IGNORED

What does “None of us, but all of Christ” mean?

alaric_w

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

Romans 7:15-21

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Everyone (Christians and non-Christians) born has sin in them. The bible has made it clear in Romans 7:20 “Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.”

Therefore when a Christian focus on their self-effort and will-power to do good, often they will most likely ended up doing Romans 7:15 “For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.”

The more you focus yourself and depend on your own strength to do good and be right with God, you will end up failing and disappointed with yourself.

However, the bible has offered a solution.

Romans 7:24-25

What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

The solution is to stop focusing on yourself and turn your attention to Jesus.

1)    Find out how perfect is Jesus in God’s sight.

1 John 3:5 “But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.”

2)    Find out how much is Jesus accepted by God.

Mark 16:19 “After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.”

After understanding the standing of Jesus with God, identify yourself with Jesus.

1 John 4:17 “This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.”

Colossians 2:9-10 “For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness.”

Once you understood your new identity, the burden of achieving to live right and doing good to please God will be gone. Because Jesus has already achieved it and imparted it to everyone who believes in him and his finished work. When you are identified with Jesus, you will slowly change and become like him. In another words, we will become lesser and Jesus will become more. None of us, but all of Christ.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hope this is helpful.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  509
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,176
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

On 1/10/2019 at 2:56 AM, alaric_w said:

Romans 7:15-21

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Everyone (Christians and non-Christians) born has sin in them. The bible has made it clear in Romans 7:20 “Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.”

Therefore when a Christian focus on their self-effort and will-power to do good, often they will most likely ended up doing Romans 7:15 “For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.”

The more you focus yourself and depend on your own strength to do good and be right with God, you will end up failing and disappointed with yourself.

However, the bible has offered a solution.

Romans 7:24-25

What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

The solution is to stop focusing on yourself and turn your attention to Jesus.

1)    Find out how perfect is Jesus in God’s sight.

1 John 3:5 “But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.”

2)    Find out how much is Jesus accepted by God.

Mark 16:19 “After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God.”

After understanding the standing of Jesus with God, identify yourself with Jesus.

1 John 4:17 “This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.”

Colossians 2:9-10 “For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness.”

Once you understood your new identity, the burden of achieving to live right and doing good to please God will be gone. Because Jesus has already achieved it and imparted it to everyone who believes in him and his finished work. When you are identified with Jesus, you will slowly change and become like him. In another words, we will become lesser and Jesus will become more. None of us, but all of Christ.

Hi, thanks for the;

“all of Him and nothing of us”

Which is such a great truth. Many thanks for bringing the words up. For in them is the all of our salvation. 

It puts a smile on my face when someone shares their heart after God. I can see in your writings your working your salvation in Christ out, and making great progress at it. If you would allow me to be bold for a bit, and say a few things, I would be indebted. But what I will say, take before God,  and ask Him about them; 

What you have wrote is true and very well searched out.  If you wouldn’t mind me sayings so, you have stopped short of the “how” God has dealt with the sin factory which is “us” or “self”. 

Scripture says that “when Christ died we died”. It is by our being “crucified with Christ”..... that is how God has gotten rid of the sin factory problem, (which is us), by our deaths.

This is the answer to a Romans 7 situation. (failure of the believer to be able to walk in newness of life after receiving their salvation in Christ.) It is because the believer that is stuck in a Romans 7 situation  doesn’t yet see what is the foundation of their salvation in Christ;

Which is..... their absolute and total death in Christ. 

Consider for a moment, how could you be guaranteed to never ever sin again from now to all eternity? There is but one way. That is if you were to die. If you were to die right this instant. Sin would be still very much alive, but you could not respond to it,  because you were dead. This is what in scripture is meant with “knowing that are old man was crucified with Him”, and the many scriptures that talk about our deaths in Christ. 

It is seeing and understanding our “deaths in Christ” that “identifying with Christ” is to be reckoned. Scripture says to “reckon yourself dead unto sin but alive unto God”.  It is to the degree one reckons (identifies) themself as being dead to sin and alive unto God, that they will be set free from the old man and his deeds.

But this “reckoning” will be of no use and will accomplish nothing when tried, until the believer sees that it is their only hope of ever being set free from their sins. For until the believer is brought to the place, where they would willingly enter into death (die)  rather than sin,  they will continually try to help God out (this can not be helped for self is still alive) with all their strength and effort to overcome the old man. Try they might and try  they will. Their walk and their relationship will be a mixture of part of Christ and part of self. They will experience joy but it will not abide because self or sin (both being the same thing) will get in the way. Not yet seeing that “they” are the problem. It is getting rid of us, the sin factories that Christ died for. To take us to death with Him so all things can become new so we might walk in newness of life. 

Our salvation is a total work of faith. It is by faith that all things are received from God. It is by faith we “reckon ourselfs dead unto sin and alive unto God”. Our salvation is as simple and as totally complete as a good God could possibly have made it. It is simply accepting His salvation on His terms, that sets a believer free from their fallen nature, to walk in newness of life. Whereby it is  to the degree He reckons Himself dead to and in all situations and circumstances will he be able to walk free from the sins that do easily beset him.

Than the words;

“all of Him and nothing of me” have the all of our salvation. If I might add the why? 

“for if it’s me, it’s sin. If it’s Christ it’s not.” 

This is absolute and unchangeable.  Self or Christ are the two choices before man. One must live the other must die. 

Getting rid of self or us is the issue. For me/I/you are the problem. We are the sinners that need to be dealt with, if we are to walk in newness of life in the here and now. God has accomplished this by crucifying us with Christ so we can say like Paul; 

Galatians 2:20 (NASB)
"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the [life] which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

For the purpose that we might walk pleasing to Him in all things in the here and now.  

Thank you for reading these words. I humbly ask you to take these words before God and ask about the truth of them.

Keep pressing in, for He greatly loves you and welcomes all that will search for Him with all there hearts. 

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Loved it! 1