• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/6/2019 at 9:42 AM, angels4u said:

popular ,,,,, Gap Theory

There is a reason it is called 'popular', and also why it is only a 'theory'.  

It is not correct about two floods,  and there's never been proof, nor even a Godly reason for it.

It is not correct about many things it proposes.,   and it is often found its proponents are anti-Scripture, not from Scripture as they claim.

It is popular because it excites the soulish and entertains the worldly mind and flesh.

It is wrong because it mis-uses so much Scripture, and mis-leads so many people, in many ways.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

2 minutes ago, Cletus said:

I am not supporting the gap theory.  I have, well i will just keep that to myself.  but i think there is scripture to verify there are two floods.  Gen 1:2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.  now if there was no light and darkness was upon the face of the deep... deep what... later it says face of the waters.  It sounds like a flooded mass to me.  how readest thou?

The gap theory source is historically known, and it is not from Yahweh (God).

It looks like false statement or assumption to say "verify", since it was never established - nothing to verify.

"sounds like.... to me" .....   How did hasatan's offer "sound like"  to Eve ?  

That is how so many have been totally deceived by it.

They add to God's Word,  and the results are all the plagues He Says will be(have been) added to them ....

So much more unbelief today than ever before.....  the whole world tossed to and fro....  going after strange fire ....

• Group:  Mars Hill

22 minutes ago, Cletus said:

the word in hebrew for the tree of knowledge of good and evil literally means to close or fasten the eyes... so by eating the fruit that closes or fastens the eyes... your eyes will be opened and will become a god. 

I'm not going to bite.  

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Job 38:4–7 (NIV84)
4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?

Clearly the physical realm / beings were not the first God created as they were present when the

physical realm was created.

Colossians 1:13–16 (NIV84)
13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,
14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

So any [re]plenish the world refs are to that prior creation which may or may not have taken place on

some past version of this Earth. 

Remember there will be a new heaven and new earth (or I see it as a new heaven - earth since we will be with God forever).

Man has come a long way in the sciences. No doubt. But we have a long way to go. And how we interpret the information we gather

makes a huge difference as to whether or not we are right or wrong.

Until Mount St. Helens erupted  in the 1980's we did not think a canyon system like the Grand Canyon could form rapidly.

But a small version of the Grand Canyon formed near Spirit lake when a log jam burst and trapped water filled with sediment was quickly released.

We are discovering (almost daily) that the size of the universe around us is much bigger that we could ever imagine... and we presuppose that it would not take

such a vast universe for this one world to exist the way it does.

Any who study the anthropic principle usually comes away with surprise and a new perspective on how rare this planet is in the scheme of things.

At the heart of the gap theory is the attempt to align the Bible with a belief system that all that exists... exists without a Creator God. And they use chance plus long 

eons of time to promote impossible probabilities as plausible.

If God could create a functioning universe, he could create it fully functional placing needed galaxies at certain distances for gravity purposes or radiation  (he only knows)...

who is to say it took billions and trillions or a googleplex of years... or seven thousand... or a week of 24 hour days?

The speed of light can be surpassed (the super collider at Cern did it). Barry Setterfield and Treaver Norman were reviled by the atheistic scientific community for their paper on the decay of c. (speed of light is slowing down).

All these arguments hinge on the answer how in a universe where the first and second LAWS (not theories, but LAWS) of thermodynamics 

militate against an eternal universe (#2, Maximum Entropy) 

or a universe coming into existence from nothing (#1 Law of Conservation)

yet here it all is. Meaning someone with intelligence enough to design and power enough create a universe

transcending the very laws of physics to do so... done it.

Then the true beliefs of the so called "truth seekers" comes to the surface. They either digitize (tilt) or hide behind subterfuge

like "Evolution is not about biogenesis."

Hah???

So the God who transcends the laws of physics created all things from nothing... has no problem creating it and by our limited capacity to understand things it may all appear older than it actually is.

How old was Adam on day one of his life? Did he appear to be a baby or a full grown man?

And time itself is another subject that man is clueless about (but feigns expertise in). 

Gravity slows time. Proven fact.

What time is it in outer space?

It's not the same as here.

All there is in common is NOW.