alaric_w

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

How does God define a sinner? Are everyone born perfect (non-sinner) but become a sinner after he committed a sin?

According to the bible in Romans 5:17-19, it is written that we are sinners because of Adam’s sin.

Romans 5:17-19

For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ! Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

This means that everyone is born into this world as a sinner. We do not get to choose whether we want to be born as a sinner or non-sinner.

Why is this so? It is written in Genesis 5:3 that after Adam sinned, man is born in the likeness and image of Adam.

Genesis 5:3

And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth.

Since Adam and Eve were the only couple on earth at the time, it is common sense to say that everyone are born in the likeness and image of them. I see Adam and Eve as if they are the mould and everyone is a product formed by the mould. When the mould is corrupted, everyone will end up corrupted.

Therefore as a sinner, we sinned in thought, action and desire. Even after being saved and born again Christian, we still sin. As written by Paul in the bible in Romans 7:15-20.

Romans 7:15-20

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Why does Christian still sinning even after born again?

When a person is born again as a Christian, God’s spirit in-dwell the believer. The believer’s soul is cleansed. But the body remains unchanged. There is still a part of us that wants to sin. If you are a true born again Christian, you will experience this struggle as descripted by Paul in Romans 7:22-24

Romans 7:22-24

For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?

Therefore, I conclude that no one can stop sinning. If someone tells you that he is able to stop sinning, that person is a liar and has committed the sin of lying. A person who does not sin outwardly in action, does not mean that he will not sin in thought or desire.

In Jeremiah 17:9, God descript the human heart as desperately wicked and deceitful.

Jeremiah 17:9

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

If the core of our being is deceitful and wicked, then no wonder God does not accept our righteous works. For our righteous works may be tainted or motivated by selfish desires.

Isaiah 64:6

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Because of Adam’s disobedience, we are born sinners and no amount of good deeds or sacrifice on our part can redeem us from death. Thanks be to God who sent his son, Jesus who lived a sinless life and suffered our punishment to redeem us from death. By Jesus’ obedience, we are made righteous.

Romans 5:19

For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

Although every Christians still sins and are not perfect, but God has put us In-Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:30

It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

Because when we are In-Christ, God see us as if we are Christ. We are righteous and holy because Christ is righteous and holy. God’s righteousness and holiness are gifts to us who believe in Jesus and his finished work.

1 John 4:17

This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.

God will no longer judge us based on what we did. But God will judge us based on what Christ’s finished work. We are all accepted and perfected in-Christ.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,527
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

Praise God. What good news ! You said it good. Jesus is our righteousness. We have none. It's his and he shares it with us by believing in his name. Yipping.

• Praise God! 1

• Topic Count:  895
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,598
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

Most can't handle the true definition of grace.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  5

For all of those who have conquered sin......allow me to collect all of your thoughts for the next month , and let’s see if there is some way to display all of them for the world to see.....any takers out there? Who on Earth do you thing you are fooling?  Not God—- not even this crowd.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,190
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

People who never repent when they come to Christ, and who have no intent of giving up their lives of continuing to practice sin, probably are not or will not be born again.  We come to God for help because we know we are lost and bound for hell, and that we cannot help ourselves.  Those who are born again will continue to fall occasionally and struggle against temptation, but our desires will have been changed so that we now want to lead a life pleasing to God.  Many lifestyles will have become repugnant and left behind so that they no longer have any temptation left in them.  Other problems may arise that were not a problem before.  So we are never beyond temptation and falling occasionally, but since we now have Christ in us we will not resume continually sinning as a practice.

The hit men will no longer murder, the adulterer will become faithful to his or her spouse, the used car salesman will become known for his honesty.  

1Jn 3:2  Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.

1Jn 3:3  And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.

1Jn 3:4  Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.

1Jn 3:5  You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin.

1Jn 3:6  No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him.

1Jn 3:7  Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.

1Jn 3:8  Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

1Jn 3:9  No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.

1Jn 3:10  By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

Rev 21:8  But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, Gal 5:21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1Co 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,  1Co 6:10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

1Co 6:11  And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.38

On 1/10/2019 at 3:59 AM, alaric_w said:

Romans 5:17-19

For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ! Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

This means that everyone is born into this world as a sinner. We do not get to choose whether we want to be born as a sinner or non-sinner.

No dear friend, I'm afraid your premise is not correct here, if I may try and explain.  If we read that passage again.....it says DEATH reigned through Adam, and so death is the condemnation (curse/judgment) that resulted to all people.  We are not born sinners, but rather we all sin by an act of our own free will.  The bible says all have SINNED and FALL short of His glory (Rom 3:23).  When we were old enough to begin to choose between the right and the wrong we all CHOSE to sin and thus we fell.........we all followed the same pattern as Eve in the Garden at that tree, tempted by the serpent......the first time we each ever believed the lie of the serpent and sinned is the first time we fell. 

The only reason I understand this is because the Holy Spirit brought back to my memory the first time I ever sinned, I was less than three years old....it was a sin of idolatry....and it was a backhanded way of me trying to be in control and have the upper hand....to be my own God in other words.  Oh what tangled webs we weave, but thank God for His light.   I won't get into lengthy details, but just to say that that idolatry became a snare that shut over me like a bear trap, and the curse/judgment that resulted from it followed me for many years and caused a string of other problems and self-destructive decisions down the road.   The devil is not playing games, he is merciless and tempts us in order to ensnare our soul....he comes only to rob and destroy lives and souls that otherwise should belong to God.  Jesus is the only human who ever lived, who at that crossroads of choosing between the right and the wrong in his young life, chose to follow God and resisted the devil.  He overcame so that we could overcome.  I hope that helps you with your further conclusions concerning this subject.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

Have you notice that we do not need to teach a toddler to lie. The toddler will sin without anyone teaching him how to sin. A new born baby already has the sin nature inside but has not committed sin until he has the consciousness to know what is good and made a choice to do evil. The corruption is already pass down from adam. It is in our blood. That is why Jesus who is the perfect sinless lamb has to sacrifice for our sins. 

Edited by alaric_w
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.38

The toddler gets tempted by the devil.......this is a spiritual war to take souls captive, and the devil is real, and it is the devil who puts a suggestion/temptation in a child's mind......who then chooses to obey that suggestion/temptation or not.  At some point we all chose wrong and fell.  God does not create any living soul with sin.....we are all created innocent just like Adam and Eve were.....their story is a picture of how it goes with all souls.  Sin is what we choose and that is why the Lord is being perfectly just when He holds anyone accountable.

This is a prophecy of perfect sinless Jesus (unlike us):

Isa 7:14-15

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

He will be eating curds and honey when he knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.42
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

The toddler gets tempted by the devil.......this is a spiritual war to take souls captive, and the devil is real, and it is the devil who puts a suggestion/temptation in a child's mind......who then chooses to obey that suggestion/temptation or not.  At some point we all chose wrong and fell.  God does not create any living soul with sin.....we are all created innocent just like Adam and Eve were.....their story is a picture of how it goes with all souls.  Sin is what we choose and that is why the Lord is being perfectly just when He holds anyone accountable.

This is a prophecy of perfect sinless Jesus (unlike us):

Isa 7:14-15

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

He will be eating curds and honey when he knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right

SISTER you are loved .