• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

5 hours ago, leah777 said:

If you had to draw on someone in self defense, would you try to not kill them if possible, or would you go for the fatal shot first?

If i have to draw, there will be no attempt to wound. All shots willbe center mass and i will keep shooting until the target goes down. Aiming for extremities is never a good idea theyre difficult to hit and theres no garentee it will actually stop the attacker before they can kill you or someone you love, especially if they are on drugs. Which is why i work hard to avoid putting myself in scenarios where i might have to draw my weapon.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

6 hours ago, leah777 said:

If you had to draw on someone in self defense, would you try to not kill them if possible, or would you go for the fatal shot first?

If i have to draw, there will be no attempt to wound. All shots willbe center mass and i will keep shooting until the target goes down. Aiming for extremities is never a good idea theyre difficult to hit and theres no garentee it will actually stop the attacker before they can kill you or someone you love, especially if they are on drugs. Which is why i work hard to avoid putting myself in scenarios where i might have to draw my weapon.

The only exception is if they arnt yet firing/in the act of trying to kill me. If theres a guy standing 30 feet from me with a knife screaming death threats at me, i may just draw and see if the sight of the gun scares him off or at least backs him off enough to talk him down...but if i feel i need to pull the trigger it will be with the intent to remove the threat as quickly and efficiently as possible...which means no warning shots and no extremities. All rounds will be aimed at center mass.

Edited by The_Patriot2018
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I can only say what I would do.  If someone did manage to scale a 6 foot fence in my yard, kick in the door to my house and threaten me and my dogs, meaning to kill me, yes I would kill t protect myself and my dogs.  Yes.  Anyone who would do that means to kill you. I would have no trouble taking care of business.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Is it right? I think it is allowable, not sure that is the same thing. For myself, I do not think I would kill an unbeliever or one whose spriritual status I thought was in question. Now, on the other hand, one that I was convinced was a Christian, I might not worry about so much, meeting Jesus sooner than expected, is not a hardship (except perhaps on those left behind).

Self defense also, is a broad term. Would I kill to prevent getting my nose broken? I sure hope not. Would I kill to prevent myself from being killed? Not sure that even makes sense, I have no great desire to put off my meeting with Jesus.

A similar question might be asked: "Is it right to kill in defense of another?"

There, I am more likely willing to consider that, than protection of my own life, that I do not want to cling to anyway.

More realistically though, it is difficult for me to imagine, that a Christian would want to kill me, unless they are an Arminian or pre-tribber (it is a joke).

Also, it seems unlikely, that if I could kill another, that I would not have the power to wound, mame, or in some other way disable them, and that would be better than taking their life.

31 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

yes I would kill t protect myself and my dogs

You would really kill someone, made in the image of God, someone for whom Christ died, to protect your dogs? Or am I misunderstanding that?

On 1/9/2019 at 10:42 AM, backontrack said:

The world is becoming a more dangerous place to live drugs, gangs, rapes, child exploitation open borders and a list to long to list of evil. Should we arm ourselves with a fire arm,

Well, I do have weapons. I have had most of them for almost 50 years, a few for perhaps, 45 years. About 40years ago, I turned 8 handguns into the police for destruction, mostly so that I could be confident, that they would never fall into the wrong hands and take another life. In  hindsight, I wish I had not done that, as they were certainly collectible and valuable, probably then, and more so now. In all likelihood, some cop or cops, probably kept them for themselves anyway, but this is off subject.

In 1972, I came close to shooting some one, as Patriot describes, center mass, shoot to kill, I was a litteral expert with a handgun, scoring 300 points out of 300 points, on the PPC text, where shots are taken, that are timed, and at various distances, and fro various position. In more careful firing, I could shoot  6 marbles (as targets) out of 6 marbles, at a distance of 25 feet, not a long shot, but it is a small target. In other words, had I fired at the man that I believed was threatening my life (with a 12 gauge shotgun that he has just discharged while making vulgar and angry threats), I likely would not have failed to kill him. In fact, I had gone so far and to have his chest in my sights with the hammer pulled back when he saw the error of his ways and dropped his firearm. I do not even recall, being especially nervous at the time. That could have easily ended in the tragic and needless, loss of life. Than man, I think, had a screw or two loose, he later went on to become a cop, and after 6 months (approximately) was fired. Might have had something to do with the facts that he said "I almost got to shoot a nigger today". After that, he became a professional mercenary. Later still, he made the news, after persuading Ross Perot (a presidential candidate) that there was a conspiracy involving him, which may have helped convince Perot to drop out of the running for the presidency. All that, is another story though, getting off track.

All of this about myself, happened before I was a Christian. Now, human life is more precious, and while I still have some firearms, I never carry them except when I am PLANNING to use them. I do not carry on my person, nor in my car as a general practice. Some to that to be prepared for any situation, I choose to not carry, so that I can avoid the situation of killing another. I have no issue with those who say they want to carry for self defense, or for the protection of others. Good for them, that is their right, and I am glad knowing that probably every home in my neighborhood, as at least one firearm. I do not want to seem firearms prohibited, and for those who do, I would ask them to put a sign in there yard saying this homeowner does not have have any guns. Prohibiting firearms, is like having that sign in the yard, it informs criminals, who do have firearms, were the safe places are to victimize others.

Bottom line is, people have a right to self defense, and they need to weigh these things, and be convinced in their own minds of what is right, and what is best. For me, I am in middle ground. I take the postition, that I want to be armed in my home, but also I recognize that since one in 20,000 people is killed by a gun (and that is not the only way to die) apart from suicide in the United States, the chances that I will ever have to face that situation are so slim, that I would have to laugh at myself if I thought I needed to carry a gun. Even physical assaults are rare, not worth me giving a second thought to, so I let other fret about such things.

Where I should be placing my concerns (and am doing dismally at), is not about my life, but those who might miss eternal life. No matter how much I try to extend my physical life here, it is ultimately temporary, I will lose my present body, someday!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,198
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Well, I do have weapons. I have had most of them for almost 50 years, a few for perhaps, 45 years. About 40years ago, I turned 8 handguns into the police for destruction, mostly so that I could be confident, that they would never fall into the wrong hands and take another life. In  hindsight, I wish I had not done that, as they were certainly collectible and valuable, probably then, and more so now. In all likelihood, some cop or cops, probably kept them for themselves anyway, but this is off subject.

In 1972, I came close to shooting some one, as Patriot describes, center mass, shoot to kill, I was a litteral expert with a handgun, scoring 300 points out of 300 points, on the PPC text, where shots are taken, that are timed, and at various distances, and fro various position. In more careful firing, I could shoot  6 marbles (as targets) out of 6 marbles, at a distance of 25 feet, not a long shot, but it is a small target. In other words, had I fired at the man that I believed was threatening my life (with a 12 gauge shotgun that he has just discharged while making vulgar and angry threats), I likely would not have failed to kill him. In fact, I had gone so far and to have his chest in my sights with the hammer pulled back when he saw the error of his ways and dropped his firearm. I do not even recall, being especially nervous at the time. That could have easily ended in the tragic and needless, loss of life. Than man, I think, had a screw or two loose, he later went on to become a cop, and after 6 months (approximately) was fired. Might have had something to do with the facts that he said "I almost got to shoot a nigger today". After that, he became a professional mercenary. Later still, he made the news, after persuading Ross Perot (a presidential candidate) that there was a conspiracy involving him, which may have helped convince Perot to drop out of the running for the presidency. All that, is another story though, getting off track.

All of this about myself, happened before I was a Christian. Now, human life is more precious, and while I still have some firearms, I never carry them except when I am PLANNING to use them. I do not carry on my person, nor in my car as a general practice. Some to that to be prepared for any situation, I choose to not carry, so that I can avoid the situation of killing another. I have no issue with those who say they want to carry for self defense, or for the protection of others. Good for them, that is their right, and I am glad knowing that probably every home in my neighborhood, as at least one firearm. I do not want to seem firearms prohibited, and for those who do, I would ask them to put a sign in there yard saying this homeowner does not have have any guns. Prohibiting firearms, is like having that sign in the yard, it informs criminals, who do have firearms, were the safe places are to victimize others.

Bottom line is, people have a right to self defense, and they need to weigh these things, and be convinced in their own minds of what is right, and what is best. For me, I am in middle ground. I take the postition, that I want to be armed in my home, but also I recognize that since one in 20,000 people is killed by a gun (and that is not the only way to die) apart from suicide in the United States, the chances that I will ever have to face that situation are so slim, that I would have to laugh at myself if I thought I needed to carry a gun. Even physical assaults are rare, not worth me giving a second thought to, so I let other fret about such things.

Where I should be placing my concerns (and am doing dismally at), is not about my life, but those who might miss eternal life. No matter how much I try to extend my physical life here, it is ultimately temporary, I will lose my present body, someday!

Bible in hand pistol strapped to my side ready for battle ready for shouting the word sword of God blood covered believer .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:36 AM, Steve_S said:

The issue is in the middle of the night if you're awoken by someone breaking into your house, how exactly do you determine what their intentions are?

Who would trust someone who breaks into their home? I would not trust them to just steal.

Jesus said;

John 10:10, The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: ….. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

On 1/9/2019 at 6:05 PM, leah777 said:

Didnt say they were. BUT if I carried a lethal weapon, knowing that in an emergency i would probably kill someone cos i dont have the training to respond defensively any other way, I would not carry one. The odds on me killing someone maybe by mistake are too high for my comfort zone.

Just like I would not drive a car if i wasnt a trained driver, apart from it being illegal I mean, but you get my drift.

I AM trained, and one of the best ways to die in a situation like that is shoot to wound.  If my weapon comes out, I have already decided there is no other option.  Anything less and it stays holstered.  Brandishing a weapon is IMO is a *very* foolish move.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

23 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Who would trust someone who breaks into their home? I would not trust them to just steal.

Jesus said;

John 10:10, The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: ….. 

I agree, which was basically my point. Assigning intentions to other based on what you hope is the best outcome (in this case that being that they are simply there to steal things and leave) is a pretty dangerous game to play.

• Thumbs Up 1