IGNORED

Title: Good people go heaven, Evil people go hell?

alaric_w

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

When I tell a non-believer that anyone who believed in Jesus and his finished work will be able to go heaven, they cannot accept it because it is unfair. It doesn’t matter what man thinks. But in the end, all man will be judge by God. So only what God think matters.

The ways of God is different from the ways of the world.

Isaiah 55:8-9

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Man’s definition of good person

1)         A person whose good deeds outweigh or remove all his bad deeds. Example: A wealth person using underhand methods to force the poor to give up their lands and properties. But use the ill-gotten possessions to build luxurious malls, offices and houses in the name of progress. Benefiting the majority at the cost of the minority. The majority sees him as a good person and believes he will go heaven.

Mark 2: 5-10

When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?” Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things? Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’? But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.”

But in the bible it is written in Mark 2: 5-10, nobody can forgive sin except God. Man can pronounce a person as good or bad. But ultimately, a person is judge based by God based on God’s standards.

2)         A person with good morals, principles, conduct, achievements and heritage. Example: A person with good morals and principles like Kong Zi (Founder of Confucianism), a person of good conduct like Mother Theresa who gave to the poor all her life, a person of great achievements like Steve Jobs who gave the world the IPhone. It is hard for man to imagine anyone of them being condemned by God and thrown into hell. Where they went, I do not know. Only God knows.

So what does the bible says about all this?

Acts 22:3 (Paul’s heritage and achievements)

Then Paul said: “I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city. I studied under Gamaliel and was thoroughly trained in the law of our ancestors.

Philippians 3:5 (Paul’s heritage, achievements, conduct and morals)

If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless.

Philippians 3: 7-8 (Paul consider he had gained and achieved as garbage)

But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage,that I may gain Christ.

I want to highlight something interesting. Before Paul became a Christian, he was focusing on worldly achievements, human conduct and human effort. Thinking that he is able to win God’s favor with all these. But after God opened his eyes and made Paul understood the ways of God, he said this “If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh”.

In a way, God is telling us that Christians can be doing church activities to win God’s favor without Christ. Outwardly it may seems very Christ-like and churchy. But in the sight of God, this is man putting confidence in the flesh.

How does man receive true salvation from God?

At the crucifixion of Jesus, Jesus said to one of the criminals “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Question 1: Why is the criminal crucified? It is because he has committed a crime deserving the death penalty. It is written that he said “We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve.”

Question 2: What did the criminal do to be saved? He admits that he is a sinner. He believed that Jesus is the Messiah. He believed that Jesus is sinless.

Question 3: Did the criminal do anything to outweigh his bad deeds after he believed in Jesus? The bible says that he died on the cross. So he did not do anything.

Luke 23: 39-43

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!” But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Conclusion: There are no good people in heaven, there are no bad people in hell. There are only believers in-Christ in heaven, there are only non-believers in hell. Salvation is like a door that is unlocked and opened by the blood of Jesus. We just need to walk through the door. Anyone who truly knows their fallen helpless state and humble enough can walk through the door of Salvation even great sinners like Adolf Hitler or Osama bin laden.

Ephesians 2:8-9

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  895
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,598
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

Good by what standards?

The Blacklist is about a criminal / murderer who generally only kills those that need killin' (to use an Old West phrase.

So among murderers, Ray Reddington is a good guy... yes?

According to God's standards, only God is good and our RIGHTEOUSNESSES are as filthy rags to God (Isaiah 64:6).

THIS is who has control over our eternal fate... not our fellow man or peers or anything or anyone else.

Isaiah 64:6 (AV)
6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

The actual Hebrew word is used menstrual cloths.

Our standard of righteousness...

Edited by JohnD

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

3 John 1: 11. Beloved follow not that which is evil, but thtat which is good. He that doeth good is of God, but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

Jesus said, "Not everyone will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, but He that doeth the will of the Father..."

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  341
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

someone just told me that weeds and goats cant be save, only the wheat and the lost sheep.  if a person deliberately does wat is evil and does not submit to Gods rule nor] does he except the grace so freely given, what hope does he have, but remember grace is not for the worthy or else it wouldn't be grace,  we have all sinned but as a christian we except Gods forgiveness and his power to transform us into the likeness of his son.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 1/10/2019 at 4:49 PM, alaric_w said:

At the crucifixion of Jesus, Jesus said to one of the criminals “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Question 1: Why is the criminal crucified? It is because he has committed a crime deserving the death penalty. It is written that he said “We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve.”

Question 2: What did the criminal do to be saved? He admits that he is a sinner. He believed that Jesus is the Messiah. He believed that Jesus is sinless.

Question 3: Did the criminal do anything to outweigh his bad deeds after he believed in Jesus? The bible says that he died on the cross. So he did not do anything.

The man that was saved on the cross with Christ didn't do anything to out weigh his bad deeds. That is because there wasn't anything he could do to out weigh them. He was on a cross.

Does this mean that every body gets in the same way as this man? I don't think so. Jesus says,"To whom much is given, more will be required of them (Luke 12:48)." I have reason to believe that if this man met Jesus before they met on the cross, then the thief would have been a follower of Jesus. If he was able to see the truth in Jesus right before death, then it makes sense he would have seen the truth in him if he heard him teaching.

I find that people use this one example as justification to not do what they can to follow God in their current life. Everybody wants to see how far they can 'live on the edge' and still slide in through the window.

I think this is a dangerous mindset to have, when our eternal life is on the line.

In peace

3 hours ago, UnprofitableServantJames said:

The man that was saved on the cross with Christ didn't do anything to out weigh his bad deeds. That is because there wasn't anything he could do to out weigh them. He was on a cross.

Does this mean that every body gets in the same way as this man? I don't think so. Jesus says,"To whom much is given, more will be required of them (Luke 12:48)." I have reason to believe that if this man met Jesus before they met on the cross, then the thief would have been a follower of Jesus. If he was able to see the truth in Jesus right before death, then it makes sense he would have seen the truth in him if he heard him teaching.

I find that people use this one example as justification to not do what they can to follow God in their current life. Everybody wants to see how far they can 'live on the edge' and still slide in through the window.

I think this is a dangerous mindset to have, when our eternal life is on the line.

In peace

Yes. Everyone is saved the same way as the criminal on the cross. We cannot save ourself with our own good works. You should not reason based on your own understand but based solely on what is written on the bible. Many people also reason that Jesus is not God and just a man. But the bible says otherwise. It is written plainly in the bible 

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God

In Galatians, the christian are saved by believing but later turn back to the law. Paul wrote that they are turning to a different gospel.

Galatians 1:6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel

I pray that may God be merciful to you by opening your eyes and saved you from wrong belief and destruction.

Edited by alaric_w

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  24,307
  • Content Per Day:  5.73
  • Days Won:  156
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

1 hour ago, alaric_w said:

I conclude that you are either ignorant or deceived and blinded by the devil or did not read the bible. I pray that may God be merciful to you by opening your eyes

I agree with most of what you say but the quoted part above is going a bit too far. Calling someone ignorant of deceived because you disagree with them (even if you are right) is not on. Defend your points without making statements about the person you are talking to. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

2 hours ago, alaric_w said:

Yes. Everyone is saved the same way as the criminal on the cross. We cannot save ourself with our own good works. You should not reason based on your own understand but based solely on what is written on the bible. Many people also reason that Jesus is not God and just a man. But the bible says otherwise. It is written plainly in the bible 

Dear brother. I thank you for your response to my post. 

Self doubt is key in maintaining a humble spirit. The Pharisees failed to have such a doubt, thus they were the most blind of all.

Jumping to conclusions isn't a way to have a conversation. Well, that isn't what you want to have now, do you? A debate never leaves to further knowledge of truth, rather it only divides. I would appreciate if we can have a conversation rather than a debate. Okay?

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God

In Galatians, the christian are saved by believing but later turn back to the law. Paul wrote that they are turning to a different gospel.

Galatians 1:6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel

The above quotes are correct. They are found in the Bible. One interesting question to consider: Who saves us? Jesus is the obvious answer. Let's see what He has to say is the way for salvation.

Matt 7:21, "Not everyone saying to me Lord Lord, will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, Only those that do the will of God will enter."

Jesus says we must do the Will of God. Do you believe we must do this to enter the Kingdom of Heaven?

Next question: What is the Will of God?

John 6:29, "Jesus replied, "The work of God is this: to believe in the One He has sent".

Yes only those that believe in Jesus will be be considered doing the will of God, thus entering Heaven.

Next question: What makes someone a believer in Jesus?

This is where you will quote Romans 10:9 and say this is what it means to believe in Jesus. This, however, is not what true belief in Jesus is. Remember Matthew 7:21? Jesus says that those people that will be cast out are the same ones that confess Jesus as Lord. Isn't that clear from what Jesus said? If you believe confessing Jesus is what belief in Jesus means, then you don't agree with Matt 7:21.

Consider another scripture: Luke 6:48, " Why do you call me Lord, Lord, and do not do the things which I say." Notice again, Jesus is questioning why people confess Him as Lord, yet they don't obey His words? After considering the scriptures from our lord Jesus, do you still believe confessing Jesus is the only thing we must do to be saved?

I've noticed that your path to salvation didn't include anything from what Jesus taught. Why is that? If Jesus is the author of our salvation, why aren't you going to Him to know the way to salvation?

Here's another passage from our Lord Jesus to consider: John 15:1-1,"

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you (Does Jesus' words remain in you? Can you name 5 commands of Jesus off the top of your head?), ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.(Note: We must show yourself to be his disciples by bearing fruit. No fruit=not a disciple=not saved)

“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

Does hearing these words from Jesus make your joy complete? Or are you vigorously searching for something Paul said to refute our Lord Jesus? I am certain that you won't refute what I shared through Jesus' words. What you will do is find someone else saying something that seemingly contradicts Jesus to refute Him. Why are you doing this? Is Jesus your Lord? Or is someone else? Who should be the final authority in our lives? The last disciple that tried to refute what Jesus said was told to "get behind me, Satan! For you think not God's thoughts, but man's." Don't let a disciple of Jesus be who you follow. Follow Jesus. Or else you may be following Satan.

Side point: If we need to confess Jesus, then doesn't that indicate we must do something to gain salvation? This doesn't sound like what you are preaching? Or do you believe we don't have to confess Jesus to be saved? That Jesus covers the blood of ALL mankind, and everybody will go to heaven. Right down to the last unrepentant sinner? Since we don't have to do anything, then everybody will be saved, correct? This isn't what you believe now is it? You believe that only those that "believe Jesus" will be saved. Now now. Are you saying we must do something in order to be saved? Seems like a hole in logic to me.

I conclude that you are either ignorant or deceived and blinded by the devil or did not read the bible. I pray that may God be merciful to you by opening your eyes and saved you from destruction.

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. What you shared here speaks volumes, yet you concluded this after one post?

I pray you will consider what I shared and let God's spirit move you to all truth. I look further in this conversation as we can continue to 'sharpen iron with iron'.

In peace

On 1/21/2019 at 9:27 PM, UnprofitableServantJames said:

Dear brother. I thank you for your response to my post. 

Self doubt is key in maintaining a humble spirit. The Pharisees failed to have such a doubt, thus they were the most blind of all.

Jumping to conclusions isn't a way to have a conversation. Well, that isn't what you want to have now, do you? A debate never leaves to further knowledge of truth, rather it only divides. I would appreciate if we can have a conversation rather than a debate. Okay?

The above quotes are correct. They are found in the Bible. One interesting question to consider: Who saves us? Jesus is the obvious answer. Let's see what He has to say is the way for salvation.

Matt 7:21, "Not everyone saying to me Lord Lord, will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, Only those that do the will of God will enter."

Jesus says we must do the Will of God. Do you believe we must do this to enter the Kingdom of Heaven?

Next question: What is the Will of God?

John 6:29, "Jesus replied, "The work of God is this: to believe in the One He has sent".

Yes only those that believe in Jesus will be be considered doing the will of God, thus entering Heaven.

Next question: What makes someone a believer in Jesus?

This is where you will quote Romans 10:9 and say this is what it means to believe in Jesus. This, however, is not what true belief in Jesus is. Remember Matthew 7:21? Jesus says that those people that will be cast out are the same ones that confess Jesus as Lord. Isn't that clear from what Jesus said? If you believe confessing Jesus is what belief in Jesus means, then you don't agree with Matt 7:21.

Consider another scripture: Luke 6:48, " Why do you call me Lord, Lord, and do not do the things which I say." Notice again, Jesus is questioning why people confess Him as Lord, yet they don't obey His words? After considering the scriptures from our lord Jesus, do you still believe confessing Jesus is the only thing we must do to be saved?

I've noticed that your path to salvation didn't include anything from what Jesus taught. Why is that? If Jesus is the author of our salvation, why aren't you going to Him to know the way to salvation?

Here's another passage from our Lord Jesus to consider: John 15:1-1,"

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you (Does Jesus' words remain in you? Can you name 5 commands of Jesus off the top of your head?), ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.(Note: We must show yourself to be his disciples by bearing fruit. No fruit=not a disciple=not saved)

“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

Does hearing these words from Jesus make your joy complete? Or are you vigorously searching for something Paul said to refute our Lord Jesus? I am certain that you won't refute what I shared through Jesus' words. What you will do is find someone else saying something that seemingly contradicts Jesus to refute Him. Why are you doing this? Is Jesus your Lord? Or is someone else? Who should be the final authority in our lives? The last disciple that tried to refute what Jesus said was told to "get behind me, Satan! For you think not God's thoughts, but man's." Don't let a disciple of Jesus be who you follow. Follow Jesus. Or else you may be following Satan.

Side point: If we need to confess Jesus, then doesn't that indicate we must do something to gain salvation? This doesn't sound like what you are preaching? Or do you believe we don't have to confess Jesus to be saved? That Jesus covers the blood of ALL mankind, and everybody will go to heaven. Right down to the last unrepentant sinner? Since we don't have to do anything, then everybody will be saved, correct? This isn't what you believe now is it? You believe that only those that "believe Jesus" will be saved. Now now. Are you saying we must do something in order to be saved? Seems like a hole in logic to me.

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. What you shared here speaks volumes, yet you concluded this after one post?

I pray you will consider what I shared and let God's spirit move you to all truth. I look further in this conversation as we can continue to 'sharpen iron with iron'.

In peace

Hi Unprofitable,

First of all, I would like to apologize for the harsh rebuke on you. 

Today the Lord review a new revelation in regards with this matter. 

The parable of the sower (Matthew 13)

The Lord has sowed seeds on every different ground (meaning Jesus finished work and gospel is for the entire world). The seeds sow are same type of seeds. But the conditions of the grounds are different. 

First type of ground Matthew 13:4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up (Nothing wrong with the ground, but Satan blinded the believers partially. Some of the seeds which are not devoured by the birds, gets to grow into trees and bare fruits. But it is a partial harvest.)

Second type of ground Matthew 13:5-6 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth. And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. Seeds fell onto bad ground and grow into plant but died. (A picture of church goers who go to church but did not believed in the work of Jesus.) 1 John 2:19 can best describe these type of people. 1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

Third type of ground Matthew 13: 7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them. (A picture of non-believers who heard the gospel but did not believed.)

Fourth type of ground Matthew 13:8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold. (The good ground whereby it brought many folds increase in harvest. These type of people understood the heart of God, approached God the correct way and got the most blessings from God.)

Every christian is appointed by God to spread the true gospel. But whether the hearer gets saved or not, it is not the responsibility of the christian who spread the gospel. 

1 Corinthians 3:6-9 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.

I am here to spread to truth of finished work of Jesus. Some people gets the full harvest and benefited from it, some gets partially harvest, some rejected it. But it is ok for me, I have done the job and I got nothing to lose whether the hearer accepts or rejects.

Edited by alaric_w

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.36
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 1/10/2019 at 12:49 AM, alaric_w said:

When I tell a non-believer that anyone who believed in Jesus and his finished work will be able to go heaven, they cannot accept it because it is unfair. It doesn’t matter what man thinks. But in the end, all man will be judge by God. So only what God think matters.

The ways of God is different from the ways of the world.

Isaiah 55:8-9

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Man’s definition of good person

1)         A person whose good deeds outweigh or remove all his bad deeds. Example: A wealth person using underhand methods to force the poor to give up their lands and properties. But use the ill-gotten possessions to build luxurious malls, offices and houses in the name of progress. Benefiting the majority at the cost of the minority. The majority sees him as a good person and believes he will go heaven.

Mark 2: 5-10

When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?” Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things? Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’? But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.”

But in the bible it is written in Mark 2: 5-10, nobody can forgive sin except God. Man can pronounce a person as good or bad. But ultimately, a person is judge based by God based on God’s standards.

2)         A person with good morals, principles, conduct, achievements and heritage. Example: A person with good morals and principles like Kong Zi (Founder of Confucianism), a person of good conduct like Mother Theresa who gave to the poor all her life, a person of great achievements like Steve Jobs who gave the world the IPhone. It is hard for man to imagine anyone of them being condemned by God and thrown into hell. Where they went, I do not know. Only God knows.

So what does the bible says about all this?

Acts 22:3 (Paul’s heritage and achievements)

Then Paul said: “I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city. I studied under Gamaliel and was thoroughly trained in the law of our ancestors.

Philippians 3:5 (Paul’s heritage, achievements, conduct and morals)

If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless.

Philippians 3: 7-8 (Paul consider he had gained and achieved as garbage)

But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage,that I may gain Christ.

I want to highlight something interesting. Before Paul became a Christian, he was focusing on worldly achievements, human conduct and human effort. Thinking that he is able to win God’s favor with all these. But after God opened his eyes and made Paul understood the ways of God, he said this “If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh”.

In a way, God is telling us that Christians can be doing church activities to win God’s favor without Christ. Outwardly it may seems very Christ-like and churchy. But in the sight of God, this is man putting confidence in the flesh.

How does man receive true salvation from God?

Luke 23: 39-43

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!” But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Conclusion: There are no good people in heaven, there are no bad people in hell. There are only believers in-Christ in heaven, there are only non-believers in hell. Salvation is like a door that is unlocked and opened by the blood of Jesus. We just need to walk through the door. Anyone who truly knows their fallen helpless state and humble enough can walk through the door of Salvation even great sinners like Adolf Hitler or Osama bin laden.

Ephesians 2:8-9

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.

Heaven is nothing more than the peace we get when we repent of our sin, I believe. What good would heaven be if we had no peace, and if we have peace, what does it matter where we are?