IGNORED

WorthyNews:Trump threatens years-long government shutdown, emergency powers to build wall

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - President Donald Trump threatened to keep the U.S. government partially shut for months or years on Friday after he and Democratic leaders failed to resolve their dispute over Trump’s request for $5.6 billion to build a wall on the Mexican border.

After Democratic congressional leaders refused Trump’s requests at a meeting in the White House Situation Room, the Republican president threatened to take the controversial step of declaring a national emergency and building the wall without congressional approval.

Trump is withholding his support for a bill that would fully fund the government until he secures money for the wall. As a result, around 800,000 public workers have been unpaid, with about a quarter of the federal government closed for two weeks. [ Source: Reuters (Read More...) ]

The post Trump threatens years-long government shutdown, emergency powers to build wall appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, PepperS said:

I guess Trump must have given up the notion that Mexico will pay for the wall.

it will drastically slow down the people crossing the border.....   those people that are crossing the border send a lot of money back to Mexico.....    that cash flow stoppage will pay for the wall many times over.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, PepperS said:

Ted Cruz came up with a great idea. Use the money the U.S. has frozen from El Chapo to build the wall. 

I'm not sure it would be legal to do that until he is found guilty of something....   I have not kept up with his situation so I don't really know if he's been prosecuted or not....

It is a very good idea though.

Guest PinkBelt

Border security and the TSA are calling in sick at record numbers. Many have started to drive Uber's since they can not longer feed their kids or pay rent.