IGNORED

Does anyone think the universe had a begginning.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

,If the universe had a beginning Does God who created all things have a beginning. Or has God and the universe always existed? Is the universe endless. It says God is omnipresent. Would this mean that God is all existent in the universe or an entity that has size and shape yet spirit 

??

If our own planet is less than an atom in the grand scale of our universe who are we? Just things to boggle your brain.   Have fun

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I guess we could be considered an electron flying around our Sun nucleus.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Mike Mclees said:

,If the universe had a beginning Does God who created all things have a beginning. Or has God and the universe always existed? Is the universe endless. It says God is omnipresent. Would this mean that God is all existent in the universe or an entity that has size and shape yet spirit 

??

If our own planet is less than an atom in the grand scale of our universe who are we? Just things to boggle your brain.   Have fun

Read Genesis regarding the beginning of our universe. God has always existed. 

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Read Genesis regarding the beginning of our universe. God has always existed. 

Thank you and you are right for it says both Genesis 1 And John 1:1,2  in the beginning. It says the heaven and the earth were created. So we know that everything we do know and see in the universe had a starting point. Creation then had a point that it began. My question is did God then also have a beginning or was He  from ever lasting to ever lasting even before the beginning of our known universe?

Omnipresent means God is all places at once. This would tend to mean He was and is all places in the universe at once even from the beginning. Genesis does not say that he always existed before creation of the universe. We must assume that. Im not questioning 6000 years either, nor am I an unbeliever. Jesus is My Lord and Savior I have always sought after the big picture. and there is no wrong in that, and if there never was one to seek the questions no one would know anything. God reveals to us as we are able digest.  Who are we in this big picture? We  can't even reach our nearest star 

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Mike Mclees said:

Thank you and you are right for it says both Genesis 1 And John 1:1,2  in the beginning.

Actually Gen 1:1 and John 1:1 are two different beginnings.

Genesis 1:1 states that "in the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth", ...that is telling us that God existed before Creation, ...He had to of already existed to start Creating, that also tells us that time began, came into existence, with creation, because to have time there must be mass, that means it can be weighed, so yes in Creation He not only created the universe, but time and all of the physical laws were created along with it. 

You've hit on the meaning of the second beginning mentioned in John 1:1, that is, God has always existed, think about that, go back in your mind thinking about the beginning of God, keep going until it blows your mind and you can't think about it anymore, ...that is called the vanishing point and that is the meaning of the word beginning in John 1:1, the Word has always existed, even beyond the vanishing point in our minds.

Now, to stir the pot a little, since God has existed without a starting point in Eternity, where did He create the Universe?

If we say somewhere outside of Himself then that negates His omnipresence, logical conclusion..., inside of Himself?

Lord bless

14 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:
14 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Genesis 1:1 states that "in the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth", ...that is telling us that God existed before Creation, ...He had to of already existed to start Creating, that also tells us that time began, came into existence, with creation, because to have time there must be mass, that means it can be weighed, so yes in Creation He not only created the universe, but time and all of the physical laws were created along with it. 

You've hit on the meaning of the second beginning mentioned in John 1:1, that is, God has always existed, think about that, go back in your mind thinking about the beginning of God, keep going until it blows your mind and you can't think about it anymore, ...that is called the vanishing point and that is the meaning of the word beginning in John 1:1, the Word has always existed, even beyond the vanishing point in our minds.

Now, to stir the pot a little, since God has existed without a starting point in Eternity, where did He create the Universe?

If we say somewhere outside of Himself then that negates His omnipresence, logical conclusion..., inside of Himself?

Lord bless

Lord bless

I agree with your last point that the universe was created inside Himself. So is the universe without end, or does it stop as coming to the edge of a circle. What you said about two beginnings I will have to try and wrap my head around it yet. Not sure I understood that clearly. Jesus said I am the Alpha and omega the beginning and the end so how could God always be infinitely 

Be blessed 

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:54 AM, Mike Mclees said:

??

Hi Mike Mclees. The Bible does say that the Universe had a beginning, and secular scientists affirm this.

The Bible shows us that the Universe is in the Presence of God, and the Presence of God is in the Universe. I like the way these Bible quotations literally state God is eternal.

Exo 3:14

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Deu 33:27

The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.

Psa 90:1-2

(1)  A Prayer of Moses the man of God. Lord, you have been our dwelling place in all generations.
(2)  Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, you are God.

Rom 1:20

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

1Ti 1:17

Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Heb 9:14-15

(14)  How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

(15)  And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

I agree with your last point that the universe was created inside Himself. So is the universe without end, or does it stop as coming to the edge of a circle. What you said about two beginnings I will have to try and wrap my head around it yet. Not sure I understood that clearly. Jesus said I am the Alpha and omega the beginning and the end so how could God always be infinitely 

If it stopped, had an end, what would be on the other side? God is infinite...,

Alpha and Omega, ...Alpha the beginning of Eternity, ...Omega, the end of Eternity, ...think about it, both are examples of vanishing points, ...vanishing points were common in Jewish thinking at the time, they called it, ...from Aleph even to Tav, the first and last letters in the Hebrew alphabet, ...John was writing in Greek so he used Alpha and Omega instead of Aleph and Tav. 

We tend to think in the lineal, such as a time line, God isn't lineal, He's more like a geometric plane without end, only extending in all direction from the starting point.

To wrap your head around it start thinking forward or back in time and when you've gone as far as you can you have to eliminate time, ...time doesn't exist in Eternity, ...in fact, in eternity everything is NOW!    ...Vanishing point!!!

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 1/4/2019 at 11:54 AM, Mike Mclees said:

??

The universe is a creation by God, it has a physical beginning. God is spirit He is deity, He has no beginning nor end. The universe is ever expanding having a point of origin and a time of origin, it will expand with time, as long as there is time. We are the creation of God made in his likeness. As to physical size we are comprised of units smaller than even a mustard seed corruptible in make up and function, yet we are given capacity to gain a spiritual body that is perfect and will be with God for all eternity to come for time after time even.

Praise God in His Glory.

• Thumbs Up 1