• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

Scripture says;

Luke 16:10 (NASB)
"He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much.

“faithful in a very little thing”. 

Scripture calls us to be faithful in a very little thing, as a steppingstone to the greater thing. If we fail to be faithful in the small things is it a wonder we’re not entrusted with that which would be considered a larger thing? As believers who would be pleasing to our Creator in both large and small things, let us, as He has said be faithful in the small things. So as scripture says; 

James 4:10 (NASB)
Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you.

It is the small things that we must be found faithful in first. 

But what does in mean to be found faithful in the small things?  Prayer? Bible reading? Sharing Christ? All these things are good and proper. But what is still lacking? You can have all these things and still not be found faithful in the small things. For if you don’t have the one ingredient to add to all the above, your building castles in the air with your own imagination and self effort. What is that one thing? ...... 

Righteousness.

So what is one to do? 

When the Spirit of Christ in your heart, brings something to your attention, don’t think it’s to small a thing to worry about. For at that moment of time, that is the obedience God is calling you to. For at that moment of time, that is the standard to which you have obtained. Whether it be a large or small thing. For to be inwardly directed by the Peace of Christ in your heart is what we have been called to. Paying attention to the Peace of Christ in our hearts, and it’s nudgings, in the small things, is that that causes us to grow into the larger things. We have all been called to the larger things, but as new born babes we have to be found faithful in the small things first. For God’s heart is set on our growth and obedience in the small things,  is that that comes first. So let us agree with Him,  that that too, is what our hearts are set upon.  For God would have His children, all His children, walk in newness of life, which is walking in righteousness before Him in the here and now. 

Blessings, as wise builders, we strive to build, and make this a living reality in our life’s. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Loved it! 2
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 minutes ago, Not me said:

Scripture says;

Luke 16:10 (NASB)
"He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much.

Just paid my taxes for a year.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Humility and willingness are really big  requirements, as is diligence.   I have a neighbor who wants to be a missionary.  I hired him to help with weekly yard work for just my back yard.  He came weekly or every other week for a couple of months and then he just stopped coming.  He didn't say anything to me or his family.  He just stopped.  I paid him $10. per week  for working about 15 minutes.  

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member

5 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Just paid my taxes for a year.

Blessings,

3 hours ago, Willa said:

Humility and willingness are really big  requirements, as is diligence.   I have a neighbor who wants to be a missionary.  I hired him to help with weekly yard work for just my back yard.  He came weekly or every other week for a couple of months and then he just stopped coming.  He didn't say anything to me or his family.  He just stopped.  I paid him $10. per week  for working about 15 minutes.  

In a situation like this,  I find it hard to believe that his heart was not pricked toward proper behavior. It is in the small things obedience is learned. Whether or not he wanted to continue doing the job is a separate issue. But the will to listen to what the Peace of Christ in one’s heart is saying. These lessons are for all God’s children that would follow Him truly. Whether one wanted to be a Missionary or a Gardener, the Spirit of Christ is the same in both. Righteousness is righteousness. To all, torwards all, in all circumstances and situations. It is obedience in the small that causes great increase and growth. 

Blessings,

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

When I think of being faithful in small things, I often think of small practical things a Christian might do for another....like a senior citizen who is unable to do certain things or has difficulty doing something, or is lonely, etc.    It might be a small thing to do for us but might mean so much to  someone else.   Also, as we are faithful in doing the small things, the Lord will often open doors to bigger things.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Luke 16 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Parable of the Dishonest Manager

16 He also said to the disciples, “There was a rich man who had a manager, and charges were brought to him that this man was wasting his possessions.  And he called him and said to him, ‘What is this that I hear about you? Turn in the account of your management, for you can no longer be manager.’  And the manager said to himself, ‘What shall I do, since my master is taking the management away from me? I am not strong enough to dig, and I am ashamed to beg.  I have decided what to do, so that when I am removed from management, people may receive me into their houses.’  So, summoning his master's debtors one by one, he said to the first, ‘How much do you owe my master?’  He said, ‘A hundred measures of oil.’ He said to him, ‘Take your bill, and sit down quickly and write fifty.’  Then he said to another, ‘And how much do you owe?’ He said, ‘A hundred measures of wheat.’ He said to him, ‘Take your bill, and write eighty.’  The master commended the dishonest manager for his shrewdness. For the sons of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own generation than the sons of light.  And I tell you, make friends for yourselves by means of unrighteous wealth, so that when it fails they may receive you into the eternal dwellings.

10 “One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much.  If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches?  And if you have not been faithful in that which is another's, who will give you that which is your own?  No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.”

The Law and the Kingdom of God

The Pharisees, who were lovers of money, heard all these things, and they ridiculed him.  And he said to them, “You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God.

“The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone forces his way into it. But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one dot of the Law to become void.

------

"11- 'If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches? "

Unrighteous wealth and righteous wealth I think is key in understanding the point of verse 10. Unrighteous gain and the enticement of others to join in one's deceit will not lead to any gain in righteous wealth. No one can cheat the master and be received by the master as his bond-servant and rewarded with treasure that is laid upfor eternity. Ill gotten gain does not go unnoticed. It causes eternal suffering for all that participate in deceptions as  each deception is sin against God. It is the nature of many an unGodly man  to take gain thinking  their deception result sin personal unseen  and unwarranted gains.

If one cuts a corner, conspires to defraud in any manner by shaving a little off the edges here and there  it does not go unnoticed by God. He will not tolerate it. Such men as do these things do not gain righteous wealth that is treasure laid up at heaven. There will be none for them. They will be elsewhere for they are cheats. They sin against God as fraudulent holy men do, for their real love is of money.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member

6 hours ago, Debp said:

When I think of being faithful in small things, I often think of small practical things a Christian might do for another....like a senior citizen who is unable to do certain things or has difficulty doing something, or is lonely, etc.    It might be a small thing to do for us but might mean so much to  someone else.   Also, as we are faithful in doing the small things, the Lord will often open doors to bigger things.

So true Debp, if we are obedient to God in the small things, He is faithful and just to give, require, offer, us the greater things to walk in. Which quite often, are such a blessing to us, as we could never have imagined, 

blessings, :) 

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Luke 16 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Parable of the Dishonest Manager

16 He also said to the disciples, “There was a rich man who had a manager, and charges were brought to him that this man was wasting his possessions.  And he called him and said to him, ‘What is this that I hear about you? Turn in the account of your management, for you can no longer be manager.’  And the manager said to himself, ‘What shall I do, since my master is taking the management away from me? I am not strong enough to dig, and I am ashamed to beg.  I have decided what to do, so that when I am removed from management, people may receive me into their houses.’  So, summoning his master's debtors one by one, he said to the first, ‘How much do you owe my master?’  He said, ‘A hundred measures of oil.’ He said to him, ‘Take your bill, and sit down quickly and write fifty.’  Then he said to another, ‘And how much do you owe?’ He said, ‘A hundred measures of wheat.’ He said to him, ‘Take your bill, and write eighty.’  The master commended the dishonest manager for his shrewdness. For the sons of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own generation than the sons of light.  And I tell you, make friends for yourselves by means of unrighteous wealth, so that when it fails they may receive you into the eternal dwellings.

10 “One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much.  If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches?  And if you have not been faithful in that which is another's, who will give you that which is your own?  No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.”

The Law and the Kingdom of God

The Pharisees, who were lovers of money, heard all these things, and they ridiculed him.  And he said to them, “You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God.

“The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone forces his way into it. But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one dot of the Law to become void.

------

"11- 'If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches? "

Unrighteous wealth and righteous wealth I think is key in understanding the point of verse 10. Unrighteous gain and the enticement of others to join in one's deceit will not lead to any gain in righteous wealth. No one can cheat the master and be received by the master as his bond-servant and rewarded with treasure that is laid upfor eternity. Ill gotten gain does not go unnoticed. It causes eternal suffering for all that participate in deceptions as  each deception is sin against God. It is the nature of many an unGodly man  to take gain thinking  their deception result sin personal unseen  and unwarranted gains.

If one cuts a corner, conspires to defraud in any manner by shaving a little off the edges here and there  it does not go unnoticed by God. He will not tolerate it. Such men as do these things do not gain righteous wealth that is treasure laid up at heaven. There will be none for them. They will be elsewhere for they are cheats. They sin against God as fraudulent holy men do, for their real love is of money.

As I’m sure you know, and have tasted. There are many spiritual principles in the Bible that cover life itself.

Thanks for your thoughts and insights, as we both feed our relationship with the One who is personally teaching us all things. For He teaches us, as He said, with His “eye upon us”

Blessings 

2 hours ago, SelahSong said:

Amen, Deb... and, perhaps, the things we consider (in our own eyes) to be small, like the ones you mentioned above, or giving someone a big smile when prompted by the Holy Spirit, are in God's eyes very BIG indeed.  These things probably make God smile!  :emot-heartbeat:

Thanks for a great post, Not me. :)

--Selah--

Thanks for the smiles/joy this morning, SelahSong.

For when I read the words;

“when prompted by the Holy Spirit”

they brought such a smile to my face, than to read;

“are in God’s eyes very BIG indeed”.

The smile turned to joy. 

As scripture says;  we feed off of each other’s faith. Thanks for feeding and giving me strength this morning. Thanks for the muchity munch. 

Blessings, 

Edited by Not me
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:50 PM, Willa said:

Sister you are loved .  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

10 hours ago, SelahSong said:

Amen, Deb... and, perhaps, the things we consider (in our own eyes) to be small, like the ones you mentioned above, or giving someone a big smile when prompted by the Holy Spirit, are in God's eyes very BIG indeed.  These things probably make God smile!  :emot-heartbeat:

Thanks for a great post, Not me. :)

--Selah--

Sister , you are loved beyond mere words .   Put those hands up and praise the LORD .