IGNORED

Does anyone think the universe had a begginning.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

It says in John 17:5  And now Father glorify me in you presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

So God The Father and God the Son were together before the world was created, or does this mean before the creation of the universe. 

It boggles the mind that out of all the expanse of the Universe What makes us and our world special being as a speck of dust in the mist of millions of galaxies God Sent His Son to Save us. Who am I that he would change the coarse of my life and yours from one of death to Life eternal . No man can be prideful but humbled in aw .

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

God the Holy Spirit was, is, and will be. Our God is triune, the Holy Trinity. 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

So God The Father and God the Son were together before the world was created, or does this mean before the creation of the universe. 

The terms world and universe are used interchangably in this context. In a sense the world we experience is also the universe it is in because it has to be in something conducive to itself. Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

God the Holy Spirit was, is, and will be. Our God is triune, the Holy Trinity. 

Yes He is , Forgive me

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi Mike ,

Absolutely; sorry that my own statement reads as being rather blunt, now that I return to it.

I believe I had started to write more fully as I had just finished being at a worship service emphasizing the person of the Holy Spirit, with the Holy Spirit being person and not just a force of God. I started to reread Acts 5, 1 through 11, cirling points emphasizing to me that the Holy Spirit is person.- Got to also looking at Orion and Pleiades.  Must have ended up selecting "Submit Reply" without completing my original fuller intent, and then went sound asleep. I just slept the whole afternoon away!

So I apologize to you. My post sure reads as being way too abrupt, missing the most important point-first and last be kind to each other.

Wow, did I receive and participate in a most wondrous worship service today. Guess it went on for almost two hours, emphasizing the person of the Holy Spirit with the difference in  being  one person of and not  a force of God. The gathering was so packed with the presence of the Holy Spirit this old man sang, got quietly teary eyed, would have raised hands as well as sang if my arms would lift ( Shoulders are just worn out they do not obey reaching up commands anymore).

Anyway, I must be exhausted from  that worship experience today, my what a surprise! I have slept the day away it is just past Sunset already here.

Take care fellow saint, may God bless.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 1/4/2019 at 11:54 AM, Mike Mclees said:

,If the universe had a beginning Does God who created all things have a beginning. Or has God and the universe always existed? Is the universe endless. It says God is omnipresent. Would this mean that God is all existent in the universe or an entity that has size and shape yet spirit 

??

If our own planet is less than an atom in the grand scale of our universe who are we? Just things to boggle your brain.   Have fun

We are of great worth. So Jesus died and rose for us!

God existed before this universe's spacetime and light. Before there was finite time passing here, God was/is. He is therefore "eternal". Does that help?

7 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

We are of great worth. So Jesus died and rose for us!

God existed before this universe's spacetime and light. Before there was finite time passing here, God was/is. He is therefore "eternal". Does that help?

I'm  in agreement with that because it is stated by  Jesus  in scripture. Eternal means always existing, Endless and that same is promised is to us and all who will believe that Jesus rose from the dead so that we would have eternal Life

But when we see or imagine the grand scale of the universe this tiny little planet  where God created intelligent man is special. yet we are as one of the smallest things in Gods creation. That is what boggles the mind.