope this helps, God bless.

If we don't remember what we were delivered from how can we praise him for that ? I do not think he will erase our memories. 

Thank you for your concern bro.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

We are only human. We sin everyday. Each and every one of us. We may not even be aware of our sins. We need to ask God to forgive our sins everyday. We will not be perfect until we get to heaven. Then we will not sin. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

The thing is, that we know now what we've been delivered from, repented and asked forgiveness for our sin. As a consequence of that reality, we are heaven bound and that is sufficient for us. What has transpired this side of Glory will no longer be an issue, for our treasure is IN Heaven. cheers.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

We are only human. We sin everyday. Each and every one of us. We may not even be aware of our sins. We need to ask God to forgive our sins everyday. We will not be perfect until we get to heaven. Then we will not sin. 

GALATIANS.5:19-21 (NKJV) = 19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Not if we sin intentional or willful sins everyday that are also not repented-of = will not inherit the kingdom of God. There is a big difference between intentional or willful sins/evil-works or fruits/Law-breaking and unintentional sins.(cf; MATTHEW.7:15-23)