• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1972

1 Corinthians 6:9

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,

What if someone is kind of a degenerate at first like is described in that verse, but then sincerely repents and changes their ways?  Then can they get into Heaven?

• Group:  Advanced Member

I meant to post this in General Discussion, oops

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 minutes ago, Big Time said:

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,

What if someone is kind of a degenerate at first like is described in that verse, but then sincerely repents and changes their ways?  Then can they get into Heaven?

Hi Big Time. Welcome. Until the Word of God produces faith in us we are all unregenerate. Some may be degenerate. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God and are dead in trespasses and sins but the good news is that the goodness of God leads us to repentance. Since there is salvation in no other name than Jesus Christ, and since no-one comes to faith in Him unless He draws them, when we repent of our sin and turn to God it is because the Word of God is at work in our lives so that by faith we can have access to God's grace and be cleansed of all sin. It's an ongoing walk of faith. 

Isa 1:16-18
(16)  Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
(17)  Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
(18)  Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Eph 2:1-10
(1)  And you has he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
(2)  Wherein in time past you walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience:
(3)  Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
(4)  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
(5)  Even when we were dead in sins, has quickened us together with Christ, (by grace you are saved;)
(6)  And has raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
(7)  That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
(8)  For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(9)  Not of works, lest any man should boast.
(10)  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  66
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  9

178.gif.12486050161370bd26d356049e38cb16.gif

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Big Time said:

Then can they get into Heaven?

Yes/No    Everyone that gets into heaven was just like  those unrighteous you posted above (and myself)  in one way or another, before they were saved from those sins.  So, yes they can, if they repent (change their thinking) and surrender/believe by faith in Jesus and are born again. But no, they won't, if they only clean up their act and act heavenly, but never by faith in Jesus only and were born again.
Jesus is the only way, and not good or great or the greatest works.  Not good enough! (without Jesus)  There's the rub........
This is not to say that believers do not fall into those sins. Their salvation is secure, kept by God, and are in for some serious chastisement from their loving heavenly Father. None of us will be perfect here on earth, we sin, (miss God's mark/target/standard) but as we come to understand just how much Jesus has gone through for us and how much He loves us, we 'want to', strive to do what is 'right'

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, Big Time said:

Nobody will make it to Heaven by “ changing their ways”. One must be PERFECT to enter Heaven.I tried that once or twice and did not fare too well.Fortunately, I stumbled upon a loop- hole called Grace.This Grace was given to me as a free gift . This was made possible because God loved us enough to pay the ultimate high price— it cost God His Son.The Blood Sacrifice Of His Son was worth enough to God that the entire sin debt for Mankind was paid in full , once and for all.God has imputed the Righteousness or Perfection of His Son to us if we have the Wisdom to “ cash- in” on what Christ accomplished at the Cross 2000 years ago.Partake of this great gift by believing The Gospel found in 1Cor15:1-4.Believe Jesus died for your sins and believe that He rose from the dead and you are “ in like Flint”—- a saying nobody uses anymore, but trust me, it is a good thing. NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD.....God bless.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

8 hours ago, Big Time said:

Keep reading brother.

I Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Hallelujah!

God bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

17 hours ago, Big Time said:

Keeping with your question and assuming the person has repented from doing those bad deeds and started doing righteous deeds, then yes, they will get to go to heaven. If they continue disobeying God, then no, they won't. It is a simple question, so makes sense for a simple answer; since this scripture is mainly focusing on works and how these certain ones are bad; therefore they must stop and do what is good by God's standards.

In peace

• Group:  Advanced Member

Thanks guys!  I have messed up a few time, but I always come back to God and repent.  I'm glad it counts.

I also have a friend who is really messed up, but she is at least trying.  I'd like to think she makes it to heaven with me.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Big Time said:

Thanks guys!  I have messed up a few time, but I always come back to God and repent.  I'm glad it counts.

I also have a friend who is really messed up, but she is at least trying.  I'd like to think she makes it to heaven with me.

“ she is trying”....... trying what?  If she or you are trying to “ make it to Heaven” by reforming , or by giving up certain sins and walking the straight and narrow , you have been badly taught.You can accomplish all of these things and go to Hell like a speeding bullet.Obedience is great.God will bless you for it.However, He will not save you because of it, because if you go down that road, you can never be obedient enough.The standard is not outstanding obedience.The Standard is Perfection.Nobody But Jesus has ever met that Standard. Now that HE met the standard, YOU do not HAVE to.What is left for YOU to do is to simply believe that He died for your lack of perfection ( your sins) and He rose from the grave.Its all about HIS BLOOD—not your performance.Perform as well as you can to be blessed— but don’t EVER think your performance and obedience is going to get you saved.NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD for Salvation.....NEVER forget that! God bless.