IGNORED

Title: How can a Christians have no more conscience of sins?

alaric_w

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

Hebrews 10:2 = For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

In the past, when I read this bible verse. I think to myself that the reality does not matches this verse. How a Christian can has no sin consciousness when they still commit sins everyday even after being redeemed by Christ? As God increased my wisdom and points me to the direction of grace, I finally understood what this bible verse meant.

1)    This verse is written in context of burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin through blood of bulls and of goats.

2)    The blood of bulls and of goats cannot take away sins.

Hebrews 10:4 = For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

If blood of pulls and goats cannot take away sins, then why God command the Israelis to offer burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin?

a)    It is a shadow or a looking forward of the Crucifixion of Jesus who is the true lamb of God that can take away sins.

b)    It is an outward testimony to God that the Israelis are approaching God through the way of Abel.

Hebrews 11:4 = It was by faith that Abel brought a more acceptable offering to God than Cain did. Abel’s offering gave evidence that he was a righteous man, and God showed his approval of his gifts. Although Abel is long dead, he still speaks to us by his example of faith.

What is the reason the Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor (Genesis 4:4)?

The approach of Abel is through blood offering. It is an expression that the offerer admits that he has sin and an innocent has to die on his behalf. (The way of redemption at the cost of an innocent life)

Hebrews 9:22 = In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

The approach of Cain is through fruits offering. It is an expression that the offerer tries to do his best and hoped to be accepted by God. (The way of the world that is not to give up on yourself, you can save yourself, do your best to improve and maybe God will accept you)

·         A hint that it is the type of offering and not the quality of the offering.

Genesis 4:7 = Is there not, if thou dost well, acceptance? and if thou dost not well, at the opening a sin-offering is crouching, and unto thee its desire, and thou rulest over it.'

Cain offered the wrong type of offering but God made provision for Cain by preparing a lamb for him. Notice the word “crouching” that seem to suggest that it is an animal.

c)    The blood of bulls and of goats can only cover but cannot remove sin. The expiry date for this covering of sin is only for one year. The Lord commanded Israel to observe the Day of Atonement.

Leviticus 16:34 = This is to be a lasting ordinance for you: Atonement is to be made once a year for all the sins of the Israelites.

The modern equivalent for burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin through blood of bulls and of goats is like a credit card payment. Even though you purchase an item with your credit card, the real payment is not made yet. If the real payment is not made, debt is incurred.

In the same way, a Christians who does not know or believe that Jesus has purged all sins will continue to believe that they need to make atonement/repentance/confession for every sin they commit now and then. In plain, they live in a sin conscience mentality.

If Jesus has purged all sins, then why are Christians still sinning?

Below are bible verses to help in understanding this.

Romans 7:18-20 = For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Psalm 32:2 = Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does not count against them and in whose spirit is no deceit.

Colossians 2:11 = In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not performed by human hands. Your whole self-ruled by the flesh was put off when you were circumcised by Christ.

Below is a simply illustration based on my understanding.

The circle represent our body which holds the flesh and soul. The black dots represent sins. Before salvation, whatever sin committed is imputed to the soul, resulting in condemnation.

After salvation, all the past/present/future sins are paid for by Jesus. Therefore, the Holy Spirit can live inside a born-again believer. The flesh has been separated as written in Colossians 2:11. Hence, every sin committed is not imputed to the soul.

Disregard the Law and be spirit led to be free from sin consciousness?

Yes, disregard the law and be led by the Holy Spirit.

Consider this, Father Abraham lived 430 years before the law and God called Abraham his friend.

Joseph lived before the law. Tempted by Potiphar’s wife but he flee from her because he knew that it is a sin to sleep with her.

Genesis 39:9 = No one is greater in this house than I am. My master has withheld nothing from me except you, because you are his wife. How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?”

If you are using the Law as a moral compass, then you are living a life that is constantly missing the mark. And if you are still under the category of do’s and don’ts, you are still under the law.

If you are under law, you are an infant in-Christ even if you are a Christian for 100 years.

Galatians 3:23-25 = Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

If you are an infant in-Christ, you are no different from a slave and under oppression even from spiritual forces. In plain, you are just a spiritually handicapped Christian.

Galatians 4:1-3 = What I am saying is that as long as an heir is underage, he is no different from a slave, although he owns the whole estate. The heir is subject to guardians and trustees until the time set by his father. So also, when we were underage, we were in slavery under the elemental spiritual forces of the world.

GOOD NEWS!!! But God has sent his Son to redeem us from the law.

Galatians 4:4-7 = But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship. Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.” So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/10/2019 at 8:45 AM, alaric_w said:

In the past, when I read this bible verse. I think to myself that the reality does not matches this verse. How a Christian can has no sin consciousness when they still commit sins everyday even after being redeemed by Christ?

Yes it helps to read a passage in different translationsfor the understanding it can bring.