• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/10/2019 at 5:13 PM, leah777 said:

How do you know you have been baptized in the Holy Spirit?

What about if you do not speak in tongues? are you not worthy to be baptized in the Holy Spirit if you dont speak in tongues?

Are you still saved if you are not baptized in the Holy Spirit?

Sorry for all the questions guys, this came up in another thread I am in, and I feel lost and shaky about all this stuff now.

It is not just the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but also of Fire. The devil is really good at getting us to settle for less than the promise.

In the Old Testament, whenever Isaiah was called to be a prophet, an Angel of the Lord, a Seraphim, took fire from the Altar and touched the prophet's lips, cleansing him of his sins. Thus this baptism was also around under the Old Covenant. John the Baptist said that Jesus would Baptize with FIRE and the Holy Spirit.

To receive this baptism all you need to do is:

1) Be Born Again.

2) Ask the Father for it in the name of Jesus.

3) Open your mouth, in FAITH, and speak the syllables which come up from the Holy Spirit inside of you.

It's that simple. Once you do it one time, it becomes easier to trust at all times in the future.

I pray in tongues all the time, especially at work. I can hardly get any work done because I'm praying in tongues so much, so trust me, it's real. I was baptized in the Holy Spirit whenever I was 14 years old. I know someone who received it when they were 5 years old.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.73
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Wade8888 said:

I can hardly get any work done because I'm praying in tongues so much,

I bet that please your employer - not. You should be working when at work, earning your pay.

9 hours ago, Wade8888 said:

It is not just the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but also of Fire.

Are you adding to baptism? where does it say this in the Bible, in the NT? What do you mean - fire?

I also want scripture of where the bible says tongues is essential proof of the Holy Spirit baptism and the gift every person receives. I have not see scripture yet to show it.

2 hours ago, leah777 said:

I bet that please your employer - not. You should be working when at work, earning your pay.

Are you adding to baptism? where does it say this in the Bible, in the NT? What do you mean - fire?

I also want scripture of where the bible says tongues is essential proof of the Holy Spirit baptism and the gift every person receives. I have not see scripture yet to show it.

That's where you are wrong. I have a job that isn't interrupted: I drive, so speaking in tongues doesn't actually interrupt anything.

11 hours ago, Wade8888 said:

I pray in tongues all the time, especially at work. I can hardly get any work done because I'm praying in tongues so much

You did say this, and now you say this

16 minutes ago, Wade8888 said:

That's where you are wrong. I have a job that isn't interrupted:

Is your work hardly getting done, or not? Both of these cant be true at the same time. 

Still waiting for scripture to back up you saying people HAVE to speak in tongues to prove they have the Holy Spirit, if they dont, they have not got the Spirit Baptism.

2 hours ago, Cletus said:

Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Act 2:3  And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Lev 9:23  And Moses and Aaron went into the tabernacle of the congregation, and came out, and blessed the people: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto all the people.
Lev 9:24  And there came a fire out from before the LORD, and consumed upon the altar the burnt offering and the fat: which when all the people saw, they shouted, and fell on their faces.

Lev 10:1  And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.
Lev 10:2  And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.
Lev 10:3  Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that the LORD spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified. And Aaron held his peace.

Mind expanding what you are getting at? Its sounds to me like the fire from God isnt part of a baptism like Wade is saying it is, but is a sign of Gods presence and power which could happen at the Holy Spirit baptism and other times. I didnt sense or see fire at any baptism I ever went to.

8 hours ago, Cletus said:

Leah777 have you ever had this baptism?

yes, like fire which does not hurt pouring over my head and down to my feet. Invisible fire just after my water baptism years ago.

but no visible tongues of fire around me. Maybe other gifts, but no tongues speaking either for me. I started this thread because someone said it is only true baptism if I  do tongues. I am questioning that statement. I know dedicated Christians who have other gifts, but no speaking in tongues.

I wanted to know if having to speak in tongues or you are a lesser or not a real Christian was true, like someone said on here. Looking at scripture, I dont think they are right.

15 hours ago, leah777 said:

You did say this, and now you say this

Is your work hardly getting done, or not? Both of these cant be true at the same time. 

Still waiting for scripture to back up you saying people HAVE to speak in tongues to prove they have the Holy Spirit, if they dont, they have not got the Spirit Baptism.

It was a bad choice of words, that's all. In fact, the other day my boss told me he wished he had more employees like me.

Second part:

In the book of Acts, there was consistent outward evidence whenever someone received the Holy Spirit, and this outward evidence is always "Tongues" either directly or indirectly stated to be such...so much so that the sorcerer tried to buy the Holy Spirit when he saw that it was recieved with laying on of hands. Laying on of hands is not required, but it does help, but you cannot buy the Holy Spirit.

Edited by Wade8888

59 minutes ago, Wade8888 said:

but you cannot buy the Holy Spirit

why do you keep saying this to me, and mentioning Simon? I have NEVER suggested trying to buy the Holy Spirit. I hope you have misunderstood em, or I have misunderstood your words. I am not looking to buy something, or try to get something that is not freely given by God, and am a bit shocked at the idea.

26 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Some people are going to tell you if you dont speak in tongues you are not baptized in The Holy Spirit and that tongues is evidence of getting a dose of The Ghost.  Personally because of this scripture(down a bit) I do not think every single person does/will speak in tongues.  But no one christian is lesser than another due to what gifts they have or do not have.  We each have a part of Christ, we are each apart of the same body and different parts of the body do different things and have different functions and the hand cannot say to the foot i dont need you.  anyway, here is the scripture that makes me question everyone baptized in The Holy Spirit will speak in tongues:

1Co 12:28  And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
1Co 12:29  Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
1Co 12:30  Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
1Co 12:31  But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

Baptism by water is not the same baptism.  Every one has a different story about their baptism.  Some are similar, some are radically different.  I have given up trying to figure out if someone is Spirit filled by what they say on an internet forum.  I just encourage people to find a church with the Holy Spirit there, and truth found in scripture preached there, and have elders lay hands on you... but I also encourage not to let just anyone lay hands on you because unclean spirits copy God and you do not want a false counterfeit Holy Spirit getting in you.  some churches out there have such spirits these days.  do not let just anyone lay hands on you, or even just pray for you.  Test the spirits and know for certain its of God.  

Bless you and Thank you.

22 hours ago, leah777 said:

why do you keep saying this to me, and mentioning Simon? I have NEVER suggested trying to buy the Holy Spirit. I hope you have misunderstood em, or I have misunderstood your words. I am not looking to buy something, or try to get something that is not freely given by God, and am a bit shocked at the idea.

Maybe because there are a lot of pastors of different intentions who write books and make teaching CDs on the subject, and then sell them for money.