Sign in to follow this  
leah777

Baptized in the Holy Spirit?

10 hours ago, Cletus said:

well i do thank you for lining me out on what my experiences actually are.  we should exchange email addies in case i ever need your services again. 

anytime you want to know more, Just ask me. Because I know and believe the Bible.

• Praying for You! 1

Are you and I 'saved" if we have yet to experience being 'baptized in the SPIRIT"?  Take a look at the original Apostles and others who were with JESUS for at least 3 years...who followed Him, gave up their earthly vocations and more and were truly dedicated to HIM.  What if they were to die before what happened on the Day of Pentacost. Were they 'saved"? Of course they were!  John (the Baptist) was beheaded, James was murdered and several more followers of JESUS met death before being "baptized" in His Spirit. What makes you and I any different?  Being baptized in the Spirit, to me, is an extra bonus, a confirmation on His part that we are extra special to Him.  We are already 'in His Spirit", having His Spirit with us the moment we believe and  confess Him.  The outward 'act" or infusion of His Spirit that makes us dance, or sing , or cry, or move or fall in weakness, or speak in a different language is a reaction to flesh meeting it's Creator's touch in a profound way that forever bonds us to HIM.  Imagine a good earthly father donating his kidney to save the life of his child.  It simply does not stop there. The same father will guard, teach, give good gifts and more to that same child as the child grows.  Same thing happens to God's own.  They get all of HIM when they embrace Him, yet, JESUS CHRIST just keeps giving and giving!

The Bible tells us that in order to inherit the Kingdom, we must be born of the water and of the Spirit (John 3:5), and that without the Spirit of God we are none of the Lord's (Romans 8:9).

Every instance throughout Scripture when I convert was filled with the Spirit, they spoke with new tongues. (Acts 2:4; Acts 10:46; Acts 19:6)

Why should we expect our Spirit infilling experience to be any different?  

On 1/11/2019 at 11:46 PM, leah777 said:

That scripture is saying not everyone speaks in tongues. 

Is speaking in tongues proof of the Holy Spirit baptism? that scripture appears to say it isnt, its a gift some have, and some dont.

Yes, I agree, tongues is gift that some are given and some are not. Indeed, tongues seems to be regarded in Scripture as secondary gift - for example, prophecy is deemed to be of higher value.

This is in contrast to esteem that some Christians give tongues. Their view is that if one doesn't have tongues, one is not true believer.

• Thumbs Up 1

How do you know you have been baptized in the Holy Spirit? is simply being filled or empowered by the Holy Spirit to do God's word, to grow in the virtues of II Peter 1.  I ask to be filled every hour.

What about if you do not speak in tongues? are you not worthy to be baptized in the Holy Spirit if you dont speak in tongues?

Speaking in unknown languages is not necessary.   If you read Acts looking for "Holy Spirit" with phrases like upon, fill, filled, full you will see it happens often and gives one the strength to do God's work like witnessing or serving others.

Are you still saved if you are not baptized in the Holy Spirit?  When one is saved they become indwelt by the Holy Spirit which means He is now living in you to make you a new creation.    Being filled is empowerment by the Holy Spirit.    So, Yes one is saved even if they do not speak in tongues --- which is the least of spiritual gifts and should not be the centerpiece of any church. 

jsut remember not all speak in tongues.

So evidence of the holy spirit could be any of the gifts .

Sign in to follow this