• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

All these had to do with His first coming, that is true...........but will be fulfilled again with His second coming.  First it was to Israel (ensample to the church), second time to the church.  The harvest in the end of the age.....first a separation of sheep and goats and a separation of wheat and tares took place in the first century at the end of the age of the Jews....AND this will all be fulfilled a second time in the end of the age of the Gentiles.  First the natural, then the spiritual.  First the earnest of the Spirit, then the fullness.  The gospel to the Jew first, then the Gentile.  There is nothing new under the sun, and what has been will be again.  That seems to wrap it up quite neatly, thanks be to God.

Hi George...   that makes you a partial preterist, that wasn't hard was it. ☺️ There are some 101 time text in the New Testament like the ones I referenced,. all having to do with what preterist believe to be first century fulfillment's. If you want to call it a first coming so be it. I'll let the rest of the prophecies you predicted from scripture for another time. 

As always kind regards

Larry

10 hours ago, WilliamL said:

The kingdom WAS at hand -- and the Jews rejected it, when they "rejected" their king. Can't have a kingdom without a king. 

Mark 8:31 And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed...

Luke 17:25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

Not all the Jews rejected Him, including the Apostles. Not sure what your getting at. Was it this one from Isaiah 53:3 "He was despised and rejected by men"

Colossians 1:13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,

Revelation 1:9 I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:10 PM, George said:

Nobody is predicting the day or the hour the Lord is returning.   But the fact is ... that a simple observation will clearly show my previous points as accurate.  Satan is not bound ... and he's running around, like a lion seeking whom he may devour!   So clearly we are not in the Kingdom of peace promised --YET!  But it is coming!  ;)

On 1/9/2019 at 6:10 PM, George said:

Nobody is predicting the day or the hour the Lord is returning.   But the fact is ... that a simple observation will clearly show my previous points as accurate.  Satan is not bound ... and he's running around, like a lion seeking whom he may devour!   So clearly we are not in the Kingdom of peace promised --YET!  But it is coming!  ;)

The only peace that counts, is peace with God right now, that is your kingdom of Peace.   

Romans 5::1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 

The next is the only verse in the bible that tells us what the kingdom of God is.

Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 

As for our roaring Lion

Romans 16:20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 hour ago, Larry H said:

Hi George...   that makes you a partial preterist, that wasn't hard was it. ☺️ There are some 101 time text in the New Testament like the ones I referenced,. all having to do with what preterist believe to be first century fulfillment's. If you want to call it a first coming so be it. I'll let the rest of the prophecies you predicted from scripture for another time. 

As always kind regards

Larry

I believe you quoted someone else.  ;)

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, Larry H said:

As always kind regards

Larry

okay, if that's where the bouncing ball leads to then fine.  I'm willing to be a partial preterist if you are willing to stop being a full preterist (if you are).  ;)  I hardly know what that means anyhow, as I try to avoid labels...they can be very misleading and miss the mark entirely.  It's just the truth we are seeking after all, not to join camps/denominations/pigeon holes. 

And just to let you know I'm not George...he might not want to be thought of as a partial preterist so thought I better let you know.

But Jesus is coming again in like manner as He was seen going up....there's no way around it, and nor would I want to get around it.  He will appear and every eye will see Him... and there will be a wrap up of history as we know it and the whole earth restored/renewed.  Blessed hope...doesn't it make you happy and hopeful to think of it?  Blessings.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, Larry H said:

The only peace that counts, is peace with God right now, that is your kingdom of Peace.   

Romans 5::1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 

The next is the only verse in the bible that tells us what the kingdom of God is.

Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 

As for our roaring Lion

Romans 16:20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. 

Yes, there are personal fulfillments (His word is alive and active) and spiritual fulfillments.....but also natural fulfillments of these things in real time.  That is why we are to pray for His kingdom to come to earth as it is in heaven........the spiritual realm affects and will affect the natural realm...BIG-time! Ha! ...it gives me hope and makes me happy!  Maranatha, come Lord Jesus!  This wretched war will not go on forever on planet earth, there will be an end to it and victory.  Personally, yes....spiritually..... as well as in the natural realm...when the whole natural realm becomes liberated into immortality and time will be no more.

But be on guard, because the counterfeit will manifest first.  Someone coming in his own name will deceive all who have not received a love of the truth.  So be alert and awake, and above all have a life and heart cleansed of every idol.

• Steward

14 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

But Jesus is coming again in like manner as He was seen going up....there's no way around it, and nor would I want to get around it. 

Act 1:6  So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 

Why?  Because this was a promise that has yet to be fulfilled.  The promises of the throne of David ... the restoration of nations ... all of things are in partial fulfillment ... even TODAY!

Act 1:7  He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. 
Act 1:8  But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” 
Act 1:9  And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. 
Act 1:10  And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, 
Act 1:11  and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.” 

From where?  From the Mount of Olives ...

Zec 14:3  Then the LORD will go out and fight against those nations as when he fights on a day of battle. 
Zec 14:4  On that day his feet shall stand on the Mount of Olives that lies before Jerusalem on the east, and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two from east to west by a very wide valley, so that one half of the Mount shall move northward, and the other half southward. 
Zec 14:5  And you shall flee to the valley of my mountains, for the valley of the mountains shall reach to Azal. And you shall flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD my God will come, and all the holy ones with him. 
Zec 14:6  On that day there shall be no light, cold, or frost. 
Zec 14:7  And there shall be a unique day, which is known to the LORD, neither day nor night, but at evening time there shall be light. 
Zec 14:8  On that day living waters shall flow out from Jerusalem, half of them to the eastern sea and half of them to the western sea. It shall continue in summer as in winter. 
Zec 14:9  And the LORD will be king over all the earth. On that day the LORD will be one and his name one. 

Amazingly ... this has not happened yet ... but soon will!  ;)

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

okay, if that's where the bouncing ball leads to then fine.  I'm willing to be a partial preterist if you are willing to stop being a full preterist (if you are).  ;)  I hardly know what that means anyhow, as I try to avoid labels...they can be very misleading and miss the mark entirely.  It's just the truth we are seeking after all, not to join camps/denominations/pigeon holes. 

And just to let you know I'm not George...he might not want to be thought of as a partial preterist so thought I better let you know.

But Jesus is coming again in like manner as He was seen going up....there's no way around it, and nor would I want to get around it.  He will appear and every eye will see Him... and there will be a wrap up of history as we know it and the whole earth restored/renewed.  Blessed hope...doesn't it make you happy and hopeful to think of it?  Blessings.

I agree He went up in a cloud in like manner returned in a cloud in judgment on an apostate Nation. Just as God did in the OT on Egypt. As one commentator said "He was not riding of a cloud to Disney Land."

Isaiah 19:1 An oracle concerning Egypt: See, the LORD rides on a swift cloud and is coming to Egypt. The idols of Egypt tremble before him, and the hearts of the Egyptians melt within them.

I to don't like labels, but that seems to be the way it comes out when posting. It's a short cut like Trinitarian, to cover ground that's all. I see George with a good sense of humor and in like manner I post. No harm was intended. I would appreciate being called a bible student myself with not all the answers. Just like yourself.

Tell George I apologize  even though I don't think he took it the wrong way.  ;)                       

• Steward

7 minutes ago, Larry H said:

Tell George I apologize  even though I don't think he took it the wrong way.  ;)       

I didn't take it any way ... listen I love you as a brother in the Lord ... and we don't yet see eye to eye on things as of yet, but my hope is that we can have a sincere conversation in love.  :)