IGNORED

How to find out if there really is a God...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Put God to the test.

If you really want answers... study his word.

Start with 2 Peter 1:20-21 (because it says "know this first...")

In this one two verse passage you will learn how God's word came into being (the Holy Spirit moved on holy men)

that it was not by the will of man, nor is it to be interpreted by men but by the Holy Spirit who wrote it.

The Bible tells us to prove everything (1 Thessalonians 5:21) including testing the spirits to see if they are from God or not (1 John 4:1).

So put God to the test.

How?

By the scriptures. Acts 17:11 / 2 Timothy 3:16-17 / Psalm 119:105 / Deuteronomy 29:29 / Proverbs 25:2.

Use what people teach or write about the Bible advisedly... almost all of them did not start where the Bible tells them to start (that the Holy Spirit who wrote the Bible alone rightly interprets the Bible).

2 Timothy 2:15 (AV)
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

They subscribe to this or that based on what mere mortal men taught.

Human nature is evil. This is the overall point Jesus was making in Matthew 16:13-23 when he not only contrasted the things of God from the things of man... but called Peter Satan for following the latter.

If you are diligent in time you will have your answer. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

On 1/9/2019 at 9:17 PM, JohnD said:

Put God to the test.

If you really want answers... study his word.

Start with 2 Peter 1:20-21 (because it says "know this first...")

In this one two verse passage you will learn how God's word came into being (the Holy Spirit moved on holy men)

that it was not by the will of man, nor is it to be interpreted by men but by the Holy Spirit who wrote it.

The Bible tells us to prove everything (1 Thessalonians 5:21) including testing the spirits to see if they are from God or not (1 John 4:1).

So put God to the test.

How?

By the scriptures. Acts 17:11 / 2 Timothy 3:16-17 / Psalm 119:105 / Deuteronomy 29:29 / Proverbs 25:2.

Use what people teach or write about the Bible advisedly... almost all of them did not start where the Bible tells them to start (that the Holy Spirit who wrote the Bible alone rightly interprets the Bible).

2 Timothy 2:15 (AV)
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

They subscribe to this or that based on what mere mortal men taught.

Human nature is evil. This is the overall point Jesus was making in Matthew 16:13-23 when he not only contrasted the things of God from the things of man... but called Peter Satan for following the latter.

If you are diligent in time you will have your answer. 

Mal 3:10  Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the LORD of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need.

This is the only verse that I can find about putting God to a test.  Notice that these are people who are in need because the blessing will last till there is no more need.  A tithe is 10% of an income.  However, I believe that giving to try to get rich is sinful.  The New Testament speaks of false teachers who teach that.  

My first prayer was a God, if there is a God, please make it so I can see your power in nature again.  That was during a thunder storm.  The street lights had gone out and the night sky was brilliant with lightning. The wind swirled leaves up to my second story window as giant maple trees bended under the wind.  The lights had come on and I had prayed over and over to turn out the lights again so I could witness this beautiful display.  Each prayer was rewarded, 18 of 20 prayers.  It was enough to convince this skeptic that there is a God Who hears my prayers--a personal God.

God treats us as individuals and meets each of us where we are.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Abdicate said:

And don't fret when you share your discoveries when others reject it. Doing my own homework over the years, I've made a lot of discoveries that I'd never heard of before and when I'd share it, it's mostly rejected for traditional views. Only the willing teachable heart can accept the truth over tradition, Colossians 2:8.

Amen!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

If someone is a skeptic, they should:

1) Ask God for reasonable evidence for Jesus that they cannot refute or consider mere coincidence

2) Read the Bible, starting with the fourth book of the NT, John's gospel

3) Ask God, if He exists, for clarity and understanding as they read

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

How do I know God is real. You first must believe by faith that 

God is and is a rewarder of those who diligently seek after Him. this is no guessing game. I woke up one day and my eyes were opened to the life I lived and a daughter approaching an age that would see the truth about me. I knew I could no longer live this life. I needed God and desperate to change my wicked life. I called out to God. God has sense made Himself real in my Life and helped me to know Jesus was real and I needed Him. There still was a price to pay for the sins. My wife became  needle addict and I could not stop her, But My daughter was spared from following this horrible life. David said it well in Psalm 51 " my sins are ever before me. I thank God for being there for me and showing  Jesus to me. I prayed one  night with tears I Said Lord I believe. I chose to believe and that changed my Life. Those who need Him have to make a choice also.

Jesus is my life and he talks to me  because I pray every morning and read my devotions and after He has put a lesson that was about what I prayed just minutes after praying. He had to be right there next to me. Now I know He is right there every time I pray.  I know God did that and there was no mistaking it. This has been many times now  when I really need Him. He wants to be personal with all of us but so many are just habitual church goers. He desires more from us than that. God will and can make Himself real to you in ways that leave  us in  aw. 

I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ  for it is power of God unto Salvation    to all  who believe.

Edited by Mike Mclees