Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PepperS

End Time Topics

Recommended Posts

There are currently several threads on this topic,  One is on its 11th page while another just started. It seems every few days, there is a new thread on the rapture, the antichrist or some other end times topic.

I know we are to look for his coming, but I wonder, are we so fascinated with the future that we forget our duties in the present?

If a third of the time spent on wondering about tomorrow, was spent on sharing the gospel today, just think what we could accomplish.

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will neither agree nor disagree with this subject because as we get closer to the AntiChrist etc... well at that point, the "future" becomes the present. At the same time, you did make a good, solid point also.

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, PepperS said:

There are currently several threads on this topic,  One is on its 11th page while another just started. It seems every few days, there is a new thread on the rapture, the antichrist or some other end times topic.

I know we are to look for his coming, but I wonder, are we so fascinated with the future that we forget our duties in the present?

If a third of the time spent on wondering about tomorrow, was spent on sharing the gospel today, just think what we could accomplish.

Hi PepperS,

So true, yet there is more than just fascination. Every truth the Holy Spirit has brought to light over the centuries has become the focus at that time - Salvation, baptism in water, infilling of the Holy Spirit, gifts of the Spirit, ministries of the ascended Lord, and finally the purposes of God for - the Body of Christ, for Israel and the nations. Do you remember in the `50 & `60`s, (probably too young) the infilling of the Holy Spirit was the hot topic, and later the gifts, and then the ministries. Every truth has its time of being worked through and that is what we are seeing today, a huge discussion on end times and what it means for the different groups.

Of course there are those who just have `itching ears,` and just want to argue, but underlying all that is the Holy Spirit bringing clarity and revelation of God`s eternal purposes. We need to remember that the Body of Christ will be brought to the unity of the faith in what we understand of Christ, His character and His purposes.

`...till we all come to the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the statue of the fullness of Christ...` (Eph. 4: 13)

Marilyn.

  • This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi PepperS,

So true, yet there is more than just fascination. Every truth the Holy Spirit has brought to light over the centuries has become the focus at that time - Salvation, baptism in water, infilling of the Holy Spirit, gifts of the Spirit, ministries of the ascended Lord, and finally the purposes of God for - the Body of Christ, for Israel and the nations. Do you remember in the `50 & `60`s, (probably too young) the infilling of the Holy Spirit was the hot topic, and later the gifts, and then the ministries. Every truth has its time of being worked through and that is what we are seeing today, a huge discussion on end times and what it means for the different groups.

Of course there are those who just have `itching ears,` and just want to argue, but underlying all that is the Holy Spirit bring clarity and revelation of God`s eternal purposes. We need to remember that the Body of Christ will be brought to the unity of the faith in what we understand of Christ, His character and His purposes.

`...till we all come to the unity of the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the statue of the fullness of Christ...` (Eph. 4: 13)

Marilyn.

I get what you are saying.

BTW, I came of age in the 70's. This is when "The Late Great Planet Earth" was published in 1977 (I was 16) and the Rapture became "the thing." Before then I had never heard of a rapture. As a mainstream Baptist, it was new to me.

For the last few days it has been weighing on me that there is so much emphasis on the Anti-Christ that many are losing sight of Christ. Do we need more threads examining the nature of the Anti-Christ? Or, should our focus be on getting to know our Lord?

I would not have brought the subject up at all, but I feel that it has been put upon my heart to do so.

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear sister Marilyn, my darling wife and I agree wholeheartedly with all you've just shared, Praise The Lord.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PepperS said:

I get what you are saying.

BTW, I came of age in the 70's. This is when "The Late Great Planet Earth" was published in 1977 (I was 16) and the Rapture became "the thing." Before then I had never heard of a rapture. As a mainstream Baptist, it was new to me.

For the last few days it has been weighing on me that there is so much emphasis on the Anti-Christ that many are losing sight of Christ. Do we need more threads examining the nature of the Anti-Christ? Or, should our focus be on getting to know our Lord?

I would not have brought the subject up at all, but I feel that it has been put upon my heart to do so.

 

I can kind of see more where you are coming from now, and I wanted to say, if God is calling you to do something, I think you should do it.

 

~your brother in Christ

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It means we are closing in on that time. Awareness is growing.

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, PepperS said:

I get what you are saying.

BTW, I came of age in the 70's. This is when "The Late Great Planet Earth" was published in 1977 (I was 16) and the Rapture became "the thing." Before then I had never heard of a rapture. As a mainstream Baptist, it was new to me.

For the last few days it has been weighing on me that there is so much emphasis on the Anti-Christ that many are losing sight of Christ. Do we need more threads examining the nature of the Anti-Christ? Or, should our focus be on getting to know our Lord?

I would not have brought the subject up at all, but I feel that it has been put upon my heart to do so.

Hi PepperS,

You are so right, for along with the purposes of God we need to `look` more to the Lord, to get to know and appreciate more of His character and have Him outwork that in our lives. So thread on the character of the Lord, His names and titles would be wonderful.

regards, Marilyn.

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PepperS said:

There are currently several threads on this topic,  One is on its 11th page while another just started. It seems every few days, there is a new thread on the rapture, the antichrist or some other end times topic.

I know we are to look for his coming, but I wonder, are we so fascinated with the future that we forget our duties in the present?

If a third of the time spent on wondering about tomorrow, was spent on sharing the gospel today, just think what we could accomplish.

For me, its a matter of preparation.  If you don't know what's coming, how well prepared can you be for it?  We are told ahead of time what to expect for a reason.

  • For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.  Behold, I have told you in advance.  Matthew 24:24-25

We should all do what God is leading us to do that His name may be glorified.

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×