• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

When the word worship is mentioned in a Christian context I wonder if playing music and singing are the only things that come to mind. Of course there is a lot more to worship than music and singing. In addition to doxa referring to honour  in Luke 14:10, five other Greek words used in the Bible variously translate into the English word worship as follows:

From Vine’s Expository Dictionary Of Old and New Testament Words.

1. Proskuneo: to make obeisance, do reverence to (from pros, towards, and kuneo to kiss).

2. Sebomai: to revere, stressing the feeling of awe or devotion.

3. Sebazomai: to honour religiously.

4. Latreuo: to serve, to render religious service or homage.

5. Eusebeo: to act piously towards (i.e. devout and godly towards whom dutiful regard is due).  

Note: “The worship of God is nowhere defined in Scripture. A consideration of the above verbs shows that it is not confined to praise; broadly it may be considered as the direct acknowledgement to God, of His nature, attributes, ways and claims, whether by the outgoing of the heart in praise and thanksgiving or by deed done in such acknowledgement.”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Michael,

What a great subject - to worship the Lord. And this can be done anywhere, anytime. Music can be a part but of itself it is not worship. Rather it is our heart attitude and voiced honour of our great saviour and Lord - who He is, His character, His great purposes, & what He has accomplished. I think of Adoration, Exaltation, Celebration and Declaration as aspects of our worship.

Marilyn. 

Yes, I believe we are worshipping God when we fellowship as members of the body of Christ in ways that glorify God. I like your list, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:18 PM, Michael37 said:

Yes, I believe we are worshipping God when we fellowship as members of the body of Christ in ways that glorify God. I like your list, Marilyn.

Hi Michael,

Thank you. I thought I`d write on each of the list, or others can too.

Adoration - an honouring of the Lord`s character.

`You are a faithful God, faithfully you have lead me all these years and faithfully taken me through every trial and difficulties of life. Faithfully you are building your Body and bringing it to maturity in you. I give you honour and praise for your unfailing faithfulness to all your creation, and will make it new again.

Even Israel, also your elect, you will faithfully bring through Satan`s diabolic plans to exterminate them. They will again be your chosen nation to rule the world. Your faithfulness `reaches to the clouds` as the Psalmist says and from eternity to eternity.`

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

9 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Michael,

Thank you. I thought I`d write on each of the list, or others can too.

Adoration - an honouring of the Lord`s character.

`You are a faithful God, faithfully you have lead me all these years and faithfully taken me through every trial and difficulties of life. Faithfully you are building your Body and bringing it to maturity in you. I give you honour and praise for your unfailing faithfulness to all your creation, and will make it new again.

Even Israel, also your elect, you will faithfully bring through Satan`s diabolic plans to exterminate them. They will again be your chosen nation to rule the world. Your faithfulness `reaches to the clouds` as the Psalmist says and from eternity to eternity.`

Marilyn.

That's beautiful. Looking forward to more such worship in writing.

• Brilliant! 1

`Lord, you are a righteous God. Righteousness is the very essence of your character. As Moses declared, “Ascribe greatness to our God. He is the Rock, His work is perfect for all His ways are just. A God of truth and without injustice; righteous and upright is He.”

Where would we see & know such righteousness except in your very own character. Your judgments are true and righteous, your rulership is based on righteousness, and you give your righteousness to those who would receive, for `You are our righteousness.`

We know that you will never be unfaithful, untruthful, unmerciful, or unreliable in anything you declare or do. Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and the sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre your kingdom.

May we as your people come to appreciate the foundation of your character, righteousness, and ever look to you to work that in our lives.`

• This is Worthy 3
  • Praise God! 1

`God of love, of kindness, though the mountains will depart, and the hills be removed, we know that your kindness will not depart from us. With your everlasting kindness you have mercy upon us.

We were all unclean, unholy, unrighteous, undeserving, devoid of any merit yet in the fullness of time your loving kindness reached towards us with great compassion.

You who are so regal, king of heaven, reaching out to the unlovely, such is your great kindness, and we but lift our hands in praise and adoration of such love and tender care to us.

In eternity we know that the masterpieces of your divine grace to be exhibited will be your loving kindness towards us through your blessed Son.

May we ever be thankful for your loving kindness in Christ Jesus our Lord.`

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

`Almighty God, you who are high and lofty that inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy. All the myriads of angelic beings bow before you and give you honour. So it astounds us that such a royal, mighty one would have a meek and lowly heart.

As supreme Lord of all you humbled yourself to become a man, to live and labour to uplift us so we might become heirs to life.

Lord when we consider your sovereign Majesty heralded by holy hierarchies, we cannot fathom the love that you displayed with your `meek and lowly` heart, taking on the form of a servant to serve and suffer and be stricken for our guilt, be wounded our transgressions, and bruised for our iniquities.

And there on the cruel cross we know that you could have called a legion of angels, but you harnessed your great might and humbled yourself to death on the cross.

May you work out your `meek & lowly` heart through us, Lord, so that we serve others, helping, encouraging and warning them of the things to come.`

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Yes, I agree that this is a good topic.  Thanks Michael37.  I also see that our service to God (for example, volunteer work; hospitality) is a privilege given by God to help us learn and grow - and given with a whole heart and intention to serve the Lord with all faithfulness and love toward Him and the one/s being served - as true worship.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1