• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/5/2019 at 8:42 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I don't believe the members on this forum are capable of having a rational discussion regarding science and faith.

I think most of the problem is that a lot of Christians don't understand the relationship between science and faith.  They are not exclusive concepts and they are very much part of eachother.  

The evidence vs evidence approach typically ends in a stalemate and/or unravels into a shouting match.  

It sucks that more Christians don't understand the truth they wield by standing on the Christian worldview.  It's an irrefutable standpoint when it comes to science, logic and absolute morality.  We interpret evidence according to our worldview and as such, astute philosophers will rarely be swayed by a differing interpretation of said evidence. 

Instead, we have the ability to wreck worldviews (gently of course - see 1 Peter 3:15-16) to show the absurdity of the unbelievers "foundation" of knowledge.   If used appropriately, it can even be used against other religions as well.  If Christianity is true, it must, therefore, be the only one that is true. 

By the way, Jesus was flawless in this tactic whenever He was confronted with criticism. 

Edited by Walk Softly
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Walk Softly said:

I think most of the problem is that a lot of Christians don't understand the relationship between science and faith.  They are not exclusive concepts and they are very much part of each other. 

Yes.

The evidence vs evidence approach typically ends in a stalemate and/or unravels into a shouting match.  

Unfortunately, this is true.

It sucks that more Christians don't understand the truth they wield by standing on the Christian worldview.  It's an irrefutable standpoint when it comes to science, logic and absolute morality.  We interpret evidence according to our worldview and as such, astute philosophers will rarely be swayed by a differing interpretation of said evidence. 

Christians do not agree on the world view.  It is subject to interpretation.  When the evidence is outside one's "comfort zone" for interpreting the evidence without bias.

Instead, we have the ability to wreck worldviews (gently of course - see 1 Peter 3:15-16) to show the absurdity of the unbelievers "foundation" of knowledge.   If used appropriately, it can even be used against other religions as well.  If Christianity is true, it must, therefore, be the only one that is true. 

By the way, Jesus was flawless in this tactic whenever He was confronted with criticism. 

It's a fine line to walk.  Some people can be reached, some others are beyond reach.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

One has to understand the bias of the person one is talking to. nonchristians will not willingly acknowledge anything that implies a creator.

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Who me said:

One has to understand the bias of the person one is talking to. nonchristians will not willingly acknowledge anything that implies a creator.

Sure.  Muslims will have a religious as well as a cultural bias; Hindu and Buddhists as well.  Some scientists will not even acknowledge their creator even though science itself points to the programming language of God in RNA/DNA.

1 hour ago, Who me said:

Exactly.  That's why you have to show the unbeliever that they live a life in direct contradiction to their worldview.  

Even then, often times they still don't accept it, but it's not our job to convince, only expose. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

And that the only reasonable lifestyle/worldview is Christianity.

On 2/10/2019 at 3:30 AM, Who me said:

And that the only reasonable lifestyle/worldview is Christianity.

What does a Christian worldview mean to you?

1 hour ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

What does a Christian worldview mean to you?

What does it mean to you? 

15 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

So you don't know or refuse to pontificate your worldview.  I'll wait.

Thats an interesting response.  Had you asked me previously and maybe I missed it?