IGNORED

Baptized in the Holy Spirit?

leah777

Guest AgedLace
3 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The error in this is placing trust in the feeling, the intuitions, within one's heart... especially when God says we are to have no other foundation but Christ Who through written Word and Holy Spirit verifies all s_Spirits in the testing ….. we in an of ourselves are NOT the reliable source but the Word of God 'IS'...

I never told her, or anyone else, to place trust in a feeling or intuition.  I *always* tell people to trust God alone.  WHen God prompts you, you know it.  You have to learn to discern the difference between the two, and it *is* possible.  All one needs to do is ASK ... and they WILL receive ... whatever they need ... wisdom, discernment, understanding ... whatever.  

Edited to add this ... if you read my last response to @leah777, you will see that I purposefully pointed her to ask God her questions, and then to ask Him to show her His answers in His WORD.  Not feelings or intuition or he said or she said.  God alone is the answer.  Always and forever.

Edited by AgedLace

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,782
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

12 minutes ago, AgedLace said:

As I shared with you before, when it happens you *will* know ... you won't have to guess or wonder.  Your spirit will witness to you that what is happening is from Him.  

4 minutes ago, AgedLace said:

I never told her, or anyone else, to place trust in a feeling or intuition.  I *always* tell people to trust God alone.  WHen God prompts you, you know it.  You have to learn to discern the difference between the two, and it *is* possible.  All one needs to do is ASK ... and they WILL receive ... whatever they need ... wisdom, discernment, understanding ... whatever.  

I don't see the priority of Scripture in any of this :noidea: 

Guest AgedLace
Just now, enoob57 said:

I don't see the priority of Scripture in any of this :noidea: 

Read my edit  ... and read my last response to her. On second thought, let me repost it here for you ...

QUOTED FROM MY LAST RESPONSE TO LEAH777

This is what I would do if I were where you are right now.  

I would ask God this very same question.  Then I would ask Him to show me *IN HIS WORD* what His answer is.  Then I would prayerfully start reading ... particularly the Book of Acts in this case, and any others that He may prompt you to look up.  Let the Holy Spirit teach you.  I assure you, once you have been taught by Him, you will *never* look to another human being for understanding of what the Bible says or means ever again.  

Because if Scripture were the priority then you could only conclude there is only one baptism of The Holy Spirit

1 Cor 12:13

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
KJV

Eph 4:3-6

3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
KJV

• Loved it! 1

4 minutes ago, AgedLace said:

I would ask God this very same question.  Then I would ask Him to show me *IN HIS WORD* what His answer is.  Then I would prayerfully start reading ... particularly the Book of Acts in this case, and any others that He may prompt you to look up.  Let the Holy Spirit teach you.  I assure you, once you have been taught by Him, you will *never* look to another human being for understanding of what the Bible says or means ever again

May I ask why then has God given us teachers ?

Eph 4:11-12

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
KJV

Guest AgedLace
Just now, enoob57 said:

May I ask why then has God given us teachers ?

In my opinion, God gives us teachers to teach us that the Bible says that the Holy Spirit is our Teacher. 

[Luk 12:12 NASB]
for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say."

[Jhn 14:26 NASB]
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Also part of the New Covenant includes this promise from God ...

[Jer 31:33 NASB]
"But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

[Jer 31:34 NASB]
"They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

and finally we have this Scripture ...

[1Jo 2:27 NASB]
As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

35 minutes ago, AgedLace said:

In my opinion, God gives us teachers to teach us that the Bible says that the Holy Spirit is our Teacher. 

God 'IS' everything in way, truth and life... here we are focusing on 'the way' God leads us in The Holy Spirit as I already showed you

1 Cor 12:28-31
 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.
KJV

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
KJV

The conclusion is that The Holy Spirit teaches us through men...

[Luk 12:12 NASB]
for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say."

[Jhn 14:26 NASB]
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

This was directed directly to the inspiration of God's Word through his disciples... it is what we have as New Testament of His Blood Mathew-Revelation.... context here is vital to correctly dividing the Word of Truth...

Also part of the New Covenant includes this promise from God ...

[Jer 31:33 NASB]
"But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

[Jer 31:34 NASB]
"They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

This is speaking directly to new birth through the provision of Jesus and the cross by the power of The Holy Spirit as 'The Church' and 'The Eternal state'...

and finally we have this Scripture ...

[1Jo 2:27 NASB]
As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

as is necessary for all Scripture the whole of what is said on a topic must be gathered to have complete understanding as humanly possible... thus the vine concept comes into play here Christ The Root, The Stem The Holy Spirit transporting Truth from The Word, The Branches The Body of Christ individually gifted as talked about above in use of teachers and other, The Fruit of New Birth those Born of incorruptible seed … So for the above it is God giving us assurance we will receive because we have the position in the vine to do so BUT you have no need for teachers when The Holy Spirit gifts those of the vine to teach~ a resolve in this can only be the man himself is not the one teaching but The Spirit within the man and the anointing to recognize that which is of God by the hermeneutic of the Scriptures- and objective based faith not a subjective one in foundational truth for all generations.... 

Guest AgedLace
2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

God 'IS' everything in way, truth and life... here we are focusing on 'the way' God leads us in The Holy Spirit as I already showed you

1 Cor 12:28-31
 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29 Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.
KJV

KJV

The conclusion is that The Holy Spirit teaches us through men...

This was directed directly to the inspiration of God's Word through his disciples... it is what we have as New Testament of His Blood.... context here is vital to correctly dividing the Word of Truth...

This is speaking directly to new birth through the provision of Jesus and the cross by the power of The Holy Spirit as 'The Church' and 'The Eternal state'...

as is necessary for all Scripture the whole of what is said on a topic must be gathered to have complete understanding as humanly possible... thus the vine concept comes into play here Christ The Root, The Stem The Holy Spirit transporting Truth from The Word, The Branches The Body of Christ individually gifted as talked about above in use of teachers and other, The Fruit of New Birth those Born of incorruptible seed … So for the above it is God giving us assurance we will receive because we have the position in the vine to do so BUT you have no need for teachers when The Holy Spirit gifts those of the vine to teach~ a resolve in this can only be the man himself is not the one teaching but The Spirit within the man and the anointing to recognize that which is of God by the hermeneutic of the Scriptures- and objective based faith not a subjective one in foundational truth for all generations.... 

So let me see if I understand you correctly.

When I suggest people directly ask God their questions and ask Him to reveal His answers through His Word that I am in error because that is why God gave us teachers and that is the only way, biblically speaking, we are to get our teaching today.  

2 minutes ago, AgedLace said:

So let me see if I understand you correctly.

When I suggest people directly ask God their questions and ask Him to reveal His answers through His Word that I am in error because that is why God gave us teachers and that is the only way, biblically speaking, we are to get our teaching today.  

Let God's Word through the power of The Holy Spirit direct you through the means God's Word says :) The narrow path is following The Scriptures as the number 1 authority... when we suggest a spiritual feeling or intuition as authority we have started down the path of error! Thus why God promised through this success

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

We ask God to direct us in His Word through s/Spiritually inspired teachers that we may teach others also … so as born again possessors of God The Holy Spirit we have the unction to discern truth as we yield to His already learned truth of the Word within us... Sanctification!

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest AgedLace
Just now, enoob57 said:

Let God's Word through the power of The Holy Spirit direct you through the means God's Word says :) The narrow path is following The Scriptures as the number 1 authority... when we suggest a spiritual feeling or intuition as authority we have started down the path of error! Thus why God promised through this success

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

We ask God to direct us in His Word through s/Spiritually inspired teachers that we may teach others also … so as born again possessors of God The Holy Spirit we have the unction to discern truth as we yield to His already learned truth of the Word within us... Sanctification!

Can you please clarify to me how suggesting someone ask God their questions and asking Him to show them through His WORD [i.e. Scripture taking priority!] is suggesting a spiritual feeling or intution is the authority?   I am pointing people to God and to His Word as the *sole* authority, let alone the 1st priority ... not to feelings or intutions.  So I really truly do not understand what your issue is with what I have stated.