WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - President Trump walked out of shutdown negotiations with Democratic leaders Wednesday after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi refused to agree to any money for his border fence, ending the most contentious meeting yet in the 19-day-old government shutdown with no solution in sight.

The confrontation came in the highly secure Situation Room at the White House, where Mr. Trump had invited leaders of both parties to restart talks that have gone nowhere since Dec. 22. The impasse has prompted the president to threaten declaring a national emergency, an option that he said Wednesday he’s still considering.

The president walked into the Situation Room handing out candy, and asked Democratic leaders if they had any new proposals to resolve the impasse, according to those present. [ Source: Washington Times (Read More...) ]

The post Trump walks out of shutdown meeting with Democrats appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

good for him, and the rest of us...

Guest PinkBelt
19 hours ago, other one said:

good for him, and the rest of us...

I can't even begin to fathom why such petulant behavior is good. The wall is not going to get built, and it wouldn't do anything about illegal immigration even if it was. It's just an expensive and useless monument to people's anger.

Edited by PinkBelt

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

11 minutes ago, PinkBelt said:

and it wouldn't do anything about illegal immigration even if it was

When the fence barrier was erected in Israel, suicide bombings nearly ceased.  When I was in Israel from 2002-2004 before the fence a suicide bombing was nearly a daily event.  Once the fence was established I can probably count on my fingers the bombings.  So it can have a dramatic effect on lives. 

God bless,

George

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

15 minutes ago, PinkBelt said:

I can't even begin to fathom why such petulant behavior is good. The wall is not going to get built, and it wouldn't do anything about illegal immigration even if it was. It's just an expensive and useless monument to people's anger.

Interesting, it works where we have built them.   it may not stop them all, but until your take a drive in the desert south of Phoenix, I don't think you realize just how much traffic is coming across there almost non impeded.....    It is so bad there are signs up recommending that people not take drives across the southern part of the state.....

I am not going to argue with you about whether it gets built or not.....    but I will be threatening votes if it is not.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, George said:

When the fence barrier was erected in Israel, suicide bombings nearly ceased. 

But we don't have any suicide bombings coming from Mexico, and Israel border isn't 2,000 miles. It's  440 mi. I think the terrain is different though I have not researched that part. I might later if this post goes through. 

Guest PinkBelt
4 hours ago, George said:

When the fence barrier was erected in Israel, suicide bombings nearly ceased.  When I was in Israel from 2002-2004 before the fence a suicide bombing was nearly a daily event.  Once the fence was established I can probably count on my fingers the bombings.  So it can have a dramatic effect on lives. 

God bless,

George

The two are not analogous. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/27/world/middleeast/trump-mexico-wall-israel-west-bank.html

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Here's the issue at hand ... we truly don't know how much would stop ... or how effective it would be unless it is erected.   And since it's been approved since 2006 ... https://www.congress.gov/bill/109th-congress/house-bill/6061

It seems that it has only taken 12 years to actually build a fence they already passed the law for in 2006.