• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully this is the right section for this question, anyway—-

I am having a problem understanding why God made/makes some people slaves/servants and some people princesses and why he tells the slaves/servants to just be good slaves and try to just do good and he tells the same thing to the princesses. ( Or why some people are poor and others are rich, etc. )

It doesn’t seem fair. I want to be a “princess” but I’m not supposed to want that and I’m supposed to just be happy and content and not care that some people are princesses and I’m just a “servant”. 

I’m not happy about it and can anyone explain to me how I’m supposed to not care?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

1 hour ago, Christiangal said:

I am having a problem understanding why God made/makes some people slaves/servants and some people princesses and why he tells the slaves/servants to just be good slaves and try to just do good and he tells the same thing to the princesses. ( Or why some people are poor and others are rich, etc. ) 

It doesn’t seem fair. I want to be a “princess” but I’m not supposed to want that and I’m supposed to just be happy and content and not care that some people are princesses and I’m just a “servant”. 

I’m not happy about it and can anyone explain to me how I’m supposed to not care?

The current state of the world is not what God wanted from the beginning.

There has been the fall, as we learn from Genesis, and since then a lot of things are not as from God's original design.

"The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. If you worship me, it will all be yours." (from luke 4)

"Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--comes not from the Father but from the world. " (from 1 John)

This is so important to understand, otherwise we attribute to the Father traits that he doesn't have, by inferring them from "the ways of the world", something that is not part of His original design, but that He is only "letting happen" after our own choice.

After understanding this crucial point, then we can ask ourselves better what did the Father suggest to us.

As long as we are in the world, but not from the world, the Father suggested us to basically help others and spread the Gospel.

Historical, political and economical scenarios change, but our mission doesn't change.

By keep digging into His Word, (especially the 4 Gospels, the words that Jesus Himself spoke), and praying the Spirit, we can find guidance on how to better conduct our mission and save our souls from a fallen reality which tries to poison us with dreams of "power" and "pride".

This way, with our mission, while helping saving souls we are eagerly awaiting and hastening (2Peter 3:12) the Return of the King, our actual ultimate Hope.

God bless you

Edited by listener24
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,072
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The system we are born into , this earth, has been manipulated by satan so that everything of influence is 180 degrees out of kilter... it is death pretending to be life! When one has come to the end of all that is here and knows there is no life in this place their hearts begin to search in their own heart of death for what can serve them! In all this they only find death serving death and by turning to self that is dead is a hopeless search... all who have cried out to Jesus have come this way. The point in all of this is life cannot be found in the world we have began in nor within ourselves that we were born with... When one can truly say I believe this and begin to learn of Jesus the light dawns upon the heart and through the intake of His Word faith is born into belief and we are made able to leave all that we are and the world that has been everything to us and cry out to Him to come into our hearts and give His Life as our own... When this truly happens we become as His Word says

2 Cor 5:17-6:1

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

541913332_coonhandsaboveheadflat245small.jpg.10d77ab7321948b67167e82eaffa1db9.jpg                                         

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

6 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
KJV
Believe it or not this all things become new is literally all things become rightfully aligned with The Life of God in Christ Jesus... and note what is said about this new life

Mark 10:44-45

44 And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.

45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
KJV

When His Person moves into us by The Power of The Holy Spirit we have this heart and we understand the blessedness of serving and putting others before ourselves - as His Own heart was so now we possess His Heart even in our own by new birth in Him.... this is how we know that He 'IS' within us by the very presence of this reality within

Rom 8:14-17

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
KJV

We have a new value system and hope not of this world nor to the things of this world …. and those who have not but this world they will hate us and persecute us but no matter for we know and have life while they are still of the death that we have been delivered from :) 

• This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Because lifes not fair. And from no fault of God-were the ones who rebelled against God. 

No matter how hard one works, there is always going to be someone better off then you be it financially, materially, better looking (by the worlds standards) and even more popular. 

Which is why were told to appreciate what we have and where were at, to not center our happiness on things of this world. Nothing wrong with setting goals and improving our lives, but if were not content with where we are now, then we will never be content no matter what we do, or do not accomplish.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,537
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, Christiangal said:

Hi, You are not supposed to not care! You are asked, told, commanded even, to stand your post as a soldier in the army of Christ Jesus and to face down envy.  Have the weaponry of God in your hands, on your heart, and within your mind and very soul to do so. Work at it,  train hard as a soldier should train, your life depends upon it. 

Envy is a weapon of the enemy. The enemy uses it to weaken your resolve, to foster discontent, to make you weakened  and even useless as a soldier in our Lord's service.

You do need to know of envy and how it may attack and will weaken you. Your weapon against it is the word of God. Read the word, pray about the word, think about the word, until the word comes to mind every time you are pulled by the enemy into envy, or just wander in thought on your own to envy.  Search out envy in God's word see what envy does in the Bible See the victory over envy. Know your weapon, use it.

Be prepared with the weaponry of God, His word the Bible. Be able to hear in your heart's ear, and see in your mind's eye, the word of God that you may defeat envy. Work at it - read the Bible and pray,  read the Bible and think, and thank God for His mercy and grace upon you. The answers to your question are there, in the Bible. The lessons and examples of others that have faced envy are there in the Bible. Know your weapon. Then envy will have no hold over you It will not defeat you nor ever ruin your countenance again.

Praise God.

May God lighten your heart, sharpen your mind, and lift your spirit, as you read His word written for you.

Ok..... but.... I guess I still don’t get it. But I don’t know what exactly I’m not getting. I love and believe in Jesus. But I want the riches of this world and I don’t have them. And that bothers me. And I don’t get it. I mean, to be honest, I feel like , even if I went to heaven, I would still want to come back to earth and be a princess married to a prince.  I mean, my point is, I know I’m supposed to feel like it doesn’t matter and the riches of this world are worthless. But I don’t feel that way. And I’m just not happy and don’t feel comforted by the “true riches” of Jesus. I just feel.....sad, bitter and angry. 

14 minutes ago, Christiangal said:

Ok..... but.... I guess I still don’t get it. But I don’t know what exactly I’m not getting. I love and believe in Jesus. But I want the riches of this world and I don’t have them. And that bothers me. And I don’t get it. I mean, to be honest, I feel like , even if I went to heaven, I would still want to come back to earth and be a princess married to a prince.  I mean, my point is, I know I’m supposed to feel like it doesn’t matter and the riches of this world are worthless. But I don’t feel that way. And I’m just not happy and don’t feel comforted by the “true riches” of Jesus. I just feel.....sad, bitter and angry. 

If you are sure you are of new birth then you are walking in the flesh and not in the s/Spirit and you give priority to the things that are of the flesh over the things that of The s/Spirit... you will always have the war while here in this unredeemed body but the victory lies in this

Gal 5:16-26

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.
KJV

14 minutes ago, Christiangal said:

I mean, my point is, I know I’m supposed to feel like it doesn’t matter and the riches of this world are worthless. But I don’t feel that way.

God says He feels this way in His heart and so lived... so …. 

Matt 4:1-10

4 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.

3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
KJV
Notice how satan used everything of this world to try to get Jesus to succumb to his will... notice how Jesus relied upon The Scriptures to overcome?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok I get it but I don’t get it. In my stupid mind it seems to me that there would be nothing more wonderful than being in love with a man. That’s what my biggest dream is. To be in love with a man that is in love with me. That’s what I want. More than anything. And I don’t have it. And others do have it. And I’m not supposed to care. But I do. And I’m sad and mad about it. 

Edited by Christiangal

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

There are those who are considered rich in worldly terms, but then there are those who are rich in spirit and faith.

If you look at those who are considered rich and powerful in the world, it is plain enough. You can hardly come into a vast amount of money through clean means; like a tick, they get bigger and bigger by sucking the life out of others. They pay people very little, tax them and charge them much... If you ask a waiter or waitress who tend to be bigger tippers, the rich or the poor, and they will answer that the rich are often very stingy. They get their wealth by taking and not giving. They don't see people, they see wallets. In all this, the "lesser" peoples just kind of scrape by, never having much money and really not being known.

However, is our happiness and peace dependent on how much money we have, how many pretty but empty and hollow words people who are interested only in our wealth spit at us? We must not envy the ones rich in worldly terms, for their heaven is here on earth; likewise, our lives will have turmoil and havoc within them, as our heaven to come is what we seek. That is not to say that we are or must be unhappy, of course.

When you notice how childish and vindictive some people can be about "their" money and how truly little they think of you, you kind of start thinking little of them. Not negatively, per say; I like to think of it like two kids fighting over a Tonka truck. They yank and they pull and they call each other nincompoops, all over a toy, a provisional distraction that they will cease to think of after a few years, if not a day or two. These people get very up-in-arms about their money, something that comes and goes with ease, and it's really quite pointless. To borrow how Ecclesiates puts it, "a chasing of the wind". Do not envy nor hate them, but instead laugh and pity them.

Nay, our happiness lies in our hearts, the things which many of the wordly folk lack. After a days work, you get home to unwind for a few hours, just so happy that it's over; i'd compare the feeling to a really good pee. On your day off, you take a walk by the creek and listen to the sounds of the water and the birds singing - never a better composition. While they huff and they puff and they pull out all of their hair about numbers on a bank statement, we don't have much and we really don't need much. 

As stated previously by SelahSong, you already ARE a princess. The worldly folk, in truth, are blind and naked. Clothe yourself not in fine linens and exquisite jewels in reality, for in spirit, you are already wearing it. Don't get me wrong, I get where you're coming from. Even as a guy, I often wish I were more attractive rather than being so short, pale, and baby-faced. I try to dream of an ideal woman, but that "ideal woman" changes constantly and is honestly unrealistic. If I had money, i'd use it to make my family happy; my dad has always wanted to go to a tropical beach where the waters are clear. 

To me, however, there's a certain peace in the lack thereof. Being not much of a looker and not having much going for me, I don't have women bothering me constantly. I don't drink, but if I was at a bar and some woman in a low-cut shirt walked up to me and said, "hey there handsome, how about you buy me a drink?" I know darn well she just wants a free drink and i'm sure not going to fall for it. I don't want every woman ever, but rather, i'd like the woman who is right for me, the woman who puts all the women who show a little of this and wheedle constantly to shame. I don't see a point in a big house or a nice car, so I only need so much income to get by anyhow. I'm not trying to impress anyone, because i'm not impressive and their opinion of me (if I had worldly things) would be meaningless and empty.

My advice? Just give it time. Take a step back from the situation and view life as a learning experience. I too dream of a woman, but then I realize i'm not really at a point in my life where I even need to be thinking about women. I have to find a secure job. I have to work on myself because, in honest assessment, my personality isn't great. What i'd like to do right now is just focus on finding peace and happiness, and becoming a better person. After all, how can I love others if I lack love for myself? I would recommend the same.

Edited by dr3032
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Christiangal said:

Ok I get it but I don’t get it. In my stupid mind it seems to me that there would be nothing more wonderful than being in love with a man. That’s what my biggest dream is. To be in love with a man that is in love with me. That’s what I want. More than anything. And I don’t have it. And others do have it. And I’m not supposed to care. But I do. And I’m sad and mad about it. 

before all else loved one your love for Jesus must be :)  He truly loves you and wants your heart to be fixed upon the everlasting... as you know marriage as to man an woman does not continue in the eternal state.... here and now it can be without sin but still your love for Him must be more and it is your task as His child to increase in sanctification to actually be so :) 
He is concerned with your hearts desires but cannot fulfill them till they have their priority correct

Ps 37:3-5

3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
KJV

To give this now to you would only encourage you to put your desire as priority number one in the life an He take a second place... this He cannot do because He loves you and wants the perfect relationship of reliance and unity unto Him to be of the purpose to flow out to all else :thumbsup: If you had what you wanted now you would destroy it because of demanded priority of your own heart... many people go on and force this only to find sorrow and grief!