• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

From worthless to priceless

One day, a man went shopping and saw his family heirloom inside a pawn shop. This heirloom was pawn away by his grandfather decades ago when the family is not doing well. Although the heirloom worth a few hundred dollars to the pawn shop, it has great value to the family. Immediately, this man went in to redeem the heirloom back from the pawn shop. The man decided that the heirloom is priceless. In order to prevent anyone from the family to pawn it away in future, he paid one million dollars for it. From that day on, the family greatly treasured the heirloom that has become priceless.

This may seem to be a crazy story but this is the crazy price that God paid to redeem us. God put his value on everyone by making an advance payment (while we were yet unbelievers, God sent his one and only son Jesus Christ to die for us) for the entire world.

Romans 5:6-8 For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

To the world, it may value us as a worthless heirloom. But in God’s sight, we are worth the same price as his son. Not only that, as Jesus Christ is perfect and sinless. God also sees us as perfect and sinless.

Perfect like Jesus Christ

1 John 4:17 By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world.

Sinless like Jesus Christ

John 1:29 The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Hebrews 10:1-4 For since the law has but a shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered every year, make perfect those who draw near. Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, since the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have any consciousness of sins? But in these sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.

Do you see yourself the same way as God sees you?

Or are you seeing yourself as the worthless heirloom in the pawn shop?

If you feel that you are imperfect, one of the sign is that you feel the need to increase your value to God by doing more good works to please him. When in fact, nothing pleases God more than Jesus. Every Christian who is in-Christ is pleasing to God. Because of this, God continually dispense his goodness and blessings on every Christian. Every good works that follows is just a gratitude because of God’s continual goodness and blessing.

If you are looking at yourself as a worthless heirloom, one of the signs is being sin consciousness. Constantly in the cycle of catching your sins and repenting. When in fact, all of our sins (past, present and future sins) have already been wash clean by Jesus’ blood.

Acts 10:15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

The correct respond is not to look within and feel sad and disappointed with ourselves. If our consciousness of sin and repentance can prevent more sin, God would not have written Romans 7:15-20. God already know that we cannot stop sinning and therefore we cannot save ourselves.

Romans 7:15-20 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

But rather to look towards Jesus Christ and thank him that 2000 years ago, he foresaw all my sins and have made payment for the sin that I just committed.

Romans 7:24-25 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

• This is Worthy 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks!!!