IGNORED

Title: Why do Christians feel condemned?

alaric_w

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1

In the bible, there is a verse that says whoever is in Christ, there will no longer be condemnation.

Romans 8:1 = Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus

I have come to this conclusion that many Christians DO NOT believe that God has removed ALL their sins. They only believe that God removed the sins that they did before becoming a Christian. And they have to follow the law and try to live a sinless life (or try to sin less) to please God.

When they try to follow the law to please God, they are essentially arming the devil with a weapon. And whenever they break a law, the devil will use the law to condemn them. In Colossians 2:14-15, it says God disarmed the devil by Jesus’ death on the cross.

Colossians 2:14-15 = When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us ALL our sins, having cancelled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

How did God disarm the devil?

It is written in Ezekiel 18:20 “The soul that sinneth, it shall die.”

When Jesus died on the cross, he took our sins and paid the penalty on our behalf.

2 Corinthians 5:21 = God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Having paid fully for our sins, Jesus magnified and fulfilled the law. Since Jesus has fully paid for our debts (sins), we are no longer slaves under the law.

Imagine a man who purchase a house from HDB. Because he does not have money, therefore he has to take a loan from the bank. Every month, he has to pay the bank every month until the loan + interest is 100% cleared. Then one day, his father wanted to clear the loan for his son and paid everything that the man owes to the bank. Once the loan has been fully paid, the man is no longer under debt to the bank. When the next month come, even if the man receive a letter from the bank for loan payment. He can ignore the letter and penalty for non-payment because he knows the house have already been fully paid.

How do we know that Jesus has paid for my past, present and future sins?

Hebrews 9:26 & 28 says that Jesus appeared ONCE to do away with sin.

Hebrews 9:26 = Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Hebrews 9:28 = so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

God created time. Therefore, God is outside time. Most of the prophesies in the bible, God wrote them thousands of years in advance. It is written in the bible that God knows the end from the beginning.

Isaiah 46:9-10 = Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

Revelation 22:13 = I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

If God knows the future, then God knows every single sin that we are going to do from the day we are born to the day we die. Therefore, Jesus’ death on the cross is payment for our past, present and future sins.

How clean are we after Jesus paid for our sins?

It is written in the bible that we are like Jesus in this world.

1 John 4:17 = This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.

This means that if you are born again, your identity is in Christ.

If Jesus is sinless, so am I

If Jesus is righteous, so am I

If Jesus is holy, so am I

If Jesus is seated on God’s right hand, so am I

If Jesus is blessed, so am I

If Jesus has favour with the Father, so am I

Once you believed that ALL your sins have been washed away, you should not have consciousness of sin.

Hebrews 10:2 = For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

And the devil will no power over you. And you will be able to live a life that Christ paid with his life for you to have.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hope it will helps and encourage and build up the body of Christ

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,156
  • Content Per Day:  1.78
  • Days Won:  92

It helps to always remember we have the imputed righteousness of Christ....Christ took our sin and gives us His righteousness.

Also, 1 John 1:9 is a good verse to remember....If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Content Count:  1,186
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:01 AM, alaric_w said:

In the bible, there is a verse that says whoever is in Christ, there will no longer be condemnation.

Romans 8:1 = Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus

I have come to this conclusion that many Christians DO NOT believe that God has removed ALL their sins. They only believe that God removed the sins that they did before becoming a Christian. And they have to follow the law and try to live a sinless life (or try to sin less) to please God.

When they try to follow the law to please God, they are essentially arming the devil with a weapon. And whenever they break a law, the devil will use the law to condemn them. In Colossians 2:14-15, it says God disarmed the devil by Jesus’ death on the cross.

Colossians 2:14-15 = When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us ALL our sins, having cancelled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

How did God disarm the devil?

It is written in Ezekiel 18:20 “The soul that sinneth, it shall die.”

When Jesus died on the cross, he took our sins and paid the penalty on our behalf.

2 Corinthians 5:21 = God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Having paid fully for our sins, Jesus magnified and fulfilled the law. Since Jesus has fully paid for our debts (sins), we are no longer slaves under the law.

Imagine a man who purchase a house from HDB. Because he does not have money, therefore he has to take a loan from the bank. Every month, he has to pay the bank every month until the loan + interest is 100% cleared. Then one day, his father wanted to clear the loan for his son and paid everything that the man owes to the bank. Once the loan has been fully paid, the man is no longer under debt to the bank. When the next month come, even if the man receive a letter from the bank for loan payment. He can ignore the letter and penalty for non-payment because he knows the house have already been fully paid.

How do we know that Jesus has paid for my past, present and future sins?

Hebrews 9:26 & 28 says that Jesus appeared ONCE to do away with sin.

Hebrews 9:26 = Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Hebrews 9:28 = so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

God created time. Therefore, God is outside time. Most of the prophesies in the bible, God wrote them thousands of years in advance. It is written in the bible that God knows the end from the beginning.

Isaiah 46:9-10 = Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

Revelation 22:13 = I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

If God knows the future, then God knows every single sin that we are going to do from the day we are born to the day we die. Therefore, Jesus’ death on the cross is payment for our past, present and future sins.

How clean are we after Jesus paid for our sins?

It is written in the bible that we are like Jesus in this world.

1 John 4:17 = This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.

This means that if you are born again, your identity is in Christ.

If Jesus is sinless, so am I

If Jesus is righteous, so am I

If Jesus is holy, so am I

If Jesus is seated on God’s right hand, so am I

If Jesus is blessed, so am I

If Jesus has favour with the Father, so am I

Once you believed that ALL your sins have been washed away, you should not have consciousness of sin.

Hebrews 10:2 = For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

And the devil will no power over you. And you will be able to live a life that Christ paid with his life for you to have.

Interesting reading here, I can agree with most of this but remember! 

1. Jesus did die for our sins all of them only if we repent but this does not give one an open door to sin and not be responsible for those sins or not be held responsible. For instance Peter 3:10   colossians 4:6  Ephesians 4:29 and many more. 

2. John 8: 13-13 Go and sin no more.

3.  Lust Matthew 5:28  Corinthians 6:13 2 Timothy 2:22 

4. Jesus did not do away with the law he did fulfill it but we yes we still live by the 10 commandments if we did not then everyone would have a free for all with sin. In the end the world will be judged by them at the great white throne judgement. 

5. I am concerned that I think the love of the church has waxed cold a sign of the end times lawless abounds. When we stop loving the sinner we have lost our way and that love is what helps the sinner get to know Christ, when's the last time people listened to the holy spirit tell us to go up to someone and love them he sets the stage do we go and follow through with it. It's time for us to not condemn people but love them. My heart weeps over abortion and the new law in NY the people in the church need to go to the clinics and listen to the holy spirit and approach those who he has set the stage to go love them to show life is better. Go with God!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.92
  • Days Won:  226

If your heart is really 100% with God and you are a born again believer you should not feel condemned. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

On 1/27/2019 at 2:07 PM, backontrack said:

1. Jesus did die for our sins all of them only if we repent but this does not give one an open door to sin and not be responsible for those sins or not be held responsible. For instance Peter 3:10   colossians 4:6  Ephesians 4:29 and many more. 

2. John 8: 13-13 Go and sin no more.

3.  Lust Matthew 5:28  Corinthians 6:13 2 Timothy 2:22 

4. Jesus did not do away with the law he did fulfill it but we yes we still live by the 10 commandments if we did not then everyone would have a free for all with sin. In the end the world will be judged by them at the great white throne judgement. 

I think you are leaving out or forgetting that born again children of God have the Holy Spirit living inside of them, John assures us that we, those who are truly born again children of God:

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 1 Jn 3:9

Our problem arises from the fact that we have a traitor living inside of us, ...our old carnal nature, it's our old man that is continually trying to make us sin, and James tells us we sin when we allow the old man to reign in our heart rather than the Holy Spirit:

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.  When when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. Jas 1:13-15

What he is telling us is the new man is not tempted by the Holy Spirit to sin, because God cannot be tempted to sin, but rather our old man, the traitor living inside of us, lusts after the forbidden fruit. 

The New Covenant tells us the Holy Spirit writes His Law on our hearts and brings them to remembrance in our minds, but..., the desire of our heart is always a stronger force than our intellect, so we know that we shouldn't sin, the Holy Spirit is practically screaming the verse in our minds, ...but sin is conceived in our heart and we sin against His Holy Counsel, ...we literally walk over the Holy Spirit as we run to our pleasure in sin for a season.

However, Father knew we would perform the sin before the foundation of the World and Jesus took it on Himself on the Cross at Calvary, so as John teaches us:

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  1 Jn 1:9 

The word confess is homologeō in the Greek text, it means, "to say the same thing," so when the Holy Spirit convicts us of our sin we go to Father and say, "Father, you are right, I'm a sinner saved by grace, I have sinned against your Holy Righteousness ...have mercy on me," and John tells us,  He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The experience causes us to draw closer to the Holy spirit for His power in our lives, what we learn from the experience is we can't fight the old man in our own strength or will power, ...only the power of the Holy Spirit can set us free.

Now, I'm not saying we have a free license to habitually sin, John explains for us the life and character of those that think they have a free pass to sin this way:

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever (habitually) doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that (habitually) loveth not his brother.  Jn 3:10

A born again child of God does not habitually sin, au contrare, when the Holy Spirit convicts him of sin he runs to Father to be cleansed, and as Missler always said, ...don't waste the lesson!

Lord bless