• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 hours ago, Cletus said:

because I do not understand this concept.  why or what is a christian worthy of?  to lay our crown at His feet? 

we do not deserve and are not owed the blessings of God.  what then are we worthy of?

You spot on right about the we do not deserve nor are owed the blessings of GOD .   THE simply beauty is , we are made worthy of eternal life , BY CHRIST ALONE .

But it sure never means we deserved it nor deserve it even now .  ITS JUST A GIFT and one which we embrace  with joy IN THE LORD .

What scares me to death is when folks say or imply we deserve this .   NO we done earned what we are worthy of , the second death .

BUT IN CHRIST are counted worthy , made worthy by His blood .    Folks grew up in an age of entiltment syndrome .   

Here is frienduffs class on ENTITLEMENT ONE O ONE .     Here is what we are entitled too from the world ,   persecution , suffering , being hated , even death .

Heres what we are entitled too on our own ,  death and the second death .  

We earned it .    SO NOW YA SEE WHY I SAY PRAISE THE LORD ALL DAY AND NIGHT ,  cause iN HIM we are given what we DONT DESERVE , ENTERNAL LIFE

and IN HIM we are not given what we did earn and deserved , DEATH and the SECOND DEATH .     OH ITS TIME TO PRAISE THE LORD .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Now let me leave us with this reminder .  BUT be not HIGHMINDED ,  but fear , FOR IF GOD spared not the natural branches ,  YA BETTER TAKE HEED LEST HE SPARE NOT YOU EITHER .

BE NOT HIGHMINDED , but rather fear . 

For we are made partakers of Christ , IF we hold the confidence we had at the beginning , steadfast TO THE END .

Let them words sink in and don't forget , ya aint got them crowns yet ,   THOSE given on HIS DAY .   LET all run the race and run so lawfully unto CHRIST .

And beware lest ye be led away with the error of the wicked and fall from your own steadfastness.    LEARN CHRIST , LEARN THAT BIBLE and learn it well and fast .

Cause deceivers show up and many more will too .   THEY GONNA HAVE THEY UNITY one way or another ,   only what a false unity it is .  BEWARE IT AT ALL COSTS .

Their is a dark , dark spirit at work ,  even now it is amongst us and we better be on high alert and major guard for its highly deceptive  .   VERY seducing ,  so deceptive .

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

13 hours ago, Robert William said:

Mike, free will is a Satanic deceptive invention for the purpose of permanently or allowing the majority to reprobate. 

Joshua 24:15 And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

1 Kings 18:21 And Elijah came near to all the people and said, “How long will you go limping between two different opinions? If the Lord is God, follow him; but if Baal, then follow him.” And the people did not answer him a word.

Rev 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.

Deuteronomy 30:19-20 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.”

Ezekiel 18:30-32 “Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, declares the Lord God. Repent and turn from all your transgressions, lest iniquity be your ruin. Cast away from you all the transgressions that you have committed, and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit! Why will you die, O house of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord God; so turn, and live.”

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

If it were not for grace we would not have hope.  We did nothing to be worthy except He loves us

• Loved it! 1

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:19 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I am “ made worthy” by my faith in the Blood of Jesus .NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD...…

The grace of God is a free gift. It does not mean we were worthy of it 

But God commends His love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us  Roman 5:8

• Loved it! 1

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

“let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ” (Phil 1:27)

One of the things that grieves my heart, and I believe the heart of our Lord Jesus too, is that seldom from the pulpits do we hear the “whole counsel of God” anymore. Man made traditions have replaced the call and charge of God to the saints.

I’ve too often heard that ‘we are worthy because He is worthy.’ That may sound good and pleasing to the ear and our carnal nature… but what does the Scripture say?
In fact, what did Jesus say?

“He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.”
- Matt 10:37-39

Must we be proven “worthy” of Jesus by what we do? Must we actually “deny ourselves, pick up our cross daily and follow Him” as He said?
Concerning the Kingdom age, Jesus speaks of “those who are considered worthy to attain to that age and the resurrection from the dead.” (Luke 20:35) Do we really need to be found “worthy” to be raised to the “better resurrection”? Yes.

The Apostle Paul prayed for the saints “that our God will consider you worthy of His calling.” (2Thess 1:11). He exhorted the church “to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called” (Eph 4:1), and “charged every one of you, as a father does his own children, 12 that you would walk worthy of God who calls you into His own Kingdom and glory.” (1Thess 2:11-12). This does not come by an ‘association with Christ’, but by what we actually do; our behavior, our choices, our deeds.

Again, Paul prayed, exhorting those called by God, “that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God” (Col 1:10)

The Lord Jesus, Himself, warns the churches (which includes us) in the Revelation -
“Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you. You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.”
- Rev 3:3-5

Notice who are the ones who “walk with Him in white”: those who had overcome and been found worthy, because they had not defiled their garments. In Truth these were faithful to Him, and proved themselves by their righteous deeds. Oh, I know I’m stepping on some theological toes here… Actually the Angel of God does -

“Let us rejoice and exult and give Him the glory,
for the marriage of the Lamb has come,
and His Bride has made herself ready;
it was granted her to be clothed with fine linen, bright and pure”—
for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.”

- Rev 19:7-8

As throughout the Bible, there is a Kingdom principle of sowing & reaping, even more so with those in the church. What we do determines our destiny. Those who sow to the flesh, even though they were saved and possibly even chosen, will not be among those who “appear with Him” when He returns. Again, as the Word declares, when the Lamb, the Lord of lords and King of kings overcomes the beast, “those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.” (Rev 17:14)

Amen.

Friends, fellow disciples, I do not share this to frighten you, or to belittle your beliefs; but to bring to light what the Word actually says. I’ve read through this thread and seen very little references to Scripture. I know there is a lot of Christianese sayings out there, and I’ve heard plenty over the years, but scarce few are in the Bible. We need to know what God has said. For there is only One Truth, and His Name is Jesus. If we are to believe on Him, we must believe everything He taught as well; otherwise we do not really believe.

God’s wisdom and understanding to us all.

May we be counted among those who are walking worthy today.
Peace & Blessings,
Michael

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

We are worthy if our life and faith reflects that we are His. In John 3:16 believe is more the simple belief It says the devils believe and they fear Him. So believe is an action verb. 

Jesus Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore and pray always that you be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man

• Loved it! 1